Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I AM SORRY BUT I CANT BE AS"

Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 am

Positive as most of you about Next Season, I first of all believe Dave Jones should Go NOW, as he is a Nearly Man who fails time and time again at the Final Hurdle, Just look at the last 2 seasons Never mind the previous 12 Seasons. Bottled it at Preston Away and Sheff Wed, A Disgrace against Ipswich home on Our last Ever game at Ninian Park, Wembley bottled it against Portsmouth and we played a very ordinary Blackpool team at Wembley and he could not get the formation right for that, also if you cant motivate your team for the play off Final when will you ? He has had 5 years, does he need another 5 years ?
I Rem everyone saying he should go after the Sheff Wed game, then saying oh ok maybe another year, well he has had it.
Burnley and Blackpool to of the poorest teams in the Championship BOTH OUT WITTED HIM and WANTED IT MORE THAN US, and ALSO HAD MANAGERS WHO DONT BOTTLE IT. DJ never WANTS a Leader or hard man WHY ?

I also Dont believe we will have All this Big money everyone thinks for next Season, I still say at least 2 players will be Sold before We buy and there is Still a Transfer Embargo on us, So first lets pay the Tax Man and All our Other Debts, then lets see if the Malaysians will Really Spend,Because in my Opinion they wont Spend like everyone thinks.

Sorry Just MY HONEST OPINION.

Re: " I AM SORRY BUT I CANT BE AS"

Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

I'm prepared to put up with him for another year. Maybe even less. He's been with us now for 5 (this will be his 6th) consecutive year. In that time the club has developed well, but I'm thinking we should be in the premiership right now.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Midfield general wrote:Another season of inconsistancy, team who cannot play against a 5-man midfield and no plan B is what you will get with Jones and to be honest I'm not inspired.

We need a clear out from top to bottom otherwise its mid-table at best next season

Correct NO PLAN B, Played 105 games approx when going one nil down come back to Win 7 of them in the last 5 years.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:55 am

I think if all is not going well after a couple of months. he will be replaced :roll:

Annis I agree with your sentiments and have said in another thread he would not have been my choice as a manager for next season. However the board are backing him and we should also back him. His future with us will now very much depend on results. Let's see if he can produce the goods.

Dafydd wrote:I'm prepared to put up with him for another year. Maybe even less. He's been with us now for 5 (this will be his 6th) consecutive year. In that time the club has developed well, but I'm thinking we should be in the premiership right now.

Daf, He has Sold nearly All Our Promising youngsters and The Academy is virtually bare. He doesnt even like our Welsh youngsters.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 am

I think it is better the devil you know when you are looking for stability. I am not Jones biggest fan, but I think it would be in our best interests to keep him for a further 12months, rather than looking for a new manager as well as a new team by the looks of it.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 am

It's a difficult one because the Malaysians will play their cards much closer to their chests than previous regimes.

For what it's worth I don't think DJ would have stayed if he didn't have assurances that he would have a pot to build a team capable of mounting a sustained challenge next season. Talk of offering Ledley a massive contract doesn't square with some of the rumours of cost cutting so we'll just have to wait and see.

We can say all we like about DJ (my personal opinion is he has his limitations but is better than anything would could attract at the moment) but he wasn't backed when he really needed it, i.e. January. The two teams that didn't strengthen in January were Forest and us and the story is similar although we did get a step further. How would things have been if we even had a half decent target man to back up Jay :?: :roll:

If the board have given assurances then this is DJs very last chance to get us up, he will know that better than anyone. Matthews will go and, maybe, one other but bottom line is we were one win away from the promised land so the first eleven ain't far away from what we need whatever your personal feelings about certain players/managers, etc. :)

One thing DJ did this season was give a bit of fight to the team, particularly after Christmas (Preston away the notable exception :lol: :roll: ). Progress was made and perhaps the extra wait will, in the longterm, put us in a better position to cope if/when we finally do make it :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Positive as most of you about Next Season, I first of all believe Dave Jones should Go NOW, as he is a Nearly Man who fails time and time again at the Final Hurdle, Just look at the last 2 seasons Never mind the previous 12 Seasons. Bottled it at Preston Away and Sheff Wed, A Disgrace against Ipswich home on Our last Ever game at Ninian Park, Wembley bottled it against Portsmouth and we played a very ordinary Blackpool team at Wembley and he could get the formation right for that, also if you cant motivate your team for the play off Final when will you ? He has had 5 years, does he need another 5 years ?
I Rem everyone saying he should go after the Sheff Wed game, then saying oh ok maybe another year, well he has had it.
Burnley and Blackpool to of the poorest teams in the Championship BOTH OUT WITTED HIM and WANTED IT MORE THAN US, and ALSO HAD MANAGERS WHO DONT BOTTLE IT. DJ never Says a Leader or hard man WHY ?

I also Dont believe we will have All this Big money everyone thinks for next Season, I still say at least 2 players will be Sold before We buy and there is Still a Transfer Embargo on us, So first lets pay the Tax Man and All our Other Debts, then lets see if the Malaysians will Really Spend,Because in my Opinion they wont Spend like everyone thinks.

So who, exactly, do you think could do a better job of getting Cardiff into the premiership next season?

Wed May 26, 2010 8:04 am

davebb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Positive as most of you about Next Season, I first of all believe Dave Jones should Go NOW, as he is a Nearly Man who fails time and time again at the Final Hurdle, Just look at the last 2 seasons Never mind the previous 12 Seasons. Bottled it at Preston Away and Sheff Wed, A Disgrace against Ipswich home on Our last Ever game at Ninian Park, Wembley bottled it against Portsmouth and we played a very ordinary Blackpool team at Wembley and he could get the formation right for that, also if you cant motivate your team for the play off Final when will you ? He has had 5 years, does he need another 5 years ?
Burnley and Blackpool to of the poorest teams in the Championship BOTH OUT WITTED HIM and WANTED IT MORE THAN US, and ALSO HAD MANAGERS WHO DONT BOTTLE IT. DJ never Says a Leader or hard man WHY ?

So who, exactly, do you think could do a better job of getting Cardiff into the premiership next season?

My Opinion,

Neil Warnock,Darren Ferguson(up and coming manager) and Ian Holloway have been My choices for the last 12 Months.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 am

but would any of these managers come into CCFC with the promise of no players ? I dont like DJ for the fact that he has no plan B for any game we play , if he did we would be a Prem League club today ! That said with a stronger and bigger squad then maybe he would have options but then again I think back to start of the season when Jones and Riddler said that the current squad is the strongest and best they have had for a while , so ?????? :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Neil Warnock,Darren Ferguson(up and coming manager) and Ian Holloway have been My choices for the last 12 Months.

Exactly, we have no chance of getting any of those, so Dave Jones is the best man for the job...

Wed May 26, 2010 8:11 am

davebb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Exactly, we have no chance of getting any of those, so Dave Jones is the best man for the job...

We could get 2 of them and before this season had started we could of got any one of them.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:12 am

Annis

If a player needs motivating for a play off final then he is in the wrong job,

its difficult to have a solid plan B when you have one of the smallest squads in the division whic I think is the reason DJ shows so much faith in certain players - he does not believe there is a better player so why upset him. we all know he has a ruthless streak (feeney, thomo, purse are a couple of examples) if he had the backing to build a decent sized squad then maybe a few of our first teamers would be in for a shock

The guy has his faults and its hard to argue against some of the points you make but on the other hand DJ has had to sell almost every one of his best players and wheel and deal to replace them every year, keep on going despite winding up order after winding up order, not be able to fill the bench on several occassions so to get us into a position where we have failed at the final hurdle is an achievment in itself.

I believe the guy deserves a season of something resembling financial stability and an agreed budget for the whole season (not the promise of £3m in jan then f**k all) to see what he can do.

DJ is staying PR is going, its not going to be all plain sailing but lets be honest we would have bitten hands off to be where we are now if offered 3 months ago

We are were we are _ LETS SUPPORT THE MANAGER, THE TEAM & THE BOARD and enjoy next season hopefuly without worrying about organising protests, winding up orders and a lying chairman

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:15 am

well said sack :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 am

sack wrote:Annis

its difficult to have a solid plan B when you have one of the smallest squads in the division whic I think is the reason DJ shows so much faith in certain players - he does not believe there is a better player so why upset him. we all know he has a ruthless streak (feeney, thomo, purse are a couple of examples) if he had the backing to build a decent sized squad then maybe a few of our first teamers would be in for a shock

The guy has his faults and its hard to argue against some of the points you make but on the other hand DJ has had to sell almost every one of his best players and wheel and deal to replace them every year, keep on going despite winding up order after winding up order, not be able to fill the bench on several occassions so to get us into a position where we have failed at the final hurdle is an achievment in itself.

I believe the guy deserves a season of something resembling financial stability and an agreed budget for the whole season (not the promise of £3m in jan then f**k all) to see what he can do.

DJ is staying PR is going, its not going to be all plain sailing but lets be honest we would have bitten hands off to be where we are now if offered 3 months ago

We are were we are _ LETS SUPPORT THE MANAGER, THE TEAM & THE BOARD and enjoy next season hopefuly without worrying about organising protests, winding up orders and a lying chairman

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post and much more eloquent than mine :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:19 am

Great post.

I think he deserves a chance, let's see what he can do with new players, options and a board that gives him the players he wants, if he gets all that and still fucks up then he'll have to go..... also didn't he give two of our young players contracts? Also he had to sell Ramsey...

One more chance I think IMO

Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 am

maybe CCFC cant afford to sack Jones anyway and besides he's never going to resign , so we are just going to have to get behind the team as we always do and just hope Jones can try to shake things up again in the coming season ? Lets have a plan B Jones and not complain that we only have 1 player ( Bothroyd ) to make plan A work ! Also the players need educating not to play the Bothroyd way when he aint on the pitch , great initials too ( JB ) :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am

How did Burnley and Blackpool have plan B's they spent quarter of what DJ Spent ?

I will always Support My Club and Team, but I am still allowed to say he is not the right manager IN MY OPINION.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 am

Martyn1963 wrote:maybe CCFC cant afford to sack Jones anyway and besides he's never going to resign , so we are just going to have to get behind the team as we always do and just hope Jones can try to shake things up again in the coming season ? Lets have a plan B Jones and not complain that we only have 1 player ( Bothroyd ) to make plan A work ! Also the players need educating not to play the Bothroyd way when he aint on the pitch , great initials too ( JB ) :ayatollah:

Martyn, Thats the main reason in my Opinion, £800,000 to sack him.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:34 am

to be fair Blackpool had Dobbie and Campbell on loan to back up Burgess , Omerod and Fletcher - Taylor plus in Adam they have a player who gives 100% every game and he only cost £500k ! :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 am

Martyn

I think we cant afford to sack jones for a different reason, from the new chairmans point of view

You have just bought a football club with a relativly small squad of players that has just finished 4th in very competative and unpredictable league, you want to improve on that but have inherited some financial restrictions so the only way to do it is to improve on the squad you have whilst retaining the core of players that were collectivly the 4th best set of players in the league. There are going to be bids for many players and a new manager would want to bring his own players in which prob mean selling to buy, changing the manager could potentialy see the squad being ripped apart and rebuilt and be ready by august to be capable of challenging for third place or higher - almost impossible.

The most realistic chance we have of keeping together the group of players that finished 4th in the championship and improving the squad is to show faith in the manager

Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 am

Sack, Its hard for me to have any faith in him, but I will Back Cardiff City ALL THE WAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 am

good point Sack and I suppose if we finished 4th and got to the play off final on a limited squad and NO plan B then that must bode some good , I just wish Jones HAS a plan B in him which I very much doubt . Thats the difference from being THE team as opposed to the NEARLY team ! :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 am

It's a tough one.

One the one hand, Saturday cruelly exposed all Jones' weaknesses. First, stubbornly sticking with Hudson. Then, when Jay came off and gave him the chance to match up with Blackpool, he stuck rigidly to his only tactic and brought Etuhu on as a straight replacement. Utter folly and lost us the game.

On the other hand, of the 45 years I've spent watching the City, the last 5 under Jones have been the most exciting and successful.

As for the Malyasians, I think the acid test if whether they try to keep this squad together. If we're looking to sign Howard, that's not a positive indication.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:

How did Burnley and Blackpool have plan B's they spent quarter of what DJ Spent ?

I will always Support My Club and Team, but I am still allowed to say he is not the right manager IN MY OPINION.

Annis

yes i agree burnley and blackpool spent a quarter of what DJ spent but how much were they forced to sell? i aint no stato but I think its fair to say we were forced to sell and replace where they choose to add to their squad more often than not because they are both well managed by their respective chairmen, look at the matchday programmes there are very few teams with less names assigned to squad numbers

I dont question your support and your entitled to your opinion like everybody else, I just think we should be greatful for what we have and get on with it, as you know things can change very quickly in football and if we dont perform then questions will be asked of DJ, but the guy has guided his team to a 4th place finish against the odds

we may not agree but we will both be there next season supporting our team :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:It's a tough one.

One the one hand, Saturday cruelly exposed all Jones' weaknesses. First, stubbornly sticking with Hudson. Then, when Jay came off and gave him the chance to match up with Blackpool, he stuck rigidly to his only tactic and brought Etuhu on as a straight replacement. Utter folly and lost us the game.

On the other hand, of the 45 years I've spent watching the City, the last 5 under Jones have been the most exciting and successful.

As for the Malyasians, I think the acid test if whether they try to keep this squad together. If we're looking to sign Howard, that's not a positive indication.

So if we had for example Howard on the bench on Sat do u think that DJ would have stuck with Etuhu ? :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

There are some great posts above both for and against Jones.

I'm not going to repeat any of them but just give a personal opinion of last Saturday. I was sat in Block 551 which looked directly down on the 2 technical areas.

Holloway kicked and tackled every ball with his players he was the 12th man and drove them onto their deserved success. In contrast Jones stood ridged as normal and made no effort to encourage his side even when the 4 mins of injury time went up and we were moments from missing out on £90m.

For me that is the missing link in his flawed management. Just from viewing his pitch side demeanour you can hazard a very good guess to how inspirational he is in the dressing room when compared directly with Holloway.

I wish he would go, but we are stuck with him for another 12 months (will ever end?) so we have to make the most of a bad job and get behind him, even though every sinew of my instinct tells me it’s a hopeless cause.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:12 am

Whatever everyone's views, the bottom line is he's staying and as fans it's our unconditional duty to get behind him and the team. I know that's easier for me to say as a Jones supporter but I feel we should just put our views to one side until things get bad.

We are still improving. It's a slow process but we're moving forward. For a club that has been staring extinction in the face for the last few years, that's not bad at all.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:20 am

Zabier wrote:Whatever everyone's views, the bottom line is he's staying and as fans it's our unconditional duty to get behind him and the team. I know that's easier for me to say as a Jones supporter but I feel we should just put our views to one side until things get bad.

We are still improving. It's a slow process but we're moving forward. For a club that has been staring extinction in the face for the last few years, that's not bad at all.

I agree and I will but I always question his mind to change a game ( plan B ) plus I dont like his laid back and un-motivational attitude towards defeat especially . How many times in post match interviews does he just shrug his shoulders and say stuff like " the lad made a mistake " or " we made too many mistakes " or " we didnt concentrate for 90 mins " or " we fell asleep " ?