Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan - $$$ or £££ ?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:42 pm

So then: Is he worth 2 Billion dollars? or 2 Billion pounds sterling?

in America - one billion is equivalent to 1 million million [1,000,000,000,000]
BUT
in the UK one billion is equivalent to 1 thousand million [1,000,000,000]

How rich exactly is vincent tan?

when they show his wealth - they always seem to show the $ symbol?

does he have $2 Bazonga's or £2 Bazonga's ? because £2b is = to $2881429188.87 (usd)

and if thats the case - he has enough money to basically ......

Do what ever the f**k he likes! :D

Re: Vincent Tan - $$$ or £££ ?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I thought this post might have been a bit too technical for some of the Grade E students of the AAMB Forum! :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Merlin wrote:I thought this post might have been a bit too technical for some of the Grade E students of the AAMB Forum! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean but i have no idea of the answer

Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Cf39 wrote:
Merlin wrote:I thought this post might have been a bit too technical for some of the Grade E students of the AAMB Forum! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean but i have no idea of the answer

:lol: :lol: Baz the mathematician and understudy of Albert Einstein shall probably be along shortly to bring some sordid quotes along to the thread - to totally take it off the topic in hand - you just watch............................................................................................... :?:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm pretty sure a US Billion is the same number as a UK Billion.

It's short scale v long scale numbering or something. Quite a few European companies use the long scale, but US is the same as the UK.

$1billion is roughly £700million isn't it

Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm

he can buy a lot of ladyboys in thailand with that wonga :D

Tue May 25, 2010 9:06 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:he can buy a lot of ladyboys in thailand with that wonga :D

Told you! :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:06 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mate, I totally pissed my pants reading that.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Owain wrote:I'm pretty sure a US Billion is the same number as a UK Billion.

It's short scale v long scale numbering or something. Quite a few European companies use the long scale, but US is the same as the UK.

$1billion is roughly £700k isn't it

f**k ME! £700,000 we paid more than that for HUDSON!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Merlin wrote:

Sorry I was thinking millions lol.

700 million I meant :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Owain wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Sorry I was thinking millions lol.

700 million I meant :lol:

£700 million - f**k ME - Ridsdale took more than that in wages! :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm

my head is cooking with all these numbers, starting to sound like annis's wages :D

Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:my head is cooking with all these numbers, starting to sound like annis's wages :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Look out he's about! :old:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Its slightly more complicated than that as its not as if VT keeps all his hard earned in the bank. The OP was probably looking at something produced by "nosey bastards" which will be an assessment of his "net worth" which is generally asset based as this is easier to estimate. What VT's personal worth is anyones guess and will be spread around numerous currencies, he probably has several highly skiled people just looking after his bank accounts on a hourly/daily basis. For example your $1b = £700m would probably fluctuate on a minute by minute basis, one minute it could be £706 million, the next £698 million :shock: He is seriously, seriously wealthy but whether any of that will be invested in CCFC remains to be seen.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Its slightly more complicated than that as its not as if VT keeps all his hard earned in the bank. The OP was probably looking at something produced by "nosey bastards" which will be an assessment of his "net worth" which is generally asset based as this is easier to estimate. What VT's personal worth is anyones guess and will be spread around numerous currencies, he probably has several highly skiled people just looking after his bank accounts on a hourly/daily basis. For example your $1b = £700m would probably fluctuate on a minute by minute basis, one minute it could be £706 million, the next £698 million :shock: He is seriously, seriously wealthy but whether any of that will be invested in CCFC remains to be seen.

Yeah that was just an example

The question was, is $1bn: $1,000,000,000 or $1,000,000,000,000 ie £700m or £700bn!

In answer to the first question though,

in 2009 he was listed as being worth around $750m according to Forbes (around £500m) whereas this year it's meant to be more like $1.3bn (around £900m)

Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Owain wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:

Yeah that was just an example

The question was, is $1bn: $1,000,000,000 or $1,000,000,000,000 ie £700m or £700bn!

In answer to the first question though,

in 2009 he was listed as being worth around $750m according to Forbes (around £500m) whereas this year it's meant to be more like $1.3bn (around £900m)

So this year he made £400 Million I will be happy if he repeats that every year. :D

Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 pm

To put it in my best Caerphilly terms for you...... He's got tumps :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 pm

well all i know is that he drives a gold royals royce and looks like a gangster, so he must be minted :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 am

The Berjaya Group (which I assume we could be part of) has revenue of RM3b or £700,000 per year.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:20 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Berjaya Group (which I assume we could be part of) has revenue of RM3b or £700,000 per year.

That's it? 200 companies and that's all ??

Wed May 26, 2010 8:48 am

According to Wikipedia hes already a major investor in CCFC :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:54 am

tomCCFC wrote:According to Wikipedia hes already a major investor in CCFC :ayatollah:

Wikipedia is shit...

Wed May 26, 2010 8:56 am

Your the nerd, so if you say so, ill believe you mate :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The Berjaya Group (which I assume we could be part of) has revenue of RM3b or £700,000 per year.

RM 3bn would be around 650/700 million GBP