Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How much should our wagebill be next season?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm

I am sure, following Blackpools achievements this season, and the level of their wagebill being one of the lowest in the Championship, many clubs will look at the seasiders business model in the hope that the days of massive basic salaries being reduced accross the board.

I think that The club should be looking at a realistic gross salary cost of £500,000 per month.

what do you think would be realistic ?

Re: How much should our wagebill be next season?

Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Errm, lulwut?

500k a month = 6 million a season.

Meaning we've have what, halved our wage bill.

Not reasonable at all. it needs to lower over time, I'd like to see wage bill 70% of our income, which obviously is flexible limit.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Aberdeen are said to have £10k a week for new players, no wonder Scottish football is shit!

Tue May 25, 2010 5:52 pm

nerd wrote:Errm, lulwut?

500k a month = 6 million a season.

Meaning we've have what, halved our wage bill.

Not reasonable at all. it needs to lower over time, I'd like to see wage bill 70% of our income, which obviously is flexible limit.

I did say "basic" wagebill. This season we have reserves on 8 k per week, certain players on 1k per goal , massive overstaffing throughout the company etc etc etc .

Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Exactly - to cut to the level you suggest means a significant amount of the playing squad going, which will mean relegation.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

nerd wrote:Exactly - to cut to the level you suggest means a significant amount of the playing squad going, which will mean relegation.

I see your point, Nerd. Perhaps thats a little too drastic and what you are saying is more realistic.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Joff wrote:I am sure, following Blackpools achievements this season, and the level of their wagebill being one of the lowest in the Championship, many clubs will look at the seasiders business model in the hope that the days of massive basic salaries being reduced accross the board.

I think that The club should be looking at a realistic gross salary cost of £500,000 per month.

what do you think would be realistic ?

Nerd said 70% of income. At a guess our income is around £18m which would give us a figure of £12.6m roughly where it is now.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I know how we could save £800k a year