Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

marshall

Sun May 23, 2010 6:22 am

can anyone answer as to why marshall never took part in the warm up before the game yesterday,
was he injured .

Re: marshall

Sun May 23, 2010 6:26 am

dunno but he was f*cking useless at the corner, he made a hash of it, if he could sort catching crosses he would be one of the best goalies in the league set up

Sun May 23, 2010 6:32 am

get off his back
if any championship player had no flaws ,they d be in the premiership would they not?

Sun May 23, 2010 6:36 am

off his back ffs, he completley f*cking missed the ball and he has done on a dozen occasions or more this season, all he needs is training, as for the free kick that was pure class nothing many goalies could have done about it, he would also benefit from having a strong cetrak defence in front of him, woul have been interesting if we had kept RJ

Sun May 23, 2010 6:48 am

he took no part in the warm up yesterday,i think he was injured or ill and on the table.
and jonesy took a chance hoping what ever it was it would wear off.
what would you have done? put enkleman in ?
with the second penalty save in the leicester shoot in mind ( same top left corner) a 100 % fit mashall would have saved that adams free kick.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:51 am

bluebird1 wrote:he took no part in the warm up yesterday,i think he was injured or ill and on the table.
with the second penalty save in the leicester shoot in mind ( same top left corner) a 100 % fit mashall would have saved that adams free kick.
apparently bothroyd got injured in the warmup and jones made him play!!!! does make you wonder why marshall did not warm up, that free kick was class marshall was positioned wrong but there we go thats life, we lost to a better team on the day

there is always next year ;) :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:10 am

yes

all in all i think the main reason for yesterday was the seasons injureis came to a head.
extra time v s leicester took it s toll,there was not enough time
whittingam mcnaughton burke are just a sample ,its impossible to come back from the same injuries a second time in a short space of time .
anyway a thought crossed my mind yesterday
what if the malaysians now pulled out ?
that was answered straight after the match
like they said keep the faith

Sun May 23, 2010 7:13 am

we will be back

and the jacks will get relegated next season :lol:

and martinez will become city manager :D

Sun May 23, 2010 2:39 pm

bluebird1 wrote:he took no part in the warm up yesterday,i think he was injured or ill and on the table.

I would have saved that frekick.
It was obvious where he was putting it, and Marshall was way too far over to his right - he was basically standing next to the post.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:04 pm

I dont think he had any need to come for the cross for the second goal and when he decided he was going to he had to get near it and failed. Still IMO one of the best keepers in this division and the best ive seen at City

Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Sadly Marshall had a poor game yesterday.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry to point the finger but I think the majority of the blam lies with Hudson.

What we sa earlier in the season is that the midfield had so little confidence in him that they joined the back four and invited teams on to us (which happened yesterday). But more so yesterday we saw Marshall feeling he had to take ownsership of anything and everything because of the lack of aerial threat and so got caught in no man's land.

McPhail should have become captain yesterday and Gerrard back in to the back four. His partnership with Blake was the foudnation of our good run that pushed us back into the play-off picture.

Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Marshall did warm up with Enckleman & Margetson

I got in the ground around 2.20 & he was warming up

Bit he caught a tropical disease called dropsy