Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDSDALES LEGACY ?

Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 pm

WERE NOW LEFT WITH A £40 MILLION DEBT, Who is going to pay it off ?

The Riddlers GAMBLE HAS FAILED AGAIN.

More on it Tomorrow.

Re: RIDSDALES LEGACY ?

Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 pm

So the Malaysians are off then?

Sat May 22, 2010 10:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:So the Malaysians are off then?

No, but will only Now put a small amount in and Massive Cost Cutting Next Season.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

No, but will only Now put a small amount in and Massive Cost Cutting Next Season.

Obviously it is entirely up to TG and Vincent Tan what money they put in next season.

But the danger is that if they go too far with cost cutting they will throw the baby outwith the bath water and end up with a side which is mid table at best or worse ends up getting relegated. Which would surely not be in their best interests.

So I hope they take a sensible view next year so that we still have a side capable of having a good shot at automatic promotion.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Obviously it is entirely up to TG and Vincent Tan what money they put in next season.

But the danger is that if they go too far with cost cutting they will throw the baby outwith the bath water and end up with a side which is mid table at best or worse ends up getting relegated. Which would surely not be in their best interests.

So I hope they take a sensible view next year so that we still have a side capable of having a good shot at automatic promotion.

But very little income to sustain it.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:47 pm

I hope they spend some money

Sun May 23, 2010 6:29 am

or at least get rid of dead wood and rebuild our defence and midfield

Sun May 23, 2010 8:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:WERE NOW LEFT WITH A £40 MILLION DEBT, Who is going to pay it off ?

More on it Tomorrow.

Riddlers lasting legacy now will always be the LIES about the
Golden ticket scam, his lies cost us the one or two players in
January that would have made a huge difference today.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:24 am

on the BBC interview with TG after the game, he seemed very astute and assured that we'll be back next season, he talked with confidence, and even clenched his fist with pride. and walking out with his consortium, including Vincent Tan, leaves me feeling happier than with that fat yourkshire tw*t at the healms of the club!

I think they WILL spend/cost cut wisely but also give us a good shout of being promoted? If they really do have all this money then they should go and loan as many quality and affordable premiership players as they can. There still has to be an element of a gamble in reaching the premier league, and with their money and wise business planning i think next season we could get an automatic promotion....

Yes they will want to cut down our outgoings, but by no means guys, dont think its as bad as some people on here think it is. These people are not rich/astute business men for nothing! And its in their best interests to get to the Premier league as fast as possible - I see another good season next time around! :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:WERE NOW LEFT WITH A £40 MILLION DEBT, Who is going to pay it off ?

More on it Tomorrow.

Ridsdale legacy is a brand new stadium, a training facility, assets in players, all this cost money. Like him or not that is the facts, sam left the debt with no such assests on the balance sheet

Sun May 23, 2010 9:13 am

Merlin your comments are entirely correct in my opinion.

Someone once said to me that you cant really appreciate the good times until you have really suffered the bad.

Yes we are hurting. Yes I will have to go into work on Monday and face many of my mates (who are Blackpool Supporters!) but Sh1t happens. We will be stronger for yesterday and even with a few cuts I do genuinely think we will go up automatically next year.

It could have been worse.... Swansea could have finished in 6th place!

Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

More on it Tomorrow.

Ridsdale legacy is a brand new stadium, a training facility, assets in players, all this cost money. Like him or not that is the facts, sam left the debt with no such assests on the balance sheet

He f*cking lied to the fans..... How many times do people have to drum that in to you. He cheated us and lied us out of our money which is ILLEGAL!

I dont give a f**k whats apearred since he's been here - the plans for the stadium (the most important thing) were already in place.

PETER RIDSDALE IS A c**t! He didnt put a penny into the club, but was happy to bleed it dry!

quite frankly, I'm bored of talking about him now! He's going and we're all a damn sight happier! :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 9:22 am

Merlin wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

More on it Tomorrow.

He f*cking lied to the fans..... How many times do people have to drum that in to you. He cheated us and lied us out of our money which is ILLEGAL!

I dont give a f**k whats apearred since he's been here - the plans for the stadium (the most important thing) were already in place.

PETER RIDSDALE IS A c**t! He didnt put a penny into the club, but was happy to bleed it dry!

quite frankly, I'm bored of talking about him now! He's going and we're all a damn sight happier! :ayatollah:

Your reply suggest you dont understand how to read a balance sheet, cashflow was the problem which is why Man Utd do not have problems with a £700 million debt because of strong cash flow and major assests. No fan of Ridsdale but the question was what is his legacy. As for lying speak to the staff who worked for the bully Hamman and how he constantly lied. Will never sell Earnshaw for example

Sun May 23, 2010 9:27 am

More on it Tomorrow.

I was thinking about this when driving home after the game & listening to talk sport, some people glad we did not win because we "cheated" our way by spending money we didn't have! Peter Ridsdale used our club as his own personal game of Monopoly, using too many 'chance' & 'get out of jail' cards along the way. Peter Ridsdale is the cheater, & we, the true fans, are the real victims of his cheating legacy! :x

Sun May 23, 2010 9:47 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

More on it Tomorrow.

No, Hammam just left us with the Academy. Which in case you hadn't grasped, had, you know, provided a number of player assets, sold by Ridsdale... hammam also diodn't give us the number of winding up orders Ridsdale did. Or lie to potential investors.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:55 am

This is history now. I have to be honest, I don't give a f**k about Ridsdale's legacy. He's gone, we're in the Championship, new chapter. Let's go!

Sun May 23, 2010 10:23 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

More on it Tomorrow.

sam left a debt sam told lies but thats all forgotten ..ridsdale and sam are both better off far away from cardiff city..

Sun May 23, 2010 10:45 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

More on it Tomorrow.

The new stadium plans was in place and would have happened if Sam had backed down to the council and allowed the Blues to play there. Sam did not want rugby at our stadium and its one of the main reasons why the stadium was never built in his time.

Sam built the academy that produced players that have become our greatest assets aka Rambo. Ridsdale has brought us the likes of Fowler and Hasslebaink. We did not get much return from them.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:56 am

In JFH case, PR had to pay him a seasons wage for nothing. Scandalous! :x

Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 am

Merlin wrote:on the BBC interview with TG after the game, he seemed very astute and assured that we'll be back next season, he talked with confidence, and even clenched his fist with pride. and walking out with his consortium, including Vincent Tan, leaves me feeling happier than with that fat yourkshire tw*t at the healms of the club!

I think they WILL spend/cost cut wisely but also give us a good shout of being promoted? If they really do have all this money then they should go and loan as many quality and affordable premiership players as they can. There still has to be an element of a gamble in reaching the premier league, and with their money and wise business planning i think next season we could get an automatic promotion....

Yes they will want to cut down our outgoings, but by no means guys, dont think its as bad as some people on here think it is. These people are not rich/astute business men for nothing! And its in their best interests to get to the Premier league as fast as possible - I see another good season next time around! :ayatollah:

Good post Merlin, totally agree with you we need to take a step back re-group and go again planning for the long term future and stability.

Sun May 23, 2010 11:15 am

I thought you said Sam was on his way back .Part cash/part shares for his loan.
and a place on the board.

Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 am

it not about reading balance sheets,being able to count or spell.most people would still have bought season tickets even if they knew the posisition the club was in.you dont have to be a accountant or a solicitor to work out pr is a lying, decieving and self absorbed thing.if you dont get it i give up,or has the ridsdales got family in taffs well :roll:

Sun May 23, 2010 12:05 pm

ianba wrote:it not about reading balance sheets,being able to count or spell.most people would still have bought season tickets even if they knew the posisition the club was in.you dont have to be a accountant or a solicitor to work out pr is a lying, decieving and self absorbed thing.if you dont get it i give up,or has the ridsdales got family in taffs well :roll:

Of course its about balance sheets, thats how business works, no Ridsdale fan but the legacy is a stadium, training facilities and the assests of the players in excess of £20 mill. compare that to the previous regime where we played in a shithole of a stadium with no value

Sun May 23, 2010 12:10 pm

ianba wrote:it not about reading balance sheets,being able to count or spell.most people would still have bought season tickets even if they knew the posisition the club was in.you dont have to be a accountant or a solicitor to work out pr is a lying, decieving and self absorbed thing.if you dont get it i give up,or has the ridsdales got family in taffs well :roll:

Couldn't agree and his appearance on BBC Wales on Friday was enough to make you vomit. On that show he said we had all misunderstood what he said about using the monies raised for team strengthening.

This was from the same 'mouth' that told us come 31 January there would be a press conference where at least 3 new signings would be unvailed.

But no we misunderstood that and it should have been of no surprise when the monies raised were used to pay off debts and pay wages.

The man is an absolute disgrace.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Of course its about balance sheets, thats how business works, no Ridsdale fan but the legacy is a stadium, training facilities and the assests of the players in excess of £20 mill. compare that to the previous regime where we played in a shithole of a stadium with no value

Player assets - dear god - some teams ie Swansea don't list players as assets as the value is so flexible - one bad injury, value plummets. What's ledley's value now, by the way?

Stadium value - what value. Seriously - for one thing, we disappear, what is it's value, hmm? How many people will be queueing up to buy it? Blues? Forget it...

But it's ok. I mean, without investment, we'd be dead. You cite balance sheets as being how business works - answer me this young fella me lad. Is it standard business practise to trade whilst insolvent? is it standard business practise to spend money you haven't got in the hopes of a nice jackpot that will rescue you? Is it standard practise to lie to the people looking to invest into you?

Face it - Hammam did a hell of a lot wrong, but a hell of a lot right. Ridsdale has done a hell of a lot that superficially *looks* right, ieleague placings but fundamentally was wrong.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:24 pm

nerd wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:

Player assets - dear god - some teams ie Swansea don't list players as assets as the value is so flexible - one bad injury, value plummets. What's ledley's value now, by the way?

Stadium value - what value. Seriously - for one thing, we disappear, what is it's value, hmm? How many people will be queueing up to buy it? Blues? Forget it...

But it's ok. I mean, without investment, we'd be dead. You cite balance sheets as being how business works - answer me this young fella me lad. Is it standard business practise to trade whilst insolvent? is it standard business practise to spend money you haven't got in the hopes of a nice jackpot that will rescue you? Is it standard practise to lie to the people looking to invest into you?

Face it - Hammam did a hell of a lot wrong, but a hell of a lot right. Ridsdale has done a hell of a lot that superficially *looks* right, ieleague placings but fundamentally was wrong.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Couldn't agree and his appearance on BBC Wales on Friday was enough to make you vomit. On that show he said we had all misunderstood what he said about using the monies raised for team strengthening.

This was from the same 'mouth' that told us come 31 January there would be a press conference where at least 3 new signings would be unvailed.

But no we misunderstood that and it should have been of no surprise when the monies raised were used to pay off debts and pay wages.

so are BBC Wales for giving him the time of day

Sun May 23, 2010 4:57 pm

byron moreno wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

so are BBC Wales for giving him the time of day

To be fair they have to give him time whilst he is Chairman, but I thought the questions they put to him were pathetic.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Why didn't they ask him:

"peter, Why did you lie to the fans asking for 10,000 of them to give you £3.2m to go towards player transfer fund for January, knowing full well that is not what you had planned to spend the money on?" Infact, the monety was already spent, and also know by other members of your board, that you had planned to deceive the fans to pay other debts off. which brought about a transfer embargo, thus hindering the club even further..... No players, No premiership - so in fact Peter, wasn't it effectively you that stopped the side getting an automatic promotion?"

Maybe Peter told them, he was only answering the following questions!!!! (which he quite hapilly passed them on a piece of paper!

f*cking Leach. :evil:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Merlin wrote:Why didn't they ask him:

"peter, Why did you lie to the fans asking for 10,000 of them to give you £3.2m to go towards player transfer fund for January, knowing full well that is not what you had planned to spend the money on?" Infact, the monety was already spent, and also know by other members of your board, that you had planned to deceive the fans to pay other debts off. which brought about a transfer embargo, thus hindering the club even further..... No players, No premiership - so in fact Peter, wasn't it effectively you that stopped the side getting an automatic promotion?"

Maybe Peter told them, he was only answering the following questions!!!! (which he quite hapilly passed them on a piece of paper!

f*cking Leach. :evil:

And that Merlin would just be the start!