Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Dave Jones stay or go in the summer and WHY?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: ** DAVE JONES POLL **

Tue May 25, 2010 12:41 am

good debate, intresting points :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 3:49 pm

taxi for DJ. now if not sooner. ;)

Wed May 26, 2010 4:01 pm

byron moreno wrote:taxi for DJ. now if not sooner. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I think he should stay, simply because our new administartion have backed him, and to me that is a positive indication that monies must be available to him.

His track record this season is nothing more than astounding, bearing in mind he was not able to bring any fresh faces in coupled with injuries to key players.
Ok he has had more money than Blackpool , Scunthorpe and the like , however, lots of teams in this division have budgets that dwarf ours. Nottingham Forest certainly have spend big and they failed at the initial stage of the playoffs, to Blackpool.

I would like to know who would be a better replacement on a cheaper wage?

Wed May 26, 2010 6:59 pm

give the man a chance without the riddler on the purse strings.after all it,s our best finish to a season in years.keep the faith. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

After the disastrous end to last season, my own view was that Dave Jones should have resigned then - even if it wasn't his fault, someone had to take responsibility, and I think it should have been him.

I have stayed away a lot this last season, but to be honest, I feel Dave Jones has proved me wrong. I didn't think we would make the play-offs again, but we did. Brilliant run at the end of the season, and the win against Swansea more or less ensured we made the play-offs. Once we made the final, my own view was, win or lose that game, Dave Jones had done enough to prove his worth.

Add to that the fact that his buying and selling skills are brilliant, I think he should be given another season.

I agree, he's on a massive wage - perhaps he should agree to a pay cut? - and I disagree with people who say supporting City under Dave Jones has been the best ever - I still say the Sam Hammam era was easily the best, ie. most exciting, including 2 promotions, one as champions. But the other problem is - what can you do anyway? He is obviously not going to resign, unless another club comes in for him, and they're not going to sack him either.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 pm

wait until he has some funding :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 11:07 am

Hopefully with some backing over the summer DJ can strengthen and push on for promotion again.

I'm still undecided at times, but I don't know whether changing the manager would really help. A lot of the players seem to speak very highly of him (McPhail etc) so I think we should give him another season and see what we can do.