Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting statements on Official Site

Tue May 25, 2010 6:18 pm

see here...

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 56,00.html

Seems Dave Jones has presented some proposals to club representatives (it doesn't say who they are though) which were accepted by all. Then goes on to say "As a result dealings will now take place with the aim of producing a squad that will see Cardiff City Football club again challange for promotion next season"

Does this mean that Dave Jones has handed a wish list of players he'd like to have and the "club representatives" have given him the nod? If so then that really is good news...

The retained list is also there although pretty much as Carl said earlier this week, Enckleman has gone though which I hadn't seen on here, Feeney, Capaldi, Magennis and Aaron Morris are the others with Smicea retireing. Commingues six months to prove his fitness while Jon Meades and Jordan Santiago offered pro contracts

Re: Interesting statements on Official Site

Tue May 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:see here...

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 56,00.html

Seems Dave Jones has presented some proposals to club representatives (it doesn't say who they are though) which were accepted by all. Then goes on to say "As a result dealings will now take place with the aim of producing a squad that will see Cardiff City Football club again challange for promotion next season"

Does this mean that Dave Jones has handed a wish list of players he'd like to have and the "club representatives" have given him the nod? If so then that really is good news...

The retained list is also there although pretty much as Carl said earlier this week, Enckleman has gone though which I hadn't seen on here, Feeney, Capaldi, Magennis and Aaron Morris are the others with Smicea retireing. Commingues six months to prove his fitness while Jon Meades and Jordan Santiago offered pro contracts

I really hope that is what it means, but as we know it could mean several things.

One is selling all those he may have fallen out with (Bothyrod, Gerrard) and those whose contract has 1 year left (Whittingham) and the proceeds used for cost cutting?

Tue May 25, 2010 6:31 pm

interesting statement i've got a feeling the malaysians are going to have a real go at getting promotion without spending silly money but trying to hang on to our best players and strengthening wisely ,fingers crossed anyway :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 6:42 pm

With those players moving on, it frees up a bit of the wagebill and hopefully we can bring in a bit of decent quality.

As always there will be decent players out of contract and being released.

THe statement certainly suggests that we're going to have another go at it - but I hope we aren't going to throw millions chasing the dream and becoming the next Leeds or Bradford.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Sounds promising.

I think we've got to accept some players are going to leave, but if their fees are used wisely and big earners who were out of the 1st team and have now left are replaced by better then we can have a REAL crack at it next year.

looking at the division next year there will be 20 sides fancying their chances and WE will be seen as one of the big sides now.

Quite exciting really. :ayatollah: