Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Dave Jones stay or go in the summer and WHY?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: ** DAVE JONES POLL **

Sun May 23, 2010 10:30 am

Never happen now, but I'd love to see Holloway as our next manager :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 11:21 am

Sorry Jones, I backed you all season even when everyone was calling for your head. But enough is enough.
Five years and were still not up. You can motivate players for a play off final? JayBo was clearly not fit so why start him and why bring on Etuhu, he is shit.

Rant over... for now

Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I personally think he should stay. Dave Jones has done a terrific job for us and i believe he will continue to do so. He has made many decisions that i haven't agreed with but far more that i have. There isn't a manager on earth who gets everything right all the time.
But that's just MY oppinion and i can actually understand other people with differing oppinions.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Has a Cardiff manager ever divided opinion so much?! :D

Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 pm

I like Dave Jones as a person.and most of his tactics are smack on........but.........in the big games,we can never seem to hold on to our lead for long,so,basically,he is not very astute defense wise.Our defence has been shocking the last 2 games,and this HAS to be sorted pronto...............There we go,truth hurts :cry:

Sun May 23, 2010 2:00 pm

I think DJ has taken us as far as he can.

It was bad luck to lose Jay so early in the game yesterday but when you have one player who is absolutely vital to the way we play then it seems ludicrous not to have similar target man in the squad. Jones had all last summer to address this and other weeknesses in the squad but he ended up blowing the transfer budget on some very poor signings in Hudson, Quinn and Taiwo.

Plenty of people keerp banging on about the fact that he has got us to the playoffs but it has taken him 5 seasons to achieve that. Owen Coyle and now Holloway have taken a fraction of that time to get into the premiership and on less budgets than Jones has had.

Yesterday was a major opportunity squandered and next season will be much harder as I expect teams like Middlesboro, Sheff Utd and Reading to be a lot stronger.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:04 pm

IMO teams like blackpool and burnley are an exception to the rule so i believe it is unfair to bring them up. I know we're all passionate about our club but if we step back there are far bigger clubs than us in this division who never made it. Forest, Derby, both Sheffields, Boro, Ipswich to name a few. All i can say is those clubs are lucky they haven't got our supporters!
Yes he gets paid too much and he makes mistakes Swansea away i slated him, and why he thinks etuhu is even good enough to play for ton pentre baffles me (he's absolute shite) but like zabier said, even alex ferguson makes mistakes like he did against bryan munich putting nani up front on his own, so come on lads give the guy a break, i think for us to finish 4th after all the shit this season is nothing short of miraculous :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm 50/50 on this one, but i think he will be given one more season, & if he is then i hope its written into his contract tomorrow!

Sun May 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:100% GO, It Took DJ 5 years to get to the Play offs, He Has NO Plan B, He Bottles it at THE FINAL HURDLE EVERY TIME. We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent. WE need a New manager With Passion and who knows how to change his tactics when things go wrong, I Have Said it for 5 YEARS and I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year.

well said butt

he never changes his formation always uses 4-4-2 even if we are 4-0 up
and always makes subs at wrong time. cummon a player needs a good 5-10 minutes to get into the pace of game.

i say GO!

Sun May 23, 2010 7:12 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:if jay bothroyd doesn't pick up an injury today we win pretty comfortably and everyone hails dave jones

the last couple of years have been superb against a financially uncertain background and huge amounts of injuries and other various setbacks

ill be gutted if he isnt our manager come august

Not me if we had won by 20 goals I would still be saying for him to go as I have stated in at least 20 posts previouly over the last 18 months.

Hudson!!!!! I'm not saying anymore.

Jones out

Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 pm

DJ has has the 92nd Worst Managers Record in the Football league Regarding PLAN B, 105 games in the last 5 years when 1 nil down, We have come back to win about 7 games, THATS WHY HE WILL ALWAYS FAIL AT THE FINAL HURDLE, Stats Dont Lie.

Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 pm

i read somewhere above that as a person, hes ok. :twisted:

im sorry i cant agree with that.
-he reaks of arragonce, a simple press confrence he tries to belittle the press with whitty arrogant replies, making himself look a c**t.
-he has no plan B (they even said that on the football league show last night)
-he is on a moster wage way out of what we can afford 800k
-its never his fault always blames some one else.
- doesnt like characters or outspoken players. therefore we have no real leader amongst the team.
-he has spent more than any other team, and our wage bill is one of the highest.
- he doesnt like us fans or give 2 shits about us....FACT!!!
- has no man management skills.
-cant motivate players.
-is a bottler ( 1 promotion in 14 years proves that)
- ''JUDGE ME WHEN I HAVE BUILT MY OWN SQUAD'' you have your own squad, and you have still FAILED !!!

Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 am

stay. hes worth another season

Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 am

milly44 wrote:i read somewhere above that as a person, hes ok. :twisted:

im sorry i cant agree with that.
-he reaks of arragonce, a simple press confrence he tries to belittle the press with whitty arrogant replies, making himself look a c**t.
-he has no plan B (they even said that on the football league show last night)
-he is on a moster wage way out of what we can afford 800k
-its never his fault always blames some one else.
- doesnt like characters or outspoken players. therefore we have no real leader amongst the team.
-he has spent more than any other team, and our wage bill is one of the highest.
- he doesnt like us fans or give 2 shits about us....FACT!!!
- has no man management skills.
-cant motivate players.
-is a bottler ( 1 promotion in 14 years proves that)
- ''JUDGE ME WHEN I HAVE BUILT MY OWN SQUAD'' you have your own squad, and you have still FAILED !!!

Not his fault he's on a monster wage though - if offered we'd all take it.
Again the spending is down to the chairman. Managers ask for players, upstairs sort it all out these days. So we can blame PR for that :lol:
We do need more leaders in the team.
Nothing to say on your other points though, although I do find some of his press conferences amusing.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am

The Premier 1 wrote:STAY :ayatollah: :D

cefnblue wrote:stay! one more season.
as he says we are improving every year which means we will go up next year ;)

QUITE CORRECThe has so one more season should see us in auto playoff place, my concern is what players will we have next year to do it

We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent
. surelly part of that is the riddlers fault annis

I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year
i do agree with that though.

yes we have been improving, but most of our good players will go

so will we have the players to get us to auto promotion or even playoffs?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 am

After todays fiasco i want him GONE!

i dont care what anybody thinks f**k him :evil:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:After todays fiasco i want him GONE!

Ben, is that you? :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:38 am

Zabier wrote:

:lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:48 am

Zabier wrote:

:D :D he'll start soon but no its moi zab :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Now that I have calmed down I think I have changed my mind and Jones is the right man.
Hes done a brilliant job with such a small squad. Even turned Darcey Blake from a food-a-holic into a brilliant CB. The only critisizm for jones is no plan b, so prehaps with a lower salary and another coaching course he is the right man :lol:

Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Thomas, that's what's so frustrating about him is that his flaws are such basic ones. Being too stubborn and not having a plan B. If he corrected these he'd have us in the Premiership by December!

Mon May 24, 2010 1:56 pm

You stand or fall by your decisions. His decision to pick Hudson for the final was diabolical. We have only won 11 of 29 games where he started for us we drew 6 of those 29 and actually lost 12. That's a loss to games ratio of 41% where Hudson started for Cardiff - enough said. He's had 5 years. We have a fresh start with a new chairman and board along with investment. Let's have a fresh start in the dug out too.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Failed with the decision again at Wembley but we can't get anyone better in. One more year.

STAY

Mon May 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Stay. Took us to Wembley three times in 2 years, even twice in 2 yr is good!! Thats more than Arsenal and Liverpool who havent played at the new wembley yet. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 6:38 pm

In my opinion he should stay.

Overall he's done well........agree he does have faults but then most managers do.

To bring someone else in and have to start from fresh would be madness considering our current financial position.

The new board need to show support and ensure that new faces are brought in. If he doesn't then deliver, then the situation should be reviewed at the end of next season.

We should all get behind the team and support the boys to deliver our dream of premiership football

Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 pm

personally i think he has had long enough, but i do think he will stay, and ok if he does stay why not get someone to work alongside him with some passion and some guts to say what he actually thinks even if he does get fined... preferably welsh but as long as he is committed and verbal i dont care if he is a taliban, lol ( joke ). i am just fed up of those folded arms and no spine!!!!!!!!cardiff v swansea is just another game...... yea right dj!!!! but regardless of what happens to dj we need to get behind the boys and whoever is the manager next year.

Mon May 24, 2010 8:43 pm

he got to stay, best 5 years of my life, followed the club now for 30 odd years, been to wembely 3 times involved in play offs can you name me another manager which would do a better job than him? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I say give him another chance, hopefully with the financial backing of the malaysians.

Other clubs have got where we are on smaller budgets that's true, but what about all of the other clubs that haven't?
I think Tg wants to be up there again next season and hopefully I'm right in thinking he won't want to disrupt the team too much. Despite needing to cut costs, I think he or Tan will still want to see us bring some decent players in

Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Got to admit Owain I think us getting to the premier is paramount for these Malaysians. Getting rid of our main players is not the way to go about it. If they want to keep DJ in place then they will have ot support him by allowing new players to come in. Besides has DJ got the fight left in him to start all over again?

Mon May 24, 2010 11:31 pm

vast majority on here want him to stay

two to one

simple