Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdale's missing £500K ?

Wed May 26, 2010 6:12 am

Interesting story in the Guardian on line , link is below . Onwards and upwards CCFC :ayatollah:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... rdiff-city

Re: Ridsdale's missing £500K ?

Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 am

First of many to come I would think mate.

Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 am

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:First of many to come I would think mate.

Too right and I hope that the Police get involved coz it would make my day to see him get done for fraud and tax evasion !

Wed May 26, 2010 6:39 am

dapper is doing a dirt digging story as we speak '' a real explosive exclusive''

Wed May 26, 2010 6:42 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:

dapper is doing a dirt digging story as we speak '' a real explosive exclusive''

just hope the tw*t gets all he deserves ? About time too .

Wed May 26, 2010 6:42 am

Its nice to wake up to good news, and I have heard the thumb screws are being brought out for beginning of June.

Onwards and upwards.

Riddler Backwards and downwards
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 6:50 am

Cos WH Sports went into liquidation is he allowed to be a director of another company then ? :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 6:57 am

he's gonna be taken down!! :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 6:58 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Cos WH Sports went into liquidation is he allowed to be a director of another company then ? :ayatollah:

Technically Martyn WH Sports is a voluntary liquidation so it wouldn’t have an effect on any other directorships held by Ridsdale at present.

However, I believe that the liquidators have a responsibility to investigate the circumstances of all liquidations and you would think WH Sports has been flagged up as a little suspicious.

IMO Ridsdale’s only option is to pay off all debts in full, but even then I’m not sure he would be safe from further sanctions.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:16 am

I understand , so going off on a slight tangent regarding the consultancy fees Riddler invoiced from CCFC into WH Sports then apart from himself who else at CCFC sanctioned and approved this and who set the fees ?

Wed May 26, 2010 7:17 am

Tony

Have been told that sufficient monies to cover this debt is part of his severance pay.

So bloody wrong !!!

Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 am

quote of the century from ridsdale in this article

"Maybe it's an accounting thing – I've never been through this before."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 26, 2010 7:19 am

ridofrid wrote:Tony

Have been told that sufficient monies to cover this debt is part of his severance pay.

So bloody wrong !!!

In other words then a gentlemans agreement between fellow rich men to make sure that the rich stay rich and the poor just plod on working our 9 til 5 jobs ? Let Riddler have a taste of the real world !!!!

Wed May 26, 2010 9:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Cos WH Sports went into liquidation is he allowed to be a director of another company then ? :ayatollah:

Technically Martyn WH Sports is a voluntary liquidation so it wouldn’t have an effect on any other directorships held by Ridsdale at present.

However, I believe that the liquidators have a responsibility to investigate the circumstances of all liquidations and you would think WH Sports has been flagged up as a little suspicious.

IMO Ridsdale’s only option is to pay off all debts in full, but even then I’m not sure he would be safe from further sanctions.

Tony

All that "voluntary" means here is that the company wasn`t put into liquidation through the courts , but by a resolution of its shareholders with a liquidator being appointed by its creditors. The legal terminology is confusing as many people understandably think "voluntary" means "solvent" - WH Sports was (and remains) heavily insolvent , with far more liabilities than assets.

The liquidator will have , by no later than October last year (6 months after the date of liquidation) filed a report on the conduct of the WH Sports directors (in my experience of these things , it will have been a highly critical one) and it is then up to the government department involved (DBERR) to decide whether or not to prosecute and disqualify the directors from being directors or involved in the management of other companies in the future (can be for up to 15 years).DBERR have a max. of 2 years from the date of liquidation to take this action.

You make a good point that payment of the debts in full personally (and that would cost PR close to £500k with penalties , interest and costs added to the original debt) may not necessarily prevent a disqualification.

Sorry to be a bit technical in the response , but hope it clarifies the actual position a bit.

Keith

Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 am

this was actually revealed by News of the World last year