Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MORE GOOD NEWS

Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Zabier wrote:If you're serious about Steve Howard that's f*cking awesome. The exact sort of player we want! It obviously paves the way for Bothroyd's departure but if it means we get Howard that's a massive sweetener.

sorry but in my opinion that is a ludicrous statement to make

howard is great backup for the last 10 minutes or if jay's injured but he is a good few levels below bothroyd in terms of ability

it's a good move but if it does pave the way for bothroyd to leave it's a huge step back for the club

Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Jesus guys get a grip. Howard might have won a ton of headers against us but other than that he is shit, fat, slow and old. I agree that he could be a 15 mins impact player if we're chasing the game, but he's hardly the f*cking answer to our no backup to Jay problem. and if he were a replacement for Jay, well that is just ridiculous.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Parkin from Preston would be better than Howard. :old:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:City have made a their first moves in the transfer market today and have lodged a bid for a new player.

I believe the player is Steven Howard from Leicester.

Also, as well as Steve Borely, TG also spoke with Joe Ledley and offered to make him the biggest earner in City's history if he stays with us.

DJ tried to get Howard a few seasons ago.

StT.

Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm

He would be the Plan B that DJ never really had this season.

Okay, Howard is getting on a bit in football terms but for cover would be awesome :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:08 pm

He's 34, way too old.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:26 am

a 34 year old thug

No thanks - Leicester supporters don't rate him at all

Please NO

Wed May 26, 2010 6:57 am

Can't get excited by this news at all.

It seems we are carrying on a tradition of buying players mainly on the basis of how well they've played against us and with the best will in the world we can't say that Gavin Gordon, Richard Langley, Alan Lee or Solomon Taiwo have been a great success.

As a back up impact player he may be of some use and would have been ideal to bring on for Jay last Saturday but no way should we looking to a 34 year old as the focal point of our attack next season.

Wed May 26, 2010 7:02 am

older fans will remember Phil Stant and Bob Hatton as older players doing a job , younger fans just remember Robbie Fowler , JFH and Sinclair ! Id rather have Howard as back up to Bothroyd than the current option ! :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 7:21 am

Lou Vogel wrote:we are still under an emabrgo, so until that is paid off, no one is coming in. i suspect it wil be paid off within the next few weeks tho!

the transfer window does not officialy open until July 1st (i think) so the deal would ne agreed and all paper work / monies sorted then, by whih time we will have either settled our debts or looking forward to watching our local welsh league team

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 am

veryoldbluebird wrote:Parkin from Preston would be better than Howard. :old:

Don't you mean better at eating pies than Howard!!!!

Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 am

During the play off second leg whilst he was waiting to throw the ball back to us , I spoke to him from my second row seat and Said FFS COME and play for us. he laughed and had a huge grin on his face so who knows?
He definately would be a great signing in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: