Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A MESSAGE FROM THE POLICE

Thu May 20, 2010 3:41 pm

South wales police have been in talks with the motorways highways department and have persuaded them to hold off with the m4 closure Jct 16- Jct 17 (Swindon) untill as late as possible saturday night to allow city fans travelling back from london. this is great news and also the south wales police have asked our site to put the message out.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A MESSAGE FROM THE POLICE

Thu May 20, 2010 3:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:South wales police have been in talks with the motorways highways department and have persuaded them to hold off with the m4 closure untill as late as possible saturday night to allow city fans travelling back from london. this is great news and also the south wales police have asked our site to put the message out.

The jacks are writing to the Highways Authority as we speak.

Along with the FAW, FA, UEFA, BBC & ITV Wales, Radio Wales, Real Radio, Welsh Assembly, Western Mail & Echo, Referees Association and more - we can now add South Wales Police to the list that is so obviously "Cardiff biased".

Cardiff - we get everything :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Yes Great News Carl, it will be kept Open till it starts getting quiter :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Eddie May wrote:I heard the police insisted as they were worried Cardiff fans would stop off at every village/town on their way home.

Lets go f*cking mental,
Lets go f*cking mental,
La la la la ! la la la l a! :lol: :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 4:55 pm

THAT is brill news means i get back to the pub quicker than expected :D

Thanks SWP for having the sense to sort this for us travellers :ayatollah:

Wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 5:11 pm

De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
They're meaningless and all that's true

ok sorry I will get my coat!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Do we have a rough estimate on closure time... just so I know whether it's worth the gamble to speed or not! :P

Thu May 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Great News!! Just hoping we'll be travelling back in celebration rather than commiseration. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

(Might even get back in time to catch the end of some insignificant game happening in Madrid)

Thu May 20, 2010 7:04 pm

it may still affect us i believe were nt leaving till 8, unless thats an estimated time

Fri May 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Eddie May wrote:I heard the police insisted as they were worried Cardiff fans would stop off at every village/town on their way home.

exactly !!! They aint daft

Fri May 21, 2010 8:19 pm