Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Big bust up today but dave jones stands firm

Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 pm

No he is out of order once again. We were at our best when Blake and Gerard were playing together. Hudson IMO has been poor since he has come back into the squad.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Eddie May wrote:
CCFC1990 wrote:No he is out of order once again. We were at our best when Blake and Gerard were playing together. Hudson IMO has been poor since he has come back into the squad.

Yes but hudson is one of dj's favourites.

And we all know what DJ is like with his favourites no matter how bad they are playing.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 pm

He's spot on, top man.

Manager picks the team, the players should fall in line or fook off.......

Hudson been poor?? He was superb v Leicester away.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Gonzo wrote:He's spot on, top man.

Manager picks the team, the players should fall in line or fook off.......

Yeah he was decent up there but you know it wont belong before he drops a bollock and Saturdays game is not the time for him to do it.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:08 pm

managers pick teams not players, or fans come to that, irrelevent of whats gone in the past.
DJ is the guvner so he makes the call

Thu May 20, 2010 7:09 pm

DJ is our manager and if we win he takes the GLORY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if we loose then he takes the consequences.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Yes but hudson is one of dj's favourites.[/quote]

And we all know what DJ is like with his favourites no matter how bad they are playing.[/quote]

thats where dj lets him self down, but he is the manager, lets hope hudson plays to his best :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

When Hudson plays at his best he is a very good player but he is partial to the odd f**k up.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:12 pm

I know we lost 3-2 in 90 minutes against Leicester, but that was probably one of City's best performances this season.
Some of the football was nothing short of superb.

They've had 10 days to work on the obvious weakness' which is a high ball into the box and i'm sure they've sussed it.
Gerrard wasn't announced 100% fit until 2 days ago, so surely until then, it was always going to be Blake and Hudson?

I'm sorry, but i couldn't drop any of the team that pulled us through the semi-finals and probably gave City's 2 best performances this year.

PS - As a side note, Hudson's distribution is better than Gerrard's.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:14 pm

I do like gerrard

Gerrard & Hudson 4 me

Blake can be a liability

Thu May 20, 2010 7:17 pm

A manager must stand by his decisions,
I personally would prefer Gerrard in the team to Hudson and would definately have picked him but then i can't fault Dave Jones's progress to date. For me Gerrard is a far better footballer and has more to offer than Hudson in every department.
Gerrard was simply showing the passion we want all Bluebirds players to show and it's good to see but i will stand by Jones as he's done a great job so far.
Just my oppinion tho
Good luck and C'mon you Mighty Bluebirds
Jes

Thu May 20, 2010 7:17 pm

Eddie May wrote:Gerard told jones that he wasnt happy that he has not got his place back for the blackpool game, a bit of a heated exchange took place, jones then told him if your not happy find another club, was dj right ?

I think man-management is a large part of a football managers jobs now. The players get contracts on more money than I could dream of and so I think managers need to be more diplomatic. Alienating a player is not good.
A "hard man" approach will work with some players , but will make others rebel. The manager needs to know how to get the best out of a player he is playing/using as sub/not selecting for each game.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Cardiffs run of good form co-incides with a fabulous few weeks for Darcey Blake, He has to play. He has been a revelation in the second half of the season for us. Hudson has been playing well last few games and Gerard has been unfit. Jones calls the shots, He's the manager.

Lets not shoot him down just yet, like Annis says, If he's picked the right side, we are always gonna stand by him, but if Hudson or Blake fucks up then we know what the first thread towards Jones will be on here on Saturday night!

Gerrard just can't expect to Waltz right back into the team after the few games he's had out.... He should earn his place like the rest of the squad have to.

Do you see Burke complaing and moaning at not starting and being subbed? NO!

Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I think he's handled this MUCH BETTER than the Johnson/Purse fiasco pre Preston last year.

Last year, he should've stuck with Purse, rather than an unfit Johnson.
This year, he has stuck with Hudson.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:26 pm

It's because of Gerrard and Blake's partnership we are in this position and looking good
to win games. Yet again, Jones is out of his depth in choosing Hudson. He has proved
time and time again over the last few seasons that he is totally inept at making decisions and/or
changing a game.

Total farce if this is the case. :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 7:27 pm

well at least darcy gets to play as i think hes deserved it lately with his performances,at least hes got some pace which to be fair gerrard and hudson dont have....anyway guys doesnt matter dj picks the team hes the boss and has done a good job also whoever plays regardless we have to support them all,this is no time to be moanig about the team.......im a believer if the team wins you dont change it regardless of injuries and gerrard was out ...simple...and like one post said hes been out for a while and only just got back so how can they plan for things when he aint ready.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Surely Gerrard knew he wouldn't go straight back into the side?

Yes the best partnership is Gerrard/Blake but he has been out for the Semi-Final games and should understand those who have the shirt start.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Surely Gerrard knew he wouldn't go straight back into the side?

Yes the best partnership is Gerrard/Blake but he has been out for the Semi-Final games and should understand those who have the shirt start.

Back to my man-management point , shouldn't DJ point that out to him rather than say find another club ????

It's a big part of football now , man-management, and its gotta be done right.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Surely Gerrard knew he wouldn't go straight back into the side?

Back to my man-management point , shouldn't DJ point that out to him rather than say find another club ????

It's a big part of football now , man-management, and its gotta be done right.

Yep can't argue with that.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:42 pm

yeah maybe true but footballers today behave like kids demanding things if it doesnt go right they mope ...this game is huge so if gerrard has thrown a strop then thats not good before such a big game,he should support dj,s choice ...never know he could end up on the pitch anyway.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DJ is our manager and if we win he takes the GLORY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if we loose then he takes the consequences.

had to swallow hard to post that one annis :lol:

we know you n DJ aint no mates :o

but as you say he will at the end of the day take what ever comes to him through his choices

but as said there should have been a positive chat with gerrard not a negitive one but then who knows how DJ is handling this at the mo maybe hes on the rocks.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

the guy only wants to play football, and a massive game at wembley, wouldn't you want to play? he'll never get a chance like that again

id prefer him over hudson, i bet hudson costs us in wembley

Thu May 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DJ is our manager and if we win he takes the GLORY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if we loose then he takes the consequences.

Agree 100% he stands or falls by the decisions he makes. Gerrard should keep his gob shut. Who is to say Hudson wont get injured in the first few minutes and Gerrard may be called upon to do a job.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Eddie May wrote:Gerard told jones that he wasnt happy that he has not got his place back for the blackpool game, a bit of a heated exchange took place, jones then told him if your not happy find another club, was dj right ?

He was spot on!!

Irrespective of who plays, Jones has to be seen to be running the show. I prefer Gerrard
too, but perhaps the more experienced Hudson is the better choice for Wembley.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

had to swallow hard to post that one annis :lol:

we know you n DJ aint no mates :o

but as you say he will at the end of the day take what ever comes to him through his choices

but as said there should have been a positive chat with gerrard not a negitive one but then who knows how DJ is handling this at the mo maybe hes on the rocks.

:lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 pm

As has been said the manager picks the team, no arguments.

I gotta say I was worried about Gerrard being picked not because of ability but he hasn't played since a calf pull and the game is on one of the worst pitches in the country. What happens if Gerrards calf goes in the 1st half, we're then a sub down and reduces options :?

I think this is safe decision and one that puts us in the best position to have a settled eleven to start and, hopefully, finish the game :ayatollah:

I also agree with others that Hudson's distribution is better than Gerrar or Blake.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Gonzo wrote:

Responsible for two of Leicester's goals in the home game.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Yes he's not good enough for the premiership anyway, DJ's the boss if you don't like it Gerard, do one.........

Thu May 20, 2010 9:37 pm

I feel sorry for Gerard. Hudson, in my opinion, struggles when a big, physical player is up against him. Look at the 2 legs v Leicester. He was MOM when he played against Waghorn, but against Howard, he just crumbled. Gerard is a much more committed player with more guts than Hudson and had achieved an excewllent partnership with Blake

Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Ive never rated Hudson but Im a firm believer of whoever is in posession of the shirt keeps it and Gerrard may not be fit anyway for a full 90 mins . Gyepes I feel sorry for coz he was playing ok til he got sent off ! :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Ive never rated Hudson but Im a firm believer of whoever is in posession of the shirt keeps it and Gerrard may not be fit anyway for a full 90 mins . Gyepes I feel sorry for coz he was playing ok til he got sent off ! :ayatollah:

Yeah, but the sympathy stops there when you rememeber he got sent off for a rugby tackle when our squad was at it thinnest.