Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Take on Yesteday

Sun May 23, 2010 9:54 am

Going up fantastic atmosphere wherever you parked up

The players just didn't seem up for it - Blackpool players would have struggled in that heat if we played football

SO many players didn't turn up yesterday - Hudson is shit, Mcnaughton also very poor,Midfield done very little & what has happened to Burke - He couldn't beat an egg on yesterdays showing

Gerrard should have started his is an excellent talked/leader - he wears his heart on his sleeve

Look on the bright side if we would have gone up, we would get thumped every week - Imagine Hudson trying to mark Rooney :lol: :lol:

The sad thing is the club has a fantastic following but the players NEVER turn up for the big occassion - Maybe Jons is to blame ?

This was our best chance of promotion, because of the debt etc - In my onion we will be a mid table side next season

Have a great summer lads

Re: My Take on Yesteday

Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 am

I think your right, play -off final runner's up don't tend to do well in the following seasons.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:59 am

Your opening few lines sum it up. If we had played the football we showed glimpses of, we could have stuffed them. When I saw the temperature I loved it. I honestly thought we'd get the ball down and make Blackpool work. Their players are so unfit e.g. Baptiste, Taylor-Fletcher, Adam etc. It was the perfect opportunity to get the ball do the work.

However, why our players insisted on pumping the ball into the box where Evatt and Baptiste were winning everything is beyond me. Our best chances and goals came from one-twos and triangle movements. It wasn't rocket science. Why Whittingham was obsessed with the chipped through ball is beyond me! McPhail did his best to keep it down but often limited his passes to 5 feet away.

As for the defence, I was willing to support Hudson because I felt in the big game, as a captain, he would deliver. However, he let Jones, us and himself down massively yesterday. Summed up by when he headed it out for a corner when Marshall wanted it back. If you can't complete that minor task then you have to question how not only you're starting but how you're the captain?!

We lost it yesterday, without doubt.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Its sinking in now - The fizzy pop league again

Scunny/Norwich not even a long weekend in Blackpool :roll: