Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Feeney bashing on CCMB shocker.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:Maybe if we were running a competative reserve side the players would improve (those not getting first team action) Will we be running a reserve team this coming season?

ANYBODY??? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:26 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:Maybe if we were running a competative reserve side the players would improve (those not getting first team action) Will we be running a reserve team this coming season?

need to keep enough players first :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 am

milly44 wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:

need to keep enough players first :lol:

To true mate :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:31 am

Since feeney is allegedly so bad, as claimed on CCMB and elsewhere... why was he blocked from leaving in January?

Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 pm

I think he showed he was a real worker against was it leciester ?...where we were down to ten men ?......but he wasnt good enough

will deffo make the grade in league one but doesnt have enough pace for the championship

Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes it was Sludge against Leicester. He played up front with Chopra and you could see the speed differential.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Ben wrote:I dont give a f**k! :lol: i dont cry , hide behind a keyboard attacking fellow city fans! just english and jacks :lol:

Llanishen - where dave lives mmmmmmmmm

Ben,

are you suggesting your behave in person is like your internet behavior. Thats frightening, perhaps you should get help.

Tue May 25, 2010 2:00 pm

stickywicket wrote:I said on there Warren was a better bet for replacing JB.Afterall hes has had some decent games for Ireland.

I know some on here are friendly with Feeney and He is properly a top bloke but he is not a top footballer. He's average at best, a move elsewhere would be good for us and him

Tue May 25, 2010 2:41 pm

nerd wrote:Since feeney is allegedly so bad, as claimed on CCMB and elsewhere... why was he blocked from leaving in January?

I think the phrase 'some legs are better than none!' might be used here. I wanted Feeney to be successful. He has his heart in the right place and he was committed to the cause. However, let's just move on. When all is said and done it won't matter because this club is going to a much higher standard than Feeney, Hudson et al will ever achieve. So all this moaning with each other about whether they're good enough or not is pointless.

Tue May 25, 2010 2:46 pm

he was a bad signing

not his fault he wasnt up to it , but in retrospect , a bad signing

jones gets most things right , he didnt on this one

I personally wish feeney well

Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Llanishen wrote:
Ben wrote:I dont give a f**k! :lol: i dont cry , hide behind a keyboard attacking fellow city fans! just english and jacks :lol:

Llanishen - where dave lives mmmmmmmmm

Ben,

are you suggesting your behave in person is like your internet behavior. Thats frightening, perhaps you should get help.

wether he gets help or not , he should be banned for what he said the other night

simple as that

Tue May 25, 2010 2:55 pm

nerd wrote:Since feeney is allegedly so bad, as claimed on CCMB and elsewhere... why was he blocked from leaving in January?

we had very few fit players

Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

True you cant judge a player on 7 games but I am sure he is no Chopra or Ross that will start ahead of him. Ive heard hes a decent bloke so hopefully will find a team in league 1 where he should score goals and maybe prove DJ wrong but I dont see it however you never know. Good Luck Warren

But I do think he has been DJ's worst signing. :oops:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Best thing Feeney can do if prove his worth at another club. Its a shame he's never been given a chance here. It's not worth keeping him because he will never feature in DJs plans.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I am one of the few posters on here who is glad Feeney DID NOT have a run in the first team?

While at Luton he was playing at Championship level for almost 2 seasons.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd

His record reads 45 starts, 32 sub appearances and 8 (EIGHT) goals. That is 1 goal in every 5 games. I was suprised we took him on loan given his appalling goalscoring record but appreciated we needed bodies at the time. I was therefore absolutely astounded that we then signed him on a 3 year contract.

Feeney will never be a Championship level player as long as i have a hole in my arse. This has been shown by his terrible record while at Luton. He is now 29 and should be able to carve out a career at League 1 level (where he has scored goals before). The lack of Championship interest shown in the lad, considering he is out of contract, is also pretty damning.

Just my opinion, but he is nowhere near the level of Chops, Jay and Ross; his previous goal record reflects this.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:57 pm

loosecannon wrote:I am one of the few posters on here who is glad Feeney DID NOT have a run in the first team?

While at Luton he was playing at Championship level for almost 2 seasons.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd

His record reads 45 starts, 32 sub appearances and 8 (EIGHT) goals. That is 1 goal in every 5 games. I was suprised we took him on loan given his appalling goalscoring record but appreciated we needed bodies at the time. I was therefore absolutely astounded that we then signed him on a 3 year contract.

Feeney will never be a Championship level player as long as i have a hole in my arse. This has been shown by his terrible record while at Luton. He is now 29 and should be able to carve out a career at League 1 level (where he has scored goals before). The lack of Championship interest shown in the lad, considering he is out of contract, is also pretty damning.

Just my opinion, but he is nowhere near the level of Chops, Jay and Ross; his previous goal record reflects this.

Pretty much agree with this and have thought before that he would do very well at Div 1. I know people's arguments about not been given much game time but even when he has played he has not shown much that would give a glimpse of being good enough. However I respect the effort he has put in whenever he has played and for that he should be wished well and given a good reception if he comes back to play against us. I remember him being booed by our lot and thought that was shameful, he did not deserve that, and I would certainly hope that he would not experience that again. All in all, a seemingly good lad, a hard worker, but ultimately not quite the level we need.

All the best Warren I hope your next move is a successful one for you.

Wed May 26, 2010 1:12 pm

totally unwarranted as Feeney is a smashing lad
it's not worked out for him here but he doesn't deserve to be ripped to shreds like that

good luck Warren with your next move

Wed May 26, 2010 4:16 pm

byron moreno wrote:totally unwarranted as Feeney is a smashing lad
it's not worked out for him here but he doesn't deserve to be ripped to shreds like that

good luck Warren with your next move

I AM STUNNED BY CARDIFF CITY FANS TOWARDS ONE OF OUR PLAYERS WHO DID NOTHING WRONG.