Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MORE GOOD NEWS

Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 pm

City have made a their first moves in the transfer market today and have lodged a bid for a new player.

I believe the player is Steven Howard from Leicester.

Also, as well as Steve Borely, TG also spoke with Joe Ledley and offered to make him the biggest earner in City's history if he stays with us.

Re: MORE GOOD NEWS

Tue May 25, 2010 7:58 pm

If you're serious about Steve Howard that's f*cking awesome. The exact sort of player we want! It obviously paves the way for Bothroyd's departure but if it means we get Howard that's a massive sweetener.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm

have we got any money then??? and are we still not under a embargo???

we need answers ;)

Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Lol, we're luring Howard here with sweets and hypnosis!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Are we still under an Transfer Embargo?

If not this is great news. Highly rate Howard as he knows the game inside out and knows how to get goals for the team. Showed how good he was when he played against us this season. In all 4 matches he played against us, he gave our Defenders a torrid time, and scored in each of them.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:03 pm

The day after the leciester game I watched it again on my sky plus in the aftermath DJ consoled Howard, they seemed to know each other :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Zabier wrote:If you're serious about Steve Howard that's f*cking awesome. The exact sort of player we want! It obviously paves the way for Bothroyd's departure but if it means we get Howard that's a massive sweetener.

Not so sure, Howard isn't anywhere near the threat Jay is.

He played well against us in the play-offs, jumping against Blake. Disappeared later in the game.

He also did well for 20 minues when we were limping in the league game.

Great COVER for Jay, and an option I would have loved to have had last week, but absolutely no replacement.

Also he's near the end of his career, i hope we arent going to pay stupid money for him.

Why would he leave Leicester anyway ??

Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

he was brilliant against us :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Have they worked together in the past in any capacity? Or just played against each other loads?

Lawnmower, personally I think he's a different kind of threat. I think even though he's not individually as good as Jay he can add more to the team effort. I'm not sure if others agree or disagree?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Zabier wrote:If you're serious about Steve Howard that's f*cking awesome. The exact sort of player we want! It obviously paves the way for Bothroyd's departure but if it means we get Howard that's a massive sweetener.

not necessarily so ...I believe Saturday opened a few peoples eyes to our potetial

Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Sticky, do you reckon we could keep all our players and add to them then?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Zabier wrote:Have they worked together in the past in any capacity? Or just played against each other loads?

Lawnmower, personally I think he's a different kind of threat. I think even though he's not individually as good as Jay he can add more to the team effort. I'm not sure if others agree or disagree?

I agree he is different. Jay has skill and pace, wheras Howard is far more aggressive and is mainly a threat in the air.

My point is, I would love to see him here, its just the type of option we are missing, but not as a replacement for Jay, and not at any cost.

I guess I just don't want Bothroyd to go. :(

Tue May 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I would love Howard to come here, I think we would see the best of Chops with a big man like him flicking the ball on :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

I've liked Howard for some time and dj tried to sign him for Luton, not a jay replacement but great comp and back up.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Zabier wrote:Have they worked together in the past in any capacity? Or just played against each other loads?

I agree he is different. Jay has skill and pace, wheras Howard is far more aggressive and is mainly a threat in the air.

My point is, I would love to see him here, its just the type of option we are missing, but not as a replacement for Jay, and not at any cost.

I guess I just don't want Bothroyd to go. :(

I'm with you there Lawnmower. Let's hope Sticky is right about him being here as well as Bothroyd. If we kept Bothroyd, Chopra and Jay I firmly believe we'll go up automatically next season.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Great news, looks like they are making moves for Jones's targets straight away.

I agree great cover for Jay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Zabier wrote:Sticky, do you reckon we could keep all our players and add to them then?

yes except Joe.although the city are making extreme efforts to keep him.
DJ makes wish lists ,we know that as 1 one was found when ninian was demolished.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 pm

My personal opinion is that Steve Howard would be a good adition to the club. He's an impact 2nd half sub for me. Strong, and clever, but nowhere near as fast and as technical as Bothroyd - So we'd still need a replacement for Jay (a fast target man) some one like Harewood or Marcus Bent? But i'll still be gutted if Jay goes, he has been nothing short of top draw for us this season!

Oh, and he was kissing the badge recently and calling himself a Cardiff boy now! Hmmmm.... I hope DJ JB can resolve any differences if there are any? or if this is really the reason?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

we never had a plan B for Jay all season, Howard would be a great option, at 33 he wont expect to start every game and Jay sometimes needs to be looking over his shoulder and seeing a bit of competition

Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Too old

Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

we are still under an emabrgo, so until that is paid off, no one is coming in. i suspect it wil be paid off within the next few weeks tho!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:we are still under an emabrgo, so until that is paid off, no one is coming in. i suspect it wil be paid off within the next few weeks tho!

I heard the agreement with the HMRC and CCFC is in place? not saying where that come from, but the embargo should be lifted alot sooner than just a few weeks! Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

For f**k sake, this means Jay Bothroyd is going then? :evil:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:For f**k sake, this means Jay Bothroyd is going then? :evil:

Shouldn't think so, seeing as Brum were after him and they've bought that Valencia target man today.

Howards getting on abit, but he was quality TWICE against us and his goal scoring record is impressive.
He can't be anything more than cover for Jay, as i can't see Howard playing a full season if Jay is sold.

I'm chuffed to beans City are making a move.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Can Cardiff still sell players under an embargo - or not trade any way what-so-ever in the transfer market?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I would be gutted if we sold Bothroyd as he is a Fantastic player, steven Howard would be a good back up for Super Jay Bothroyd!

Jay Bothroyd is a class act!

:ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 pm

At 34 Steve Howard is too old and over weight.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Just got home from work and read this mb

f*cking hell its cheered me up. I cant wait until next season now

I can feel it in my fingers and toes this is our yearrrrr

Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 pm

BlueView wrote:At 34 Steve Howard is too old and over weight.

was MOM in the semi against us though

Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Howard?

Put him up against big strong defenders who can play a bit and arent intimidated
and he's half the player. Gerrard will have him for dinner once he gets a bit more
experience. Too old too slow. He looked good against our defence cos our defence
can be bullied!!!

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER WE NEED - WHERES GARY O NEILL THESE DAYS???