Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City fever gripping the public

Thu May 20, 2010 11:23 am

I walked up from blackwood library earlier and there is a house flying the city flag from the doorway and I saw at least 5 OR 6 cars driving around with city flags !!! people on the train, people in work, the lads in the pub are only talking about ONE THING AND THATS CARDIFF CITY , I think the exposure we are getting is incredible and possibly seems larger than the cup final !!! what s it like where you live are people focusing on the CITY :ayatollah:

Re: City fever gripping the public

Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

In school the other day after we beat Leicester, all the teachers were talking about was Cardiff even the bloody women, half of them dont give to fucks about football but was great to hear.

WEMBLEY WEMBLEY WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY AND WERE OFF TO WEMBLEY!!

Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

I'm working in heathrow at the moment and people up here are asking questions about us, where I now live in Chepstow I'm seeing more city shirts than ever about even with the kids.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I walked up from blackwood library earlier and there is a house flying the city flag from the doorway and I saw at least 5 OR 6 cars driving around with city flags !!! people on the train, people in work, the lads in the pub are only talking about ONE THING AND THATS CARDIFF CITY , I think the exposure we are getting is incredible and possibly seems larger than the cup final !!! what s it like where you live are people focusing on the CITY :ayatollah:

Good stuff to see around Blackwood.

There are quite a few city fans around.

A lot of young people like city 13-17 year olds always fill up the train home after the game :ayatollah:

what is more encouraging is the number of kids with city tops going to football training and wearing them in p.e. :ayatollah:

If we get to the premiership it could spell the end for Liverpool tops in this area :D

Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Every where I have been today , people I have never met before have all been either asking me how I think we will do or telling me how they are getting up there.The Excitement and Joy in Everyone one has been Superb. Football Can really Bring Life to a City or in Our Case South Wales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Loads of people here in Derby are wishing us luck. We did them all a favour by knocking out Leicester. :lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Am I the only one annoyed by it?

Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 pm

i did a delivery in trecenydd the other day n i have decorated my car with a scarf on parcel shelf a flag jus saying cardiff city haning accross my back seats and my wembley cup final flag. i pulled into the street and there was loads of kids playing on the street i slowed down and 1 of the girls shouts out this guys a cardiff fan then about 12 kids all stood on the side of the street singing you are my cardiff to me i took the delivery went to the bottom of the street to turn around and by the time i had got bak to the top of the street they all had their parents out and mustve been about 20 people all standing in the street waving city flags. it was quite a site to be fair and made me feel good having that good of a reception i know people like pizza but never had a reception that good before i decorated my car

Thu May 20, 2010 4:46 pm

WAS THIS YOU?

yesterday on the A470 Northbound at the Caerphilly junction - in what looked like a grey Focus C-max or S-max. flying the flag!

Today on Bridgend (J46 M4) Roundabout - a silver Focus T reg 99 flying the flag on the car as well! approx 12.20pm

Tend to spot alot of this kind of stuff - seeing as im driving around south wales delivering in my lorry.

If i see anymore - I'll try remember to post it up! :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

I have seen lots of car flags in the Vale its great !!!!

Thu May 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about! :D

Thu May 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Zabier wrote:Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about! :D

:evil: GRRRRR!

:lol:

Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Only joking! I'm so excited I'm having (wet) dreams where I score the winning goal!!! :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 pm

I've been at the cricket last few days. A lot of the spectators, the players and even one of the umpires were talking about it. Even the Glamorgan CExe was interviewed yesterday and spent most of his time talking about Cardiff City!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 7:20 pm

loadsa car flags around fairwater, pentrabane and trmeorfa today.... every car got a beep and :ayatollah: :ayatollah: from e :D

Thu May 20, 2010 7:28 pm

i sit in a large open plan office and share a pod with a city fan from pencoed, every now and then we pop out of our pod and start to sing to each of the departments to do the :ayatollah: ,
if they do they get a weyhey and a clap if they dont they get a boooooooooooooooooo.

fare play its catching on more and more joining everytime.

tomorrows gonna be mental :D

Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I've never seen so many city tops in aberystwyth as i have this last week. I know of at least 12 boys from Aberystwyth going to wembley this weekend.. :ayatollah:

Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm

2 huge flags up in Maesycwmmer !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: