Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

when you play to a target man

Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 pm

like jay,you have to have a backup for him,someone on the bench and kelvin etuhu is obviously not his replacement, :(

Re: when you play to a target man

Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Personally I have Never rated Ethuhu, and I am not surprised Man City loaned him out. He's quite frankly f*cking shit.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Merlin wrote:Personally I have Never rated Ethuhu, and I am not surprised Man City loaned him out. He's quite frankly f*cking shit.

your not fussed either then,fair play you nearly made me smile then :) :ayatollah:

Sat May 22, 2010 10:02 pm

think we should try and get howard from leicester

Sat May 22, 2010 10:03 pm

cefnblue wrote:think we should try and get howard from leicester

agree...cant see it though

Sat May 22, 2010 10:04 pm

cefnblue wrote:think we should try and get howard from leicester

my mate said same :ayatollah:

Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

he caused havoc against us. would be expensive mind :cry:

Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Etuhu is awful in the air. Completely mistimes his jump. Worse in the air than Jimmy Floyd and that's not something i ever thought I'd type.

Sat May 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Etuhu another eddy everyone thinks he can play but he cant head a ball cant hold it or control it when running another waste of money from the premiership.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:46 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Etuhu another eddy everyone thinks he can play but he cant head a ball cant hold it or control it when running another waste of money from the premiership.

is midfielder pretending to play up front , diabolical ! Jones out and Ledley and Bothroyd can f**k off with him !

Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:Etuhu another eddy everyone thinks he can play but he cant head a ball cant hold it or control it when running another waste of money from the premiership.

is midfielder pretending to play up front , diabolical ! Jones out and Ledley and Bothroyd can f**k off with him !

please tell me your joking? he makes us tick. we were shit today without him!

Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:

Jones out and Ledley and Bothroyd can f**k off with him !

:lol:

Sun May 23, 2010 1:20 am

Merlin wrote:Personally I have Never rated Ethuhu, and I am not surprised Man City loaned him out. He's quite frankly f*cking shit.

f*cking right pure shite!!how can he call himself a pro footballer??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 23, 2010 9:46 am

krab wrote:like jay,you have to have a backup for him,someone on the bench and kelvin etuhu is obviously not his replacement, :(

Dave Jones knew this, and a target man was his priority in january when he had been promised the "golden ticket" money

Sun May 23, 2010 10:14 am

I hate to flog a dead horse but we really could have done with Eddie Johnson coming on for Jay yesterday. For all his faults, Eddie could win an aerial ball!

Sun May 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:We need another quality target man to provide competition for Jay and back-up whenever he's injured. Howard would also be my choice but maybe a cheaper opition would be Rob Hulse

Pesonally, I doubt Hulse would come any cheaper than Howard, a target man/striker doesn't come cheap and Hulse has got as much ability as Howard IMO. Shame Josh McGuinness(sp) doesn't have a bit more ability cos he's certainly got the size.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Shame Josh McGuinness(sp) doesn't have a bit more ability cos he's certainly got the size.

I honestly would have had Josh Magennis (had he not been released) on the bench yesterday if it was known Jay was carrying an injury. He played so well against ironically Blackpool for 35mins in January (before he broke his leg) and he has to be a better bet than Etuhu (who has made an impact on the wing at times), but is totally out of his depth as a target man.

Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Etuhu is a winger NOT a target man. he is a winger that cant dribble the ball.

I would like to know who Jones had in mind for a target man in January.

Sun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Etuhu is a winger NOT a target man. he is a winger that cant dribble the ball.

As someone pointed out in a thread this morning, Ridsdale's Golden Ticket Scam came home to roost yesterday once Jay went off.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Etuhu is a winger NOT a target man. he is a winger that cant dribble the ball.

Esactly what i was just going to post. you put david beckham upfront and ask him to header the ball he would be shit aswel.

Hes a winger for christ sake, hes not suppost to be as gd as jay upfront.

Sun May 23, 2010 7:28 pm

tomCCFC wrote:

Esactly what i was just going to post. you put david beckham upfront and ask him to header the ball he would be shit aswel.

Hes a winger for christ sake, hes not suppost to be as gd as jay upfront.

I don't argue with your logic but it is fair to say he is a winger who can't cross either.