Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why we cant split from england

Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 am

Vote no to law making powers for the welsh assembly.
The more wales will split from england, then the more reson the welsh hating FA will kick us out of the league. it may be a shame to make premier league only to be kicked out in a few years

Re: Why we cant split from england

Fri May 21, 2010 8:27 am

I think cardiff city actually want to join the english FA. The welsh FA is regarded as a joke to many.

That anti cardiff jerk Alun Evans still even has a influence on their decision making.

Fri May 21, 2010 8:34 am

... also Cardiff were invited to play in the system when the original Football league wanted to expand. At a later date even Aberdare Athletic, & Merthyr Tydfil joined up.So we would never be kicked out.

I heard somewhere that Celtic & Rangers were even offered a place, but declined at the time.

What a load of nonsense

Fri May 21, 2010 10:03 am

The Catalan Region of Spain has far more powers than the Welsh Assembly and yet Barcelona still play in the Spanish system. Countless other clubs like Real Sociadad exist in devolved regions but play in the Spanish leagues.

The principality of Monacco play in the French league.

Closer to home, Derry City from Northern Ireland play in the republic of Ireland, Berwick Rangers from England play in the Scottish system.

In Canada, loads of their leading hockey clubs play in the USA leagues.

Where your club play has feck all to do with how you govern yourself.

In economic terms, Wales is currently up shit creek without a paddle - we need to change things.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:07 am

Joff wrote:... also Cardiff were invited to play in the system when the original Football league wanted to expand. At a later date even Aberdare Athletic, & Merthyr Tydfil joined up.So we would never be kicked out.

I heard somewhere that Celtic & Rangers were even offered a place, but declined at the time.

Wrong.

Prem League is a separate entity to Football League.

Prem League is a closed shop, can actually refuse ANY team the ability to join the Prem. In reality, the FA would face sanctions if they didn't... our historical status is thus an irrelevance.