Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cost cutting

Sun May 23, 2010 6:42 pm

so rumours abound of masive cost cutting.
dj quote on ic wales says he knows nothing about this.
dato friday night said he wants the club to be top five prem.
tan says he still wants success.
we cannot compete with a massive cost cutting exercise.
yes players go, they have done and will continue to do so, but we really need to strentghen in midfield and up front.
we wont do that with free transfers, or if we do it will be bosmans who command large wages.
chicken and egg spring to mind.
we need to be succesful to keep crowds at 20,000 otherwise a relegation season and we all know how quickly our support will fall away.
perhaps we will soon see some movement son as other clubs have already started their transfer business.

Re: cost cutting

Sun May 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Up front we are one of the best in the Championship but sure we could do with better cover.

It's defence we need to strengthen the most we leak goal after goal.

Midfield also we need a couple Charlie Adam, or a Kevin Nolan, or a Ritchie Wellens type players........

Sun May 23, 2010 7:42 pm

The way I look it is this, if Blackpool on crowds of 8/9,000 can produce a promotion winning team without incurring massive debt, then why can't we do the same with 20,000 crowds and a billionaire owner?

On the issue of costing cutting we need to first know what is the debt owed? I have seen everything from £15-40m quoted.

I assume much of that is owed to Langston/PMG which at least doesn't need to be paid back all in one go and can be paid with installments.

There is of course the 'Ridsdale legacy' which is the lucrative playing contracts, money owed on the stadium (Shine/Vale Builders etc), Feynoord for Loovens, the outstanding £2m tax and all the stuff we don't know yet.

Once we know the full scale of what is owed and what needs to be paid, then we might start to understand how much cost cutting needs to be done and just what the challenge ahead is.

Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 pm

cost cutting....
a good start would be dave jones and the riddler sharing the same taxi out of hear tomorrow morning :lol: