Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time For Reflection

Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 am

We've all had time to calm down now after yesterday's massive disappointment so I'm going to offer some positivity sponsored by Blazing Saddles.

Yes, we bottled it yesterday but look how far we've come since last season. How many of us before the playoffs started were saying we were just glad to be there? The season alone was worth it for two main memories. The win over Swansea and the Leicester game... in fact both Leicester games.

This has been our first season in the new stadium with a totally revamped squad. We've brought in loads of new players so to come in and have them make it to the playoff final in their first season is amazing.

We now have to look forward to next season. We actually have relative financial security! For the first time in God knows how long! I trust the Malaysians. Why? Because they pride themselves on their word and reputation. They're committed now. I believe they want us to succeed, not purely for us, but so they can maintain their reputations, even expand them.

Next season we can look forward to some quality football again. The Championship isn't a mug's division. There are some quality teams and we'll still sell 20,000 plus most games. We get to play the Jacks twice, Leeds twice, Bristol City twice. Yes, some of our better players will be leaving but that's football. Jonesy will sign some quality. Remember he gave us Gerrard and Marshall last season. Who will it be this season?

Personally, I am still gutted but I see a huge light at the end of the tunnel. This defeat has just made me more hungry and determined. This defeat isn't the end of the world... it's the start of a new one. I can't wait for next season now because Blackpool upset the sleeping giant yesterday just as it was waking up. I feel we're on the edge of something special and ok, it didn't happen yesterday but it will happen.

Who will be challenging us next season? None of the teams coming down in my eyes. I don't think Leicester will do as well. I can't see any of the teams coming up impressing. So really I think it'll be us, Sheffield United, Nottingham Forest, Swansea and Reading as the big guns. Out of those, I fancy our chances. Keep the faith, as TG said. This isn't the end. This is the beginning. :ayatollah:

Re: Time For Reflection

Sun May 23, 2010 11:29 am

spot on mate, helped lift the grey cloud hanging over me, :ayatollah:

Re: Time For Reflection

Sun May 23, 2010 11:48 am

Just cant share your optimisum while DJ is at the club. He has now bottled it twice in a major cup final. Yes he has brought in Gerrard and Marshall who are ok but what about Etuhu, Hudson and Taiwo. He has brought in more crap than good.

its OK having top guys running the club now and top quality players like Bothroyd and Chopra but it all means nothing if you have a weak middleman.