Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought things were supposed to get better

Mon May 24, 2010 11:27 am

with the Malaysians taking over. But at the momment all it seems like is were selling our best players.

We've already released a handful taking our squad below 15 and if we sell whitts, chops and bothroyd wheres that gonna leave us. We must obviously bring players in too improve on this season.

Yeovil here we come.

Re: I thought things were supposed to get better

Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 am

No owner is gonig to sink every single penny they have into the club.

The club has to be self supporting long term - that means keep wages less than income to make the club sustainable.

Ridders gave out high salaries. We can't keep the entire squad on those wages. So yeah, that means players will go, replacements come in on lower wages.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:30 am

10 years of gambling is now coming back to bite us and the Malaysians are dealing with it. I am glad they're selling the players and facing up to it rather than ignoring it. I feel more secure with these guys in charge for sure.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:31 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:with the Malaysians taking over. But at the momment all it seems like is were selling our best players.

We've already released a handful taking our squad below 15 and if we sell whitts, chops and bothroyd wheres that gonna leave us. We must obviously bring players in too improve on this season.

Yeovil here we come.

Id rather be playing Yeovil than having NO team to watch at all ! :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 am

I think its going to be a case of one step back, to go two steps forward. The club will have to work to a robust business plan with tight financial budgets, not the Monopoly game that PR played. What would you rather?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 am

Losing Boothroyd and Chopra wouldn`t worry me, they are not consistant enough for my liking.

Replace em with some young players with potential and some fire in their belly, and we`ll be better off.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:38 am

its going to hurt see some of our best players go but if thats what it takes to secure our future so be it