Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Dave Jones stay or go in the summer and WHY?

You may select 1 option

View results

** DAVE JONES POLL **

Sat May 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Should he stay or go?

Re: ** DAVE JONES POLL **

Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 pm

stay! one more season.
as he says we are improving every year which means we will go up next year ;)

Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Go.
Cant even motivate players for a play-off final

Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 pm

100% GO, It Took DJ 5 years to get to the Play offs, He Has NO Plan B, He Bottles it at THE FINAL HURDLE EVERY TIME. We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent. WE need a New manager With Passion and who knows how to change his tactics when things go wrong, I Have Said it for 5 YEARS and I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year.

Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 pm

pack your bags and share riddlers taxi!!!

Sat May 22, 2010 10:50 pm

GO, we've been to wembley twice, we've been shite TWICE. hes one of lifes good guys wish him all the best.
we lost without trying :evil: :?: :ayatollah:

Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 pm

milly44 wrote:pack your bags and share riddlers taxi!!!

:lol:

Sat May 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Gotta stay improved year on year which in any job that is what your measured on who else can do better?

Sat May 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Another year for me.

I think it's unfair to say we weren't motivated.

Had both teams taken their chances I think we would have won 8-4
I thought we weere the better team, tehy were quite happy to play the ball accross the back 4 for long spells.

The only thing that let us down was our defending for goals 2 and 3 and our finishing, I don't know what more DJ could have done about that with the exception of swapping Hudson for Gerrard.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 pm

if jay bothroyd doesn't pick up an injury today we win pretty comfortably and everyone hails dave jones

the last couple of years have been superb against a financially uncertain background and huge amounts of injuries and other various setbacks

ill be gutted if he isnt our manager come august

Sun May 23, 2010 12:05 am

I think he should stay for 1 more crack but in saying that I wouldnt break my heart if he left as he has not got a plan B as proved today jay went of we had it..

He picked Hudson who I blame for most of the season he is a poor defender and a worse captain and when he was injured Gerrard & Blake did well even Gypes did well and our defence looked better still dodgy but much better.

I said when I heard that hudson was coming back from injury I told my son shit watch Jones put him back in and what happens
we play 2 most important games in our lives and we let in 6 goals.

so another season but if he doesnt stay it wont break my heart

Sun May 23, 2010 12:21 am

GO, Time for a clean sweep! New owners new management team.

Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 am

bluebirdtom wrote:if jay bothroyd doesn't pick up an injury today we win pretty comfortably and everyone hails dave jones

Sorry to pick on this but I just dont agree. If Jay played 90 minutes and we went up I for one would not be praising DJ.

The Championship has been a weak league this season. Look who got into the play offs, Leicester who only got promoted last season, Forest only promoted 2 seasons ago and Blackpool 3 seasons ago. What does that tell you?

Add to the fact that DJ has had more to spend than Newcastle or Forest and his achievement start to look a bit short change.

Looking back at the season our defence has been shocking and they saved the worse for today. DJ put this defence together and it has been schoolboy standard. Time for him to go.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:34 am

Stay. An injury to Jay Bothroyd was the difference between us and the Premier League

Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:100% GO, It Took DJ 5 years to get to the Play offs, He Has NO Plan B, He Bottles it at THE FINAL HURDLE EVERY TIME. We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent. WE need a New manager With Passion and who knows how to change his tactics when things go wrong, I Have Said it for 5 YEARS and I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year.

Annis i can understand the wage issue and i agree 100%. However i dont think anyone can argue that if we didnt have DJ over the last 5 years then this club would be fucked. Somehow the man has a knack of spotting cheap talent and turning them into multi million pound players. Who else has done that in the league? When he first came here 5 years ago none of us actually expected to be in the play offs for years anyway. All we could afford were shitty frees, our squad had no value and somehow the guy turned it around and probably saved our club in the process! DJ TO STAY!! :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:43 am

He MUST stay. for one season at least, if we go up next year then he should stay untill hes reaady, if we fail to go up mark hughes in. Davey jones my lord :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 7:53 am

Dave Jones has actually done a fantastic job for this club, unfortuanatly it seems this will only be picked up on when he has left and people look back at his record. Just like us he has been let down by the riddler, proberbly more so than us. Yes you can question the defence that he put together and lack of a plan B. But how about looking at it from his perspective, the defence was put together because ridsdale sold his top defenders/players each year, collins,gabbidon,loovens,johnson,gunter. He had no plan B because he was unable in january to even bring in a loan player who could change things. He has been let down by the chairman and shrugs and gets on with the job he`s paid to do. As for the money he gets, would any of us in that position say "hang on i think your offering too much" yeah very likely NOT!!. It was the same team that beat leicester and if they had shown half the bottle they played with then yesterday we would be a premier team now. Boths going off just showed our lack of depth as we had nobody to replace him in the role he plays.
I just hope we pay our debts and manage to keep our main players for a push next season, but i fear we wont. city til i die what ever division they lead me too :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 8:03 am

jackblue wrote:Gotta stay improved year on year which in any job that is what your measured on who else can do better?

Then We are All small minded, Our Club should not be Happy to just improve by 1 or 2 positions every year, We should be Thinking Big.
Blackpool and Burney have done it on minute Budgets compared to Ours, DJ Does not like hard men and He is a bottler every time on the Final Hurdle.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 am

ccfclover wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:100% GO, It Took DJ 5 years to get to the Play offs, He Has NO Plan B, He Bottles it at THE FINAL HURDLE EVERY TIME. We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent. WE need a New manager With Passion and who knows how to change his tactics when things go wrong, I Have Said it for 5 YEARS and I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year.

Annis i can understand the wage issue and i agree 100%. However i dont think anyone can argue that if we didnt have DJ over the last 5 years then this club would be fucked. Somehow the man has a knack of spotting cheap talent and turning them into multi million pound players. Who else has done that in the league? When he first came here 5 years ago none of us actually expected to be in the play offs for years anyway. All we could afford were shitty frees, our squad had no value and somehow the guy turned it around and probably saved our club in the process! DJ TO STAY!! :ayatollah:

I Respect your Opinion and thats what Football is All about, But I believe we need a manager with Passion/enthusiam and back bone and also DJ Bottles it.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:09 am

GO NOW.

Yes we have improved year on year, but and it's a [size=200]BIG BUT,
[/size]he has failed to have a plan b or adapt to other teams formation, i.e. peterborough and has dropped the better players because they have dared to question him. He doesn't realise that the team is more important than him. Jay was injured BEFORE the game yet he still picked him ahead of rosco. If us the fans can see what is happening on the pitch why can't he. I agree he has been shafted by riddler and that he has a knack of discovering raw talent but he cannot motivate or adapt the team when it is needed. Perhaps he could stay as director of football and be resposible for grabbing the gems that he is so good at.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 am

The most succesfull manager at this moment in time is mourinho and i dont see him going all out attack even with the money availiable to him. Maybe we should step back and allow the club to sort out over the next few weeks what it wants to do. Im proud to say that city dont sack managers willy nilly and long may it continue. To start suggesting on a forum that a man should be sacked is just wrong in my opinion and a knee jerk reaction. As city fans we are bigger than this!!!!. Lets hope that the new investors spotted our potential after witnessing the magnificent support from yesterday and for once Dave Jones gets a chairman behind him who will support him by keeping the players he wants and bringing in the quality players he needs. I cant see how any one can question dj`s bottle after everything he has faced in his private life, if he had no bottle then he would never of put himself back into the public spotlight.

Sun May 23, 2010 8:37 am

jamccfc wrote:GO NOW.

Yes we have improved year on year, but and it's a [size=200]BIG BUT,
[/size]he has failed to have a plan b or adapt to other teams formation, i.e. peterborough and has dropped the better players because they have dared to question him. He doesn't realise that the team is more important than him. Jay was injured BEFORE the game yet he still picked him ahead of rosco. If us the fans can see what is happening on the pitch why can't he. I agree he has been shafted by riddler and that he has a knack of discovering raw talent but he cannot motivate or adapt the team when it is needed. Perhaps he could stay as director of football and be resposible for grabbing the gems that he is so good at.

ANY manager worth the title would drop players who questioned him!!!. personaly i can see him just leave any way and you could blame him with some of the comments he will face. but who is there to replace him?. and a new manager would want his own personal around him, staff,players etc. can we afford that cost at the moment?

Sun May 23, 2010 8:55 am

GO.

I feel a change is needed - 5yrs and £4 million in wages is far too expensive and has taken far too long to succeed. As mentioned above, with the right manager, players, game plan, and time plan, far more smaller clubs than Cardiff have done it with less time and money than Cardiff. I still feel that Jones is a decent manager who YES does have a good eye for bringing in players on the cheap, but We only end up selling them all anyway to balance the books. IF the team was run more efficiently, then we wouldn't need to keep looking out for such bargains! I mean look at the team Holloway just dragged through the championship? Hardly the countries best now are they!

I guess we dont really get a say - and it's down to TG and Jones to sort out. But if Jones is still here next season I seriously hope he drops his little innercircle of favourite players, stops dropping people he falls out with, and puts out a team from his head and not his heart, because lately there hasnt been much of a beat there at the times we needed there to be.

Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am

go
agree with previous posts, no plan B! but if here for the start of the new season i'll give him till christmas!

Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 am

Stay. You can't sack a manager who is constantly improving. We showed a lot more steel this season than we did last and let's remember, we played this final without Jay Bothroyd. If he had stayed on I reckon it could have been a one way battle.

I don't care if it's one more season or two or more. If Jones keeps improving us he has to stay. We can't forget how far we've come in such a short space of time. This is a long term project. :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 am

100% GO.
Dave Jones must go !

5 years and £4 million in wages, waaaay to much.
It's tooken him 5 years just to get us this far !
We need a manager who incourages our players to fight for the games, not to bottle it when things get tough ! :@

Sun May 23, 2010 10:21 am

5 years to go from a struggling Championship side to a team who have narrowly missed out on promotion 3 years running isn't bad at all in my eyes. Football isn't a rushed game. Which teams have had success long term after short term gain? Reading, Hull, Burnley, Watford etc. They all fall badly.

Be patient. This is working. I just don't understand how people want to get rid of a manager who is improving us year upon year, it's madness.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 am

I cannot believe why some of us are saying DJ should stay because we have improved. The 5 seasons DJ has been here the league has got weaker and weaker. Next season the league looks like it is going to be alot tougher. I just feel DJ is not going to be able to handle this.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:26 am

STAY :ayatollah: :D

cefnblue wrote:stay! one more season.
as he says we are improving every year which means we will go up next year ;)

QUITE CORRECThe has so one more season should see us in auto playoff place, my concern is what players will we have next year to do it

We Spent 9 times what Blackpool Spent
. surelly part of that is the riddlers fault annis

I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID, HE IS NOT WORTH £800,000 a Year
i do agree with that though.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

The league was at its strongest this year by miles in my eyes. Teams like Reading, Sheff Utd, Swansea and Middlesbrough didn't even make the playoffs!

Ok, Jones hasn't got every decision right but he's not Alex Ferguson. Imagine if you were in a job and your performance was always improving yet the management sacked you. It wouldn't make any sense.

Agree about the wages but to be honest that's one con against a lot more pros.