Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ledley

Tue May 25, 2010 8:02 am

Again linked with Rangers in today's Scottish Sun, but the story goes onto say we rejected an £8.2 million bid from Wigan in January :lol:

I'd have drove down, dropped him off, signed his contract, tucked him into bed and drove home again for that!

Re: Joe Ledley

Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 am

If he goes to the SPL then we dont get a penny out of it , so come on Joe if your going then at least PUT something back into CCFC the club that made u the player you now THINK you are ! :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 am

why would ledley go to rangers? scottish football is shit and he will not improve as a player in that standard of football

Tue May 25, 2010 8:56 am

evans wrote:why would ledley go to rangers? scottish football is shit and he will not improve as a player in that standard of football

£25k a week and all the breezers he can drink :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

let the arrogant c**t go i say, thinks he's somthing he's not!

then watch him fade into nothing, bye bye

Tue May 25, 2010 11:05 am

ben you can be a right tit on times.joe is loyal and hes a quality player ffs

Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am

Yeah, Joe has been quality since his hip op and he was before he got the injury. I think he's our best Welsh midfielder right now after Ramsey and one of the best since the early 90s. He always rises to the big occasion and is a big game player. He might have been average in general on Saturday but he still scored and played a big role in creating a few clear cut opportunities. He's worth £5m in my eyes and anyone who snaps him up on a free has a bargain.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:15 am

Why couldn't he just have signed a deal and made the club some money?

A few players up here have done that and donated signing on fees to the youth setup and other sorts of things like that.

No-one really grudges Joe a move(i don't think?) but it's the way it's happening that gets a lot folk down.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 am

We don't know the ins and outs of the contract. Ridsdale kept claiming it was a reasonable offer but we all know about him and his words. Joe has always insisted it's not been a good enough offer. If it's between Joe and Ridsdale, I know who I would rather believe. Even Jones agreed Joe as right not to sign that contract offer and he wants the player to stay!

Tue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

from what i understand, joe was treated like absulute shit by the riddler over his contract, and refused to sign until either the riddler left or the clubs future was clear :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 am

I'm sure it was very reasonable compared to anything us mere mortals are on!!!

Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am

PtB wrote:I'm sure it was very reasonable compared to anything us mere mortals are on!!!

true :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:30 am

Riddler said up at the Brunswick last Sept that he's offered Ledley at least double his wages at the time plus a get out clause that he could leave to a Prem Club if we failed to get promotion , more Rid-lies then or is Ledley just being a tw*t ??? :ayatollah:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:31 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Riddler said up at the Brunswick last Sept that he's offered Ledley at least double his wages at the time plus a get out clause that he could leave to a Prem Club if we failed to get promotion , more Rid-lies then or is Ledley just being a tw*t ??? :ayatollah:

riddler also said at the muni, that joe was playing like he was on another planet. more good work from our cuntish chairman

Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 am

milly44 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Riddler said up at the Brunswick last Sept that he's offered Ledley at least double his wages at the time plus a get out clause that he could leave to a Prem Club if we failed to get promotion , more Rid-lies then or is Ledley just being a tw*t ??? :ayatollah:

riddler also said at the muni, that joe was playing like he was on another planet. more good work from our cuntish chairman

:lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:36 am

defo time and a place for dirty washing :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 11:48 am

milly44 wrote:

I remember that line at the Muni Club and looking back now at what Riddler said fills me with absolute disgust.

He said "Joe Ledley is already playing as though he was somewhere else" in a direct ploy to curry favour with fans who were upset at his form and reluctance to sign a new deal.

What Ridsdale omitted to tell us was Joe needed surgery on both hips and was playing through the pain barrier to help out whilst McPhail was recovering from his cancer scare.

The cynicism is breathtaking it just highlights how far he will go to use deception to further his own interests.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I remember that line at the Muni Club and looking back now at what Riddler said fills me with absolute disgust.

He said "Joe Ledley is already playing as though he was somewhere else" in a direct ploy to curry favour with fans who were upset at his form and reluctance to sign a new deal.

What Ridsdale omitted to tell us was Joe needed surgery on both hips and was playing through the pain barrier to help out whilst McPhail was recovering from his cancer scare.

The cynicism is breathtaking it just highlights how far he will go to use deception to further his own interests.

totally agree tony. :ayatollah:
i remeber thinking at the time that its not the sort of thing a chairman should be saying, and was a desperate attempt along with other things said to build a relationship with the fans

Tue May 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I dont think it will happen, its not a secret that Ledley wants Premiership football.
But if Ledley does leave City I would like him to go to Rangers and Edu the septic slayer to Cardiff in some sort of a swap

Tue May 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I dont think it will happen, its not a secret that Ledley wants Premiership football.
But if Ledley does leave City I would like him to go to Rangers and Edu the septic slayer to Cardiff in some sort of a swap

Shut up you little Englander :lol: :P

Tue May 25, 2010 1:29 pm

milly44 wrote:from what i understand, joe was treated like absulute shit by the riddler over his contract, and refused to sign until either the riddler left or the clubs future was clear :ayatollah:

From what I understand Joe's Agent has said that he was never offered a contract after Joe said he wanted Premiership football. Whats wrong with players having desires and aspiriations. Thats where all players want to be. I hope Joe stays, he is currently a quality championship midfielder, he's loyal, and comes up with the good when we need him to. Ben your comment is out of order mate, maybe you should direct that towards some of the players in the squad who simply look like they dont give a f**k, when they play. At Wembley, Chops & Joe were the only two players who really put in a decent shift. Whittingham was next - but by a distant mile!

My only problem with the RUMOURS of selling our players, is that it means we have to replace them with quality players to stand any chance of going strong again next season, If we replace them with lower league players, or dont replace them at all we will be a mid table team at best..... I can't honestly see that happening though, and will assume for now we wont lose too many of our 1st team players.

Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

PtB wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:I dont think it will happen, its not a secret that Ledley wants Premiership football.

Shut up you little Englander :lol: :P

:lol: :lol: