Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy AGAIN

Thu May 27, 2010 5:55 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26530144/

Re: Craig Bellamy AGAIN

Thu May 27, 2010 6:03 am

Not a big fan of Bellamy ever since he was walking past a group of Cardiff fans on a Wales away game they started singing his name etc and he stuck his fingers up to them. They were the wrong city fans to do that to as they quickly gave chase but to no availe due to the fact he is fast as f**k!

Bit of an arrogant prick in my opinion, having said that I'd imaging half of our squad are so if he did the business and kept injury free he'd end up being a bloody god down here. Plus I think he'd fall out with jonesie!

Back into reality though this has come from the echo!

Thu May 27, 2010 6:08 am

Her's a bit more

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 39911.html

Just seems like a story from last week before our epic fail.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:21 am

It says in the mirror article how We are Bellamys favourite team, everyone knows it's Liverpool always has been. It was made a really big point when he signed for them as well.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 am

Splottoman wrote:It says in the mirror article how We are Bellamys favourite team, everyone knows it's Liverpool always has been. It was made a really big point when he signed for them as well.

he is very much a homebird and his family are hardly away from their home in the Vale. I honk it's more Cardiff is his favourite place to be right now as his family are not budging.

But let's not analyse it too much it ain't happening. Even if we had that cash, you could spend it wisely on a whole team that could take us up.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:36 am

he is very much a homebird and his family are hardly away from their home in the Vale. I honk it's more Cardiff is his favourite place to be right now as his family are not budging.

I'm not saying he isn't a home bird what I said was that he was a Liverpool fan not Cardiff City fan. Plus I don't believe it will happen due to finances. You're right we could buy a team with the money it would cost us and he'd probably be injured most of the season anyway. The only way it would work is on a Kevin Ratcliffe style contract when he was down the city he was only paid if he played.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:54 am

I cant see it happening somehow coz he's way way too expensive for us and besides its either him or Chops in the starting 11 and which ever 1 is left out wont be happy ! :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:06 am

Maybe it's Koumas! lol...

Thu May 27, 2010 7:24 am

Just when will learn - i dont want a big name player on huge wages and past his sell by date - I want eleven hungry fit agressive and pacy twenty five to twenty seven your olds that will die for the shirt please

We have tried this way before and failed - new regime fresh ideas

Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 am

Ryan Giggs ????? ;)

Thu May 27, 2010 7:31 am

Dobbin wrote:Just when will learn - i dont want a big name player on huge wages and past his sell by date - I want eleven hungry fit agressive and pacy twenty five to twenty seven your olds that will die for the shirt please

Bellamy is not past his sell by date...he's nothing like Fowler or Jimmy... he was one of the best players in the prem last year! as much as I think he's a c**t I'd take him in a heart beat...this summer or next anything after that he can do one!

Thu May 27, 2010 7:34 am

If we are going for a seaon long loan deal id rather have a player with a proven track record at Championship level , players like Iwulemo and Ebanks Blake at Wolves ! :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Just when will learn - i dont want a big name player on huge wages and past his sell by date - I want eleven hungry fit agressive and pacy twenty five to twenty seven your olds that will die for the shirt please

Bellamy is not past his sell by date...he's nothing like Fowler or Jimmy... he was one of the best players in the prem last year! as much as I think he's a c**t I'd take him in a heart beat...this summer or next anything after that he can do one!

Yes I know bellamy not past his sell by date but cant see this happening - what I was referring too is another fowler or hasslebank DJ and Ridler tried it once it failed - Dont want it again

Dont want big names bleeding the club dry - want hungry players on lower wages - Just my opinion but obviously other people want different !!

Thu May 27, 2010 7:45 am

before QPR get them all :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 7:48 am

Bigbluebird wrote:Maybe it's Koumas! lol...

I wouldnt say that's Ryan Giggs level :lol:

Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 am

Bellamy would take us up no doubt, seems hard to beleive tho

Thu May 27, 2010 9:52 am

I know this might sound crazy but would Bellamy be the right signing for us? I'd much rather a solid central midfield battler. I mean, Bellamy is prone to injury and we already have great attacking options. I also think Chopra would score more in a season than Bellamy.

Controversial opinion?

Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 am

I emailed Annis about the Bellamy story 6/7 months ago.

It's not a bullshit story, believe me.
I can't give the details, but lets just say Bellamy wants to move here, and quick ;)

Thu May 27, 2010 11:33 am

I REALLY hope he does come here, but where would he play, if we kept Chops he would be unhappy if he wasnt playing, and then it would be stupid having a player of bellamys quality on our bench.

Can he play on the wing>?

Thu May 27, 2010 12:23 pm

so why does he want to come down here quick....sounds like hes done something up there and wants a rapid move......id still thin kit,d be a great move ,the guy is lighting quick and would tear the league apart.....if tg,s happy to have him ,it would be a great signing of which u could,nt compare it to fowler...bellers is fantastic and doesnt stop running ...did fowler ever do that !!!!

Thu May 27, 2010 12:29 pm

d20 wrote:so why does he want to come down here quick....sounds like hes done something up there and wants a rapid move......id still thin kit,d be a great move ,the guy is lighting quick and would tear the league apart.....if tg,s happy to have him ,it would be a great signing of which u could,nt compare it to fowler...bellers is fantastic and doesnt stop running ...did fowler ever do that !!!!

His family live down here i think.
He obviously would want to be closer to them.

Think he said he only got a good 3/4 seasons left in him before his knee gives out, and he wants to finish his career at Cardiff and wasn't he quoted last week that he'll never play for another ENGLISH club? ;)

There's more to it that i know of, but i've been asked to keep quiet until it does happen.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:33 pm

you say you have to keep quiet so what do u know or how likely is this story and is it more than just a rumour.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Ross Young wrote:I emailed Annis about the Bellamy story 6/7 months ago.

It's not a bullshit story, believe me.
I can't give the details, but lets just say Bellamy wants to move here, and quick ;)

Thats funny because when I posted about it on here before xmas last year everyone told me I was talking out of my arse and knew nothing about football and we couldnt afford him.

I know its not bullshit and had we gone up he would have been here 100%. I am not that surprised that it is still being talked about because from what I have been told he is desperate to come to us.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Splottoman wrote:Not a big fan of Bellamy ever since he was walking past a group of Cardiff fans on a Wales away game they started singing his name etc and he stuck his fingers up to them. They were the wrong city fans to do that to as they quickly gave chase but to no availe due to the fact he is fast as f**k!

Bit of an arrogant prick in my opinion, having said that I'd imaging half of our squad are so if he did the business and kept injury free he'd end up being a bloody god down here. Plus I think he'd fall out with jonesie!

Back into reality though this has come from the echo!

Met him the airport after the Finland game when he was sent home for getting another yellow card. He stopped to talk to us for ages. Came over as good as gold.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 pm

quite simply if we did sign him it would be a great addition his pace would be an asset in the championship,not only that it would show the intention of tg of wanting to get up next year.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 pm

d20 wrote:you say you have to keep quiet so what do u know or how likely is this story and is it more than just a rumour.

He says he has to keep quiet so you ask him for more info.LOL

I heard that he can't train and play, its one or the other, the fact that he starts without training has caused some resentment and led to fall outs with Hughes and Mancini, He dont need the money so is willing to play for championship wages and as he wont pass a medical at a top club City know they cant cash in on him. He only has a year left on his contract and he could probably manufacture a move out on his terms if he really wanted to leave.

Thu May 27, 2010 12:42 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:
d20 wrote:you say you have to keep quiet so what do u know or how likely is this story and is it more than just a rumour.

He says he has to keep quiet so you ask him for more info.LOL

I heard that he can't train and play, its one or the other, the fact that he starts without training has caused some resentment and led to fall outs with Hughes and Mancini, He dont need the money so is willing to play for championship wages and as he wont pass a medical at a top club City know they cant cash in on him. He only has a year left on his contract and he could probably manufacture a move out on his terms if he really wanted to leave.

I always thought Hughes loved him.

Taken him wherever he's gone.

Thu May 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:If we are going for a seaon long loan deal id rather have a player with a proven track record at Championship level , players like Iwulemo and Ebanks Blake at Wolves ! :ayatollah:

f**k off would you prefer Iwulemo and Ebanks Blake instead of Bellamy :mrgreen:

Zabier wrote:I also think Chopra would score more in a season than Bellamy

you mean the Chopra who scored 16 goals in the Championship, as opposed to the Bellamy who scored 10 in the Prem?

bizarre

Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm

I know some of Bellamy's family. But they aren't talking. (YET!)

Whether or not he would come here is one thing. But the fact of the matter remains the guy is fast as f**k - and can start a run from the half way line and out pace half the championship defenders - I could see him beating the off side trap on a regular basis in our division - and we all know he's a good be for a one on one with the keeper.
Cardiff have had the nack at taming the wild boys when they've joined, Bellamy would be no different, and personally, joining a club he loves and lives near will calm him down anyway knowing his knee problem will eventually halt an early end to his career. he still has a good couple of seasons in him, and a loan with a permanent deal at the end of it would be nothing but short of magical for us. (with the possibilities of even staying and help produce the acadamy and its strikers)! :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 5:20 pm

he is on his way ITV just sort of said so :D