Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Holloway owns Dave Jones

Sun May 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Someone posted before the match that Holloway teams had a great record over teams managed by Dave Jones and that run continued yesterday.

He is obviously well aware of two major flaws in Dave Jones' abilities as a manager - a real difficulty in handling teams who play three across the middle and a tactical blind spot which cannot see beyond 4-4-2.

Blackpool were able to dictate play at a pace that suited them because as usual our midfield always seem to stand off the opposition. too preoccupied with "keeping their shape" and waiting for them to make a mistake than in trying to force one by putting the player with the ball under pressure.

There are some excellent midfielders in our division and to give them so much time and space on the ball is inviting trouble. I'm sure Holloway was breathing a sigh of relief when Jay went off yesterday because like the rest of us he realised that our entire gameplan went with him and that Jones would then struggle as usual with a plan B.

The really disappoinying fact is that all the terrific performances this season (WBA, Watford,Sheff United, Boro, Bristol City away, Swansea, Derby, Bristol home) have now been absolutely worthless.

Sorry to still be so negative but I really feel let down yet again and that our best chance in a generation has been blown

Re: Holloway owns Dave Jones

Sun May 23, 2010 12:43 pm

davids wrote:Sorry to still be so negative but I really feel let down yet again and that our best chance in a generation has been blown

I've been watching this club for 40 years and I cannot agree more.

Your post above is so truthful its painful to read. i just feel that DJ is old hand at this game now and we need someone who understands the modern game alot more.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:51 pm

jones knew as early as Barnsley away that when jay does'nt play he had'nt got a plan B. We all knew when Jay went off it was going to be one big struggle to win the game! :roll:

Sun May 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Its so sad a fact that its heartbreaking............but our BIG problem is we cant defend a lead,we seem to go to pieces :(

Sun May 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Now I know Blackpool looked the better team but no manager could legislate for such awful defending, we gave them two goals. Other than that we scored two quality goals, had an offside goal and hit the woodwork 3 times....it just wasnt our day

Sun May 23, 2010 3:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Now I know Blackpool looked the better team but no manager could legislate for such awful defending, we gave them two goals. Other than that we scored two quality goals, had an offside goal and hit the woodwork 3 times....it just wasnt our day

yea dave jones was not on the pitch,but he is the one who picked huddson,he is the one who put taiow on the pitch. the buck stops with him,this isnt hindsight.i have allways stuck up for DJ not anymore we played to thier strengths and they played to our weekness. you dont have to be an expert to see what happend.gutted. :(

Sun May 23, 2010 3:23 pm

It was Etuhu that came on but yeah I agree but what im saying is we still had enough of the game and chances to win if the players had done there bit.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:30 pm

We had chances but our defence was awful. Hudson has been a danger all season but DJ has stuck with him.

After what I have seen of our defence this season with more to come next season as I just cannot see us getting rid of the likes of Hudson I am not looking forward to next season.