Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STILL PLAYS ON MY MIND!...

Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

STILL PLAYS ON MY MIND…

…Back when I was in school, coming from a SA1 area code, most of my mates were either Jacks, Egg-Chasers or Glory hunters who only ever wore the reversible Manchester United away kit to PE to look good.

Was in Year 9, sitting in art class, teacher stood at the front of the room and told us to draw something which meant something to us so we could put it on the front of our folders. Many of the boys in the class drew their Favourite team badges, Manchester United, Liverpool, and the odd Arsenal badge.

I used to sit next to a Jack, who also supported Liverpool so he didn’t miss out on the action during PE or in class. I drew the old City Badge (Sam Hammam Era), stuck it on my folder. Was landed with what I just drew and proud to have it there.

The next day I came into school, was one of the last people walking into art that day. Sat in my usual seat, looking for my folder, not there. Asked around, no one knew where it was. Teacher asked me what it looked like. Told her it had a Cardiff Badge on the front, her reply “Cardiff have a football team?”

The class just laughed, and out came the folder, with the badge ripped off the front. All day I had abuse, “Cardiff are Sh*t”, “support a proper team” ect. Looking back now, it doesn’t seem so bad, but it still plays on my mind. Where are them Glory supporting “fans” who abused me for weeks for wearing a City shirt to PE, and for drawing that badge?

I tell you where… Texting me constantly asking me to get tickets for them. Stick to your English teams, and I’ll stick to the one team I’m proud to support, but not for all the glory, and not for all the celebrations after this season, but for every happy moment this club has given me. It may be hard work supporting a club which you do not know will be secure in the week or so, but it’s worth it.

ALWAYS PROUD TO BE A CARDIFF FAN!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: STILL PLAYS ON MY MIND!...

Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm

What school did you go to mate?

Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 pm

that story has wound me up even more tonight, i need to go on a rampage :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:34 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:What school did you go to mate?

Went to Cymmer Afan Comp, Upper Afan Valley.
Port Talbot's smallest school, with only 360 pupils.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Sandfields Comprehensive, Port Talbots finest. :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:36 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:

Ahh right i know a couple of boys who went to Ystalyfera from out your way.

Ysgol gyfun Ystalyfera for me. Even if it was a 45 minute bus journey :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:

Ahh right i know a couple of boys who went to Ystalyfera from out your way.

Ysgol gyfun Ystalyfera for me. Even if it was a 45 minute bus journey :ayatollah:

One of the boys who I go down the City with went there. Used to speak fluent but has forgotten alot. Works in Corus now.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Is that Simon Gibbs by any chance?

Wed May 19, 2010 8:45 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:Is that Simon Gibbs by any chance?

Haha. how you know him? Legend of a boy. :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:
CCFC1990 wrote:Is that Simon Gibbs by any chance?

Haha. how you know him? Legend of a boy. :ayatollah:

I was in school with him, he is a couple of years older than me but was on the same bus. Yeah he is a really nice lad :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 8:50 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:that story has wound me up even more tonight, i need to go on a rampage :lol:

Calm down, Baz.

Your best mate from Eastenders won an award tonight...Siyed :ayatollah: