Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blake

Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 am

I don't think this lad has received enough credit after yesterday's game. Ok, he wasn't world class but bare in mind he was playing alongside calamity Hudson! He didn't win every aerial ball but he won a lot against big players and when he didn't he made up for it on the ground.

Considering he was playing next to Hudson I think he deserves to be applauded slightly. He gave everything and even at the end when he couldn't run he was still trying his best to make it back.

Re: Blake

Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 am

I totally agree. I thought he had a decent game and I know defensively poor but that was in spite of his performance and not because of it

Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 am

Only 2 of out players were up for it yesterday, Blake and Chopra. :(

Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Zabier wrote:I don't think this lad has received enough credit after yesterday's game. Ok, he wasn't world class but bare in mind he was playing alongside calamity Hudson! He didn't win every aerial ball but he won a lot against big players and when he didn't he made up for it on the ground.

Considering he was playing next to Hudson I think he deserves to be applauded slightly. He gave everything and even at the end when he couldn't run he was still trying his best to make it back.

Spot on mate Darcy has gone from having one foot out the door to one of our most important players going forward. What annoys me is Jones carried on playing the jogging jock week in week out when Darcy could have done far far better in centre mid. He looked the part at full back when he went there yesterday. Goes to show what a run of games can do for confidence.

Not a massive Kennedy fan but thought he has done well in the three play off games. Him,Darcy and Chops came out with credit for me.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Yeah, agree about Kennedy as well. For someone who played the large percentage of their career in midfield he's done well and he plays with his heart on his sleeve as well. He's getting on though. I'd like a new left back but wouldn't begrudge us holding onto Kennedy as a back up left back because he's earnt that at least in my eyes.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Blake, Ledley, Kennedy and, especially, Chopra were good yesterday. The rest underperformed. Marshall, Whitts and McNaughton were carrying injuries imo. The Bothroyd injury was the most important factor....

Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Witts had a poor game but still managed to set up two goals....thats his game all over.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:15 am

so so proud of darcy blake.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 am

IF cut back are going to be as bad as we fear then Darcy needs a new contract asap, will give his all on a low wage and covers several positions.