Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stephen Hawking's Universe

Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Great new programme on 9pm every Sunday on the Discovery Channel.

Last week he explained how time slowed down the closer you got to a 'black hole' in space; what he forgot to add was you get the exact same affect the closer you get to a play-off final :lol: Jeepers this has been a long week.....

Re: Stephen Hawking's Universe

Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

:lol:

I thought it was just me :roll: I've gone past nerves now, I can't eat, can't sleep and can't talk about the game anymore :lol: :ayatollah:

I now have the overwhelming feeling of doom starting with the alarm not going off on Saturday, van breaking down, pub not serving anyone over 40, my tix being forgeries (despite buying them from the club :lol: ), teams coming out and Hudson playing upfront due to Jay and Chops being injured ........................ need I go on :roll: :lol:

Will someone please tell me everything is going to be alright :D :ayatollah:

It was much easier when we were crap and never won anything :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 2:22 pm

piledriver64 wrote::lol:

I thought it was just me :roll: I've gone past nerves now, I can't eat, can't sleep and can't talk about the game anymore :lol: :ayatollah:

I now have the overwhelming feeling of doom starting with the alarm not going off on Saturday, van breaking down, pub not serving anyone over 40, my tix being forgeries (despite buying them from the club :lol: ), teams coming out and Hudson playing upfront due to Jay and Chops being injured ........................ need I go on :roll: :lol:

Will someone please tell me everything is going to be alright :D :ayatollah:

It was much easier when we were crap and never won anything :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACqcZZw ... re=related ;)

Thu May 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great new programme on 9pm every Sunday on the Discovery Channel.

Last week he explained how time slowed down the closer you got to a 'black hole' in space; what he forgot to add was you get the exact same affect the closer you get to a play-off final :lol: Jeepers this has been a long week.....

I set that to record on my Sky + and it never!! FFS :x

Thu May 20, 2010 2:50 pm

love the programme, if you travelled in a train and in 1 sec you can go around the world 7 times, then afrter a week on that train, you get off and its 100 years on in the world, so time travel is true , not back but forward :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm

This is still the 2009/10 season yeah? It's just I could swear we've lived through 5 years since that game last Wednesday!

Thu May 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Ben wrote:love the programme, if you travelled in a train and in 1 sec you can go around the world 7 times, then afrter a week on that train, you get off and its 100 years on in the world, so time travel is true , not back but forward :ayatollah:

Ben I think Stephen Hawking based that theory on the valley lines, most services take about 100 years to complete :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Ben wrote:love the programme, if you travelled in a train and in 1 sec you can go around the world 7 times, then afrter a week on that train, you get off and its 100 years on in the world, so time travel is true , not back but forward :ayatollah:

Ben I think Stephen Hawking based that theory on the valley lines, most services take about 100 years to complete :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 7:37 pm

its not time travel its time dilation, the effect of travelling at relativistic speeds
:mrgreen:

Thu May 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Feedback wrote:

its not time travel its time dilation, the effect of travelling at relativistic speeds
:mrgreen:

Oh well that's cleared that one up :? ;)