Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cheggers tours - FUNNY!!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 1:08 pm

This is a long post but read it, its comedy gold.
Anyone on coach number one will never forget the experiance we had.

Set off from Merthyr at 7am, got to ponty to pick up 5 people only 1 shows! :shock:
The when we get to friendly hotel (I think) the driver parks on a hill and it took many attempts to get back up there. Que Cheggers starting to sing WEMBLEY WEMBLEY!
Reading services!!!!!!!! This was where Cheggers coach 1 and 2 where supposed to meet. But somehow between a Polish woman area manager, some tosser in a suit and a crazy bus driver, we ended up in the car park not the coach park. The way out had a height restriction but the driver hits the lampost and cracks the windscreen. He then reverses into a masive rock causing a great big dent and several scratches. The driver was then going nuts telling anyone who was having a go at him "he will make them f****** walk!". He then wanted us to tell his boss the windscreen was caused by Blackpool fans.
Many wrong turns later the driver decides to tell us he doesnt know where hes going and asks does anyone have a satnav!
When we finally get to Ruislip we all without a second thought get off the bus and start walking towards the pub which we did not have a clue know the location of it..
Most people split up and it ended up being a group of about 7 of us including cheggers walking for just over half hour in the unbelievable heat looking for the pub which we still didnt know where it was... THEN what happens.. our dilluded driver drives past us and offers us a lift. We ask this local who gives us perfect directions and when we get to a BP garage the driver says "I know where I am now, I got a tomtom in the house I never use it". Que shouting at him.

We finally get to the Middlesex Arms at about 1pm (6 hours after we left Merthyr). When we get there Annis tells me that hes been there since 10 am and there bus is lovley. He then proceeds to laugh when I tell him about our eventful journey. Cheers :lol:
Then we have a drink, watch the game etc...... And when we get on the bus at 8pm to go home, the door has no glass init and is covered in plastic, the driver told us that he opened the door and another bus hit it causing it too smash :lol:

What a great journey home, we made it to Merthyr bus station at approx 1.30am after roughly another 5 hours on the bus.

Chant of the day is a toss up between "sacked in the morning" or "Eventually, Eventually, were the famous Cardiff City and we'll get there eventually!"

So to everyone on coach number one.. I salute you all for not kicking shit into the driver! :ayatollah:

Re: Cheggers tours - FUNNY!!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Reading that is helping me recover. I feel sorry for you all , but can't stop laughing about your day out !!!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Fish, mate.

You forgot to mention the naked guy running around the service station.

:lol:

Sun May 23, 2010 2:17 pm

kipper great tale mate
i was in the garden with annis when cheggs called through saying you lot were walking in, we were rocking.

nice to see you still smiling as you waved us off last night mate, our bus was great singing all the way up and home. :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 2:31 pm

baker wrote:Fish, mate.

oh yeah :lol:

The Premier 1 wrote:kipper great tale mate
i was in the garden with annis when cheggs called through saying you lot were walking in, we were rocking.

nice to see you still smiling as you waved us off last night mate, our bus was great singing all the way up and home. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 2:37 pm

i didnt see this but i wouldnt mind betting it was a guy from taffs well, dai dober

Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:kipper great tale mate

Our trip went smooth.

We even had built in shower units running along the length of the bus.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

i didnt see this but i wouldnt mind betting it was a guy from taffs well, dai dober

I didn't know his name, but due to the fact our door had been replaced by tape and plastic covers because of bad driving, this guy HAD to rip a hole in it so he could flop his willy about to the passing cars :lol:

Sun May 23, 2010 3:24 pm

ah right if he was on your bus it wouldnt have been dai

Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Billy that's just an amazing post !! All jokes aside i couldn't stop laughing at that BRILLIANT!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 4:26 pm

city4ever wrote:Billy that's just an amazing post !! All jokes aside i couldn't stop laughing at that BRILLIANT!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We left wembley at 8... got into merthyr at 3 in the fuckin morning!!!!!!!! :cry:

Sun May 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
here's one of baz aving a look around before putting a quote in to paint mrs ramsgates lady room

Sun May 23, 2010 5:25 pm

I spoke to the crazy driver outside the chip shop next to the Middlesex Arms and he told me that Blackpool fans had bricked the coach :lol: and pointed at the windscreen of the coach which was parked opposite.

I sympathised with him calling the fans holligans and twats for spoiling the occasion, little did I know it was all bullshit :lol:

Sun May 23, 2010 5:32 pm

premier it was not the biggest wc in the world..........................but at least we had one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

got some cracking photos of pompey sleeping in the beer garden

Sun May 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I spoke to the crazy driver outside the chip shop next to the Middlesex Arms and he told me that Blackpool fans had bricked the coach :lol: and pointed at the windscreen of the coach which was parked opposite.

I sympathised with him calling the fans holligans and twats for spoiling the occasion, little did I know it was all bullshit :lol:

This is hilarious, the driver was a numptie gotta be honest

Sun May 23, 2010 6:28 pm

That was very funny, must of been its made me laugh :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ONLY CHEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got worried we had sat nav and the driver asked ME how to get to Wembley once we hit the queues!!!

BUT on reading this thread - it has made my weekend so much more happier :D

Sun May 23, 2010 6:39 pm

baker wrote:
city4ever wrote:Billy that's just an amazing post !! All jokes aside i couldn't stop laughing at that BRILLIANT!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We left wembley at 8... got into merthyr at 3 in the fuckin morning!!!!!!!! :cry:

Baker we had hell of a driver when we got to wembley he couldn't find his way into the bus park,so he did a 180 degree turn in the road people crossing and allsorts,not as bad as your trip i know ,i can only sympathise for you mate!!
I bet you all had some fun though , never mind it's all over till next season mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 6:46 pm

city4ever wrote:
baker wrote:

Baker we had hell of a driver when we got to wembley he couldn't find his way into the bus park,so he did a 180 degree turn in the road people crossing and allsorts,not as bad as your trip i know ,i can only sympathise for you mate!!
I bet you all had some fun though , never mind it's all over till next season mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ours crashed into a lampost, then when he reversed he went into a giant boulder. He just put his head in his hands, he was so stressed! :lol:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:28 pm

The bad thing is, not one word of this post is a lie or exagerated

Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 pm

O it was something to look back on and laugh.

I was the only one who got picked up from Ponty. Was expecting at least one more.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:53 pm

The people who missed the bus in Ponty, came onto me and asked me where cheggers bus was, I said it's the otherside of the bus stop but think it had gone. I was running one of the supporters club coaches so we left after you lot. Cheggers was ringing them for ages. Was with him when he was doing this

Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Goodshoes wrote:The people who missed the bus in Ponty, came onto me and asked me where cheggers bus was, I said it's the otherside of the bus stop but think it had gone. I was running one of the supporters club coaches so we left after you lot. Cheggers was ringing them for ages. Was with him when he was doing this

i got there at 7:10 because pick up was at 7:20. We were there till 7:25. They only have themselves to blame. fairplay to Cheggers he rang me to ask where I was and I weren't sure which coach it was.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 pm

bwoodblue wrote:
Goodshoes wrote:The people who missed the bus in Ponty, came onto me and asked me where cheggers bus was, I said it's the otherside of the bus stop but think it had gone. I was running one of the supporters club coaches so we left after you lot. Cheggers was ringing them for ages. Was with him when he was doing this

i got there at 7:10 because pick up was at 7:20. We were there till 7:25. They only have themselves to blame. fairplay to Cheggers he rang me to ask where I was and I weren't sure which coach it was.

About half 7 or later they were asking me where the bus was. We left at 7:45

Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 pm

I've just had a phone call and the bus company are playing f**k with cheggers wanting him to pay for the damage on the bus :?

Sun May 23, 2010 8:23 pm

cityjonblue wrote:I've just had a phone call and the bus company are playing f**k with cheggers wanting him to pay for the damage on the bus :?

You better be shitting me!

It was the f**in bus-drivers fault!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm

i take it your on about the bus with damaged windscreen and bump in back.
as ours apart from a curtain pulled down, during the aircon rainstorm was in good nick from what i remember :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 8:35 pm

that bus trip was un- believable...... i was one of the guys picked up at high cross.... ive never been on a bus journey like it..lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 8:43 pm

here's the mottley crew from our bus.

i can name
annis, carlccfc, jamie ccfc, bakedalaska, elyboy, ben, baz, mrs ramsgate, milly, chippy, claire, nantgarwblue, madbadbrad, merlin,

great day but names are not my best point

Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 pm

the missing 4 were all in Ponty before 7am coz I know 2 of em and they told me , somehow unless they were in the wrong place u left without them ! Cost them £62 each on the train instead :ayatollah: