Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MANAGERS COMMENTS AFTER!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 12:14 pm

The game!
Just watched the game again on sky +Ollie was pround as punch about the players and what he wanted out of football. Good luck to the man! 8-) Jone's comment's sounded as boring as ever and he looked like a man ready for the axe!!! :roll:
Good luck Blackpool you were the better team on the day! And Ollie that was a great after match view on your passion for the game! :ayatollah:

Re: MANAGERS COMMENTS AFTER!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Cant think of another team I would have rather beaten us and gone up. Yep, good luck. Just shows what is possible !

Sun May 23, 2010 12:29 pm

I would love Ian Holloway as our manager it would be a marriage made in heaven. Dave Jones has had his time he has received excellent backing for the past 5 years, but ultimately he is a loser on the big stage.

We will here DJ talk of 'improvement' but IMO that is not good enough anymore. What we want is the word 'achievement' but that only seems to go to managers like Ian Holloway (and last season Owen Coyle) who show passion and try to influence games by making tactical changes, rather than stand on the side with their thumbs up their arse hoping for a lucky break.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:51 pm

I recall the game at Blackpool where I commented that they would be looking down th league instead of up it. My comments made a few Blackpool forums and they all hoped I was right. Well I got something right but why is it I wish I was wrong.

Another thing came out of that game was that Blackpool were crap at their set plays and I recall Holloway admitting to that and was going to work on it. Well we paid the price for their work. However what shocked me was that Holloway apologised to his players and fans about the lack of not practising free kicks. Well I bet the Blackpool fans have forgiven him now and would it not be nice if we had a manager who thought of the fans like that instead of saying his players let us down.

DJ Out.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Ian the Wednesday did the double over Blackpool and took 3points off the citx and nearly pinched a draw at the city. And we got relegated! :cry: Allways will be a funny old game! Roll on next season! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Ironic really that Wednesday game at Hillsborough. The players will the manager had a sit in behind closed doors session ot thrash it all out. That week we went on to beat Derby 6-1. Then soon we went back to our crap ways in November and this was repeated in February.

Something has not been right and Jones has failed to get our consistancy. Personalkly I put that down to a terrible defence we have had and he should take responsibility.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I would love Ian Holloway as our manager it would be a marriage made in heaven. Dave Jones has had his time he has received excellent backing for the past 5 years, but ultimately he is a loser on the big stage.

We will here DJ talk of 'improvement' but IMO that is not good enough anymore. What we want is the word 'achievement' but that only seems to go to managers like Ian Holloway (and last season Owen Coyle) who show passion and try to influence games by making tactical changes, rather than stand on the side with their thumbs up their arse hoping for a lucky break.

ARE YOU ON THE SAME PLANET? EXCELLENT BACKING. CAME INTO THE CLUB WHEN ANY PLAYER WORTH ANYTHING WAS SOLD OFF BECAUSE OF SAMS OVERPAYING ON AVERAGE PLAYERS PAYING PREMIERSHIP TRANSFERS FEES/WAGES FOR THIRD DIVISION PLAYERS.

EVERY DECENT PLAYER THAT WE BROUGHT IN GETS SOLD TO KEEP THE CLUB AFLOAT, WE WOULD HAVE A PREMIERSHIP QUALITY TEAM ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY ALL PLAY FOR OTHER CLUBS NOW. PLAYERS WERE IDENTIFIED TO BE BROUGHT IN TO STRENGHTEN THE TEAM IN jANUARY, SEVERAL WHO WILL NOW BE PLAYING PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR THEN JONES GETS TOLD NO MONEY AVAILABLE. i CANNOT THNK OF ANY MANAGER WHO WOULD HAVE PUT UP WITH THE SHIT HE HAS TAKEN AND STUCK AT THE HELM. i KNOW YOU SAY ON HIS WAGES HE WOULD NOT WANT TO LEAVE. iF YOU WERE OFFERED HIGH WAGES WOULD YOU OR ANYONE TURN IT DOWN

Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Jones was given the money this season. He spent £1 million on Hudson and he has turned out a disaster. He has decided to keep a small squad which is OK providing you have quality players. You need to get the right players in for a small squad and he has screwed up big time here with the likes of Quinn, Commingues, Taiwo, Etuhu and Hudson.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

The squad isnt that small, ok its not massive but we only lack in a few places and if we hadnt been under a transfer embargo most of the season im sure we would have seen some players leave and some come in. According to DJ in his time at Cardiff he has sold 33m worth of players and spent 6m so all in all I would say the squad aint to bad.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 pm

The stick given to dave jones is beyoned belief.

Yes he does make mistakes like any manager but having taken us so close past two seasons and a cup final with the financial mess the clubs in is an acheivement.

How people forget the money squandered on crap in Lennies time and what DJ could do with that money now

Don't think DJ will be fully appreciated until he goes.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Welshpaul wrote:The stick given to dave jones is beyoned belief.

Yes he does make mistakes like any manager but having taken us so close past two seasons and a cup final with the financial mess the clubs in is an acheivement.

How people forget the money squandered on crap in Lennies time and what DJ could do with that money now

Don't think DJ will be fully appreciated until he goes.

The last 2 seasons have been the best chance for us to get out of this league. It has been a very weak league this season. this crap going around about us improving is nothing to do with DJs ability but simply down to how weak the league is. The same goes for our cup run.

DJ FA cup final team bottled it, his team last season bottled it and his team yesterday bottled it. 3 different teams but one common factor, DJ. If we want to go up then we need a manager who does not bottle it.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:18 pm

The last 2 seasons have been the best chance for us to get out of this league. It has been a very weak league this season. this crap going around about us improving is nothing to do with DJs ability but simply down to how weak the league is. The same goes for our cup run.

Everyone was saying it was the strongest Chmapionship in years at the start of the season and I dont agree its got weaker at all. I think the teams have got closer from top to bottom.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Disagree 2B2H.

At the start of the season I expected alot more teams to be challenging than what did. Teams likes Ipswich, Derby, Preston, Middlesborough, Sheffield United, Forest and Swansea. I was delighted when only Forest and Swansea challenged out of those lot. I mean were not Blackpool expected to get relegated?

Sun May 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Disagree 2B2H.

At the start of the season I expected alot more teams to be challenging than what did. Teams likes Ipswich, Derby, Preston, Middlesborough, Sheffield United, Forest and Swansea. I was delighted when only Forest and Swansea challenged out of those lot. I mean were not Blackpool expected to get relegated?

Thats what im saying, at the start of the season everyone expected it to be the toughest league on paper and IMO next season on paper doesnt look so strong.

I dont think the teams coming down this season are as strong as those that did last season, those coming up are as strong as last season.

So IMO I dont expect the league to be stronger, equal or a little weaker if anything.
In saying that I dont expect our squad to be as strong either

Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Hope your right with regards to the league because I'm expecting 6 teams to run away with it and one of them is not us.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:14 pm

old man young wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I would love Ian Holloway as our manager it would be a marriage made in heaven. Dave Jones has had his time he has received excellent backing for the past 5 years, but ultimately he is a loser on the big stage.

ARE YOU ON THE SAME PLANET? EXCELLENT BACKING. CAME INTO THE CLUB WHEN ANY PLAYER WORTH ANYTHING WAS SOLD OFF BECAUSE OF SAMS OVERPAYING ON AVERAGE PLAYERS PAYING PREMIERSHIP TRANSFERS FEES/WAGES FOR THIRD DIVISION PLAYERS.

EVERY DECENT PLAYER THAT WE BROUGHT IN GETS SOLD TO KEEP THE CLUB AFLOAT, WE WOULD HAVE A PREMIERSHIP QUALITY TEAM ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY ALL PLAY FOR OTHER CLUBS NOW. PLAYERS WERE IDENTIFIED TO BE BROUGHT IN TO STRENGHTEN THE TEAM IN jANUARY, SEVERAL WHO WILL NOW BE PLAYING PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR THEN JONES GETS TOLD NO MONEY AVAILABLE. i CANNOT THNK OF ANY MANAGER WHO WOULD HAVE PUT UP WITH THE SHIT HE HAS TAKEN AND STUCK AT THE HELM. i KNOW YOU SAY ON HIS WAGES HE WOULD NOT WANT TO LEAVE. iF YOU WERE OFFERED HIGH WAGES WOULD YOU OR ANYONE TURN IT DOWN

Ridsdale claimed at the start of the season that Jones had been backed to the tune of £5.25m in the transfer market making us second to only Nottingham F in the spending stakes. Not only that our wage bill is one of the highest in the division (hence the financial problems) which again tells you DJ has been backed extremely well.

As for selling players, every Championship club sells it's best players even the one's which come down from the Premiership so we are far from unqiue.

Making silly comments about 'not being on the same planet' and using caps locks doesn't change those facts.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Thats what im saying, at the start of the season everyone expected it to be the toughest league on paper and IMO next season on paper doesnt look so strong.

I dont think the teams coming down this season are as strong as those that did last season, those coming up are as strong as last season.

So IMO I dont expect the league to be stronger, equal or a little weaker if anything.
In saying that I dont expect our squad to be as strong either

I have to fully agree with that opinion. Since we survived our first season in this league we have been told it is getting stronger year on year. I never bought into that and indeed it has got weaker (certainly over the past 2 years) and next season offers the best oppotunity yet for us to cash in, if we can add to the core of this squad and get a decent go for it manager.