Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky sports - Breaking news - Dave Jones

Tue May 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Dave Jones to remain manager of Cardiff City after talks with the club today.

Re: Sky sports - Breaking news - Dave Jones

Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank God :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Expected.

Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm

I've been thinking about it, and maybe a few of my digs at Jones were fuelled by recent emotions of the weekend! But logically, he is still our best option - he did what he did with f**k all, and with Peter lying c**t ridsdale at the summit of the club. Hopefully now, with the right backing - we can go from strength to strength and improve again...... :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 3:58 pm

great news, a couple of our best players will be leaving like Ledley and Whittingham but if we can keep most of this team and sign 5 or 6 players we will win automatic promotion no problem!!

Tue May 25, 2010 4:02 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:great news, a couple of our best players will be leaving like Ledley and Whittingham but if we can keep most of this team and sign 5 or 6 players we will win automatic promotion no problem!!

Lets take one step at a time. After Thursday, we need to sort Joe's contract out! :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 pm

If Ledley stays I'll be really optimistic because it'll show how much faith he has in the future here. Keeping Jones was key in my eyes though.

Tue May 25, 2010 4:12 pm

good news

Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

It would not have been my choice to keep him, however the board has backed him and I feel it's our responsibility as fans to get off his back and support the man in his choices. Reading between the lines on all the reports in the media it seems likely that the Malaysians will support him in the transfer market so that we can sustain a challenge for promotion next season. The job is now in his hands and he has to get it right next season. Let's have no more sniping and backstabbing of our manager and let him get on with it and wish him and the club every success for next season. Just get away and enjoy your holidays Dave and all the players because next season is the big one!!!

Tue May 25, 2010 4:35 pm

great news stability is needed at this moment in time with the malaysians coming on board and everthing jones is our best chance of keeping our top players :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Good news for the stabilty of the club.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm

GREAT NEWS

Tue May 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:Does that mean Jay will go now after their bust-up..?

It was only words - and all forgotten about now..... emotions running high again!

lets get on with supporting Jones and the boys - roll on August!! :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 5:36 pm

made my day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Merlin wrote:Dave Jones to remain manager of Cardiff City after talks with the club today.

That must only mean our squad will stick together !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 5:50 pm

brilliant. this is he last chance though i feel!

Tue May 25, 2010 6:07 pm

I personally think it is a good announcement, I do not think Dave Jones would have stayed if he thought he could not keep HIS squad together, which includes Jay,Chops, Whitts and Joe or at least to have money to replace them, if they decide to go, he must know what it will take to keep them,the club now needs needs stability, the new chief executive is new to football, so is TG Dave Jones is the only one who could give us this. :D :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 6:15 pm

excellent news

Tue May 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Great news go on dave take us to the prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah: go get koumas