Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

surley this is positive news ?

Mon May 24, 2010 6:38 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26501377/

I would much prefer a more prudent board at the helm of our club and the cost cutting Annis has talked about is absotutley vital.
Lets be honest, certain people down the club are picking up silly wages for doing not that much and whilst others work damn hard for the same or less money.

If it was me I would cut costs on the following:-

Reduce the level of match day Police for most home matches.
Cut down on the number of stewards in and around the stadium.
Try to buy back the compass catering / events contract.
Ensure the club shop is staffed to the correct levels dependant on busy periods.
Ask the playing staff to take a 20% reduction of basic wages, but perhaps increase win bonuses?

I am sure other people can think of other cost saving measures?

Re: surley this is positive news ?

Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 am

i agree with most things you have said but why buy back the catering contract
i think it was good business to sell it off you have greggs subway asda now macdonalds right
on the door step all cheaper fans are now buying b4 they get in the ground rather than pay
football stadium prices

Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am

sleepers wrote:i agree with most things you have said but why buy back the catering contract
i think it was good business to sell it off you have greggs subway asda now macdonalds right
on the door step all cheaper fans are now buying b4 they get in the ground rather than pay
football stadium prices

Fair comment.

£2.15 for FOUR sausage rolls, or £72.50 for a burger..... :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 12:13 pm

i would buy the catering contract back, purley and simply because it gives the club cashflow on every home match.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:35 pm

sleepers wrote:i agree with most things you have said but why buy back the catering contract
football stadium prices

But it's not just the match day events which are being milked by Compass. They are making huge amounts of money from conference facilities and corporate events held at CCS 7 days a week.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

The shop should have 1 "independent" manager overseeing all sales for both rugby and football merchandise working daily -in addition during the week a skeleton staff of about 3.

On occasions E.g. match day - hire staff on a basic wage - similar to a steward that works every game so they know prices and how things work and to work say 2 hours before a game and 2 hours after a game and they get to view the game for free - better than agency staff
(BUT at a push just extra agency workers to cover busy periods).