Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Mrs goes into labour, quickest Wembley getaway???

Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am

Already gave my seat up for the semi final (the day before the due date) and now the day before the final she is having some pains. I have held onto my ticket as she is due to be induced on Monday, however she wants me to still go as long as I can make a sharp exit if I get "the call"!!! Dont want to miss the birth of my first born, so I ask you fellow bluebirds particularly any big smoke veterans, whats my best plan for Wembley in terms of a sharp exit. I am driving a van of 7 guys. And they are happy making their own way back if I have to leave early. Was thinking of

A. Parking outside my mates house, taxi to Windsor, tube to Paddington, onto Wembley
B. Parking in Harrow on Hill and trains onto Wembley from there.

Any help most appreciated, hope to see you all there!!!
:ayatollah:

Re: If Mrs goes into labour, quickest Wembley getaway???

Fri May 21, 2010 8:54 am

Next time mate, keep the penis in the pants come August/ September time!!! :D

Fri May 21, 2010 9:04 am

Been thinking that!! :ayatollah:

Fri May 21, 2010 9:08 am

risky matey you still dont know if you'll get back in time

i missed my boy being born, one of lifes regrets :(

its a hard call

Fri May 21, 2010 9:19 am

Any chance of bringing her to Wembley? Still tickets going I've heard! :ayatollah:

Fri May 21, 2010 9:36 am

[quote="Zabier"]Any chance of bringing her to Wembley? Still tickets going I've heard! :ayatollah:[/quote

I wish!!!! I have a spare ticket too!!!!

Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 am

Take her with you my boy was due on the FA cup final 18th may , stayed in the wembley plaza some tw*t let the fire alarm off in the morn and she had to walk down about 50 flights of stairs at about 8 in the morn - luckily she lasted the day and he was born a week late on the 26 th :ayatollah:

She would not miss the final for anything lol :D

Fri May 21, 2010 10:09 am

is there any slight chance that you could book a B&B in Wembley and if she didnt want to go to the actaul match at least she wouldn't be far away for you to get to her???? just a thought, it must be a hard decision to make......personally i think if she's having pains now your better off staying with her, as she may go any moment!!! (from another woman's point of view as i have been there and done it 4 times :lol: :lol: ) never on a match day though, mite i just add :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

My good lady is due anytime too. Thought long and hard about what to do but decided to give my tickets to a friend and send her down her mothers while I sit in front of the telly with my nerves and the remote control. 35 years I have been going to watch our famous club but at the age of 43 I wouldnot forgive myself if I missed the birth of my son. My mobile will be on to talk to squashed grapes and lawnmower and they can tell me what Iam missing. God help her if we lose tho, she can stay down her mothers!!!

Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Tell her to take WIFI and a cam - that way you can watch the match and the birth WHAT a result!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: