Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE MUD WILL BE SLUNG AND MUD STICKS

Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 am

Very interesting reading, cheers Carl.

Thu May 20, 2010 4:09 pm

kavanagh wrote:Serious side to this is a certain person tried telling us all this,but by hacking Ridsdales personal emails probably went about it the wrong way but i for one would like to see this guy reinstated!! :| :|

And you know it was him who actually did it do you? Mud really does stick doesn't it. So getting arrested for something means you're guilty does it? The easiest targets are not always the right targets you know. Think about this - What if he wasn't the one that did it? What if he is innocent as he's claimed throughout?

Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:in the very near future on Peter Ridsdale. People want the truth to be told on him and will be breaking their silence.

I am not being negative, now of all times, but believe it is right and proper that you all know of some of the things that have been going on at our club because it is coming out soon enough in the press anyhow.

Peter Ridsdale took a loan out of £3.8million, using the players as collatarel, that neither Borley or Guy knew about and this was one of the things that Paul Guy was gobsmacked about when I told you that M+A Solicitors had instructed Gambit to do a report on the clubs finances. The loan was to keep the club afloat prior to the season ticket scam.

Peter Ridsdale up until November of last year was being flown by helicopter from Cardiff Heliport to Robin Hood Airport, Doncaster for 3 years after every home game and back again on a Monday morning at a cost of approximately £5000 per return journey.

Peter Ridsdale released his book telling of his time at Leeds Utd and it is true that all the printing costs were picked up by Cardiff CIty FC.

These are the tip of the iceberg and more and more will come out from June onwards.

How much did this man actually cost our club, you take his wages, bonuses, and other expenses including those mentioned above plus the ones that will come out in due course then we are talking millions. I am glad this club is getting rid once and for all.

Carl

I think you know that I was aware of the loan secured against the players discovered by Gambit. I n the past I have been critical of the other directors and major shareholders giving too much power to get away with such things , but in this case he has clearly taken advantage of the fact that any single director is deemed by the other party to the contract to have the power to enter into such transactions aqnd to assume that it is a board decision (it obviously waasn`t and wouldn`t have been allowed if the others had known).

I knew nothing though about those helicopter flights or Steve Davies` claim about the Cancer charity missing out on the book revenues - I think its the latter that disgusts me the most on the personal front - how could the man do such a thing (allegedly) when his own parents suffered from cancer?

Months ago at the Muni (you were there) I commented about the public pronouncements that would be made at the time of PR`s departure and that seems to be what is actually happening at the moment - a sort of exchange of a saving in costs of exiting him for a saving of "face" on the other side. Its refreshing to see that this may change in the near future.

Keith

Thu May 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I am told that his severance package will include funds enabling him to pay his personal tax bill.

IT STINKS !!

Thu May 20, 2010 5:53 pm

ridofrid wrote:And Cardiff City Council wouldn't investigate the golden ticket scam, it just goes to show how these people stick together.This is why joe public is fed up with these so called leaders

i agree, i'm also shocked the police/trading standards did not investigate the golden ticket scam
it was a blatant con
most of the stuff on Watchdog is child's play compared to that yet NOTHING has been done

Thu May 20, 2010 6:40 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
kavanagh wrote:Serious side to this is a certain person tried telling us all this,but by hacking Ridsdales personal emails probably went about it the wrong way but i for one would like to see this guy reinstated!! :| :|

And you know it was him who actually did it do you? Mud really does stick doesn't it. So getting arrested for something means you're guilty does it? The easiest targets are not always the right targets you know. Think about this - What if he wasn't the one that did it? What if he is innocent as he's claimed throughout?

the person initially accused was not the culprit according to the police investigation but was still someone in the club.
why this has gone quiet i dont know but perhaps certain people did not want it brought into the public domain as it would have opened a proverbial can of worms

Thu May 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Erm.... has anyone who bought the golden scam ticket actually contacted trading standards?
they are duty bound to investigate, and if theres enough mud there, they will pass it on to
the fraud squad

Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 pm

taffyapple wrote:Erm.... has anyone who bought the golden scam ticket actually contacted trading standards?
they are duty bound to investigate, and if theres enough mud there, they will pass it on to
the fraud squad

taffy

we shall all have to wait until everything is ratified at the egm and then we will begin to see the skeletons falling out of the cupboards

Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Eddie May wrote:I know 2 people who have and they have started to take action :ayatollah:

Eddie, this is positive news
I know several people who complained back in Feb and NOTHING happened

Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I complained in Feb and was told that it was pointless complaining as nothing would be done because of political pressure from above. I sent an e-mail to Rodney Berman who denied that this would be the case and referred me to a senior member of the trading standards team and have had nothing but obstruction ever since.
I was told that I was the only one that had complained and when I told them later that I would seek the number of complainants under the freedom of information act was then told that there was one other but they now had dropped their complaint.
They simply don't want to look into the matter and when I enquired what the progress was on their inquiry they stated that as there were not sufficient complainants they had not started.

There are people that obviously don't want this to proceed, its a disgrace.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:36 pm

ridofrid wrote:I complained in Feb and was told that it was pointless complaining as nothing would be done because of political pressure from above. I sent an e-mail to Rodney Berman who denied that this would be the case and referred me to a senior member of the trading standards team and have had nothing but obstruction ever since.
I was told that I was the only one that had complained and when I told them later that I would seek the number of complainants under the freedom of information act was then told that there was one other but they now had dropped their complaint.
They simply don't want to look into the matter and when I enquired what the progress was on their inquiry they stated that as there were not sufficient complainants they had not started.

There are people that obviously don't want this to proceed, its a disgrace.

couldn't agree more

Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Not a surprise that he mortgaged the players really. Hid did just that at Leeds United on a much grander scale i.e In their Premiership and Champions' League semi-final heyday of 2000-2001, Leeds, according to Ridsdale's famous admission, "lived the dream", borrowing £60m from financial institutions and £22m from Registered European Football Finance in sale and leaseback arrangements on their players, to buy stars and pay galactic wages for an assault on sustained European success. Having failed to qualify for the Champions' League by a single place in 2001 and 2002, Leeds found they had very much less money coming in than draining out; they lost £34m in 2002, then £50m in 2003.

Why oh why when this is common knowledge in the world of football was he ever allowed back into football? He then went on to do similar at Barnsley and again got off lightly. He then made yet another comeback with us and yet the directors and major sghareholders of our club did not see fit to keep a close eye on him with that track record - beggars belief. It seems we are very fortunate the Maslaysians stayed interested because without them on this occasion he would have lived the dream alright and delivered the nightmare. He must not leave our club with a clean slate to do the same to some other unsuspecting football club. All the gory details MUST come out.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:07 pm

taffyapple wrote:Erm.... has anyone who bought the golden scam ticket actually contacted trading standards?
the fraud squad

As others have mentioned taffyapple it is not quite that simple. I know the trading standards from old and it has always been a case that they will jump all over a small corner shop, but go missing in action if they have to stand up to corporate giant or local authority.

There are too many people with too much influence involved in the Golden Ticket Fiasco for them to go anywhere near launching a proper investigation.

However, I still thought long and hard about making a formal complaint, I even thought of going straight to the Police and making a formal allegation that I had been defrauded along with 10,000 others.

The trouble is you need hard evidence. The fact that something is 'common knowledge' is not enough you need hard documentary or witness evidence that ‘intent’ exists and Ridsdale gained personally from it.

Also there was the consideration that the club would be punished once Ridsdale has gone. How would I feel if the club lost millions of pounds to fines and TG was dragged into Ridsdale murky actions? That was a distinct possibility as TG was a director of the club from November 2009 and so in theory could have got caught up in his mess.

For something like this to succeed we need direct evidence that Ridsdale acted alone and the other directors are not culpable by the failure to control him. I doubt that evidence exists, but if it does it won't be us lowly fans who bring him to justice, although there is nothing stopping us from telling the rest of the world about it.

Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 pm

since62 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:in the very near future on Peter Ridsdale. People want the truth to be told on him and will be breaking their silence.

I am not being negative, now of all times, but believe it is right and proper that you all know of some of the things that have been going on at our club because it is coming out soon enough in the press anyhow.

Peter Ridsdale took a loan out of £3.8million, using the players as collatarel, that neither Borley or Guy knew about and this was one of the things that Paul Guy was gobsmacked about when I told you that M+A Solicitors had instructed Gambit to do a report on the clubs finances. The loan was to keep the club afloat prior to the season ticket scam.

Peter Ridsdale up until November of last year was being flown by helicopter from Cardiff Heliport to Robin Hood Airport, Doncaster for 3 years after every home game and back again on a Monday morning at a cost of approximately £5000 per return journey.

Peter Ridsdale released his book telling of his time at Leeds Utd and it is true that all the printing costs were picked up by Cardiff CIty FC.

These are the tip of the iceberg and more and more will come out from June onwards.

How much did this man actually cost our club, you take his wages, bonuses, and other expenses including those mentioned above plus the ones that will come out in due course then we are talking millions. I am glad this club is getting rid once and for all.

Carl

I think you know that I was aware of the loan secured against the players discovered by Gambit. I n the past I have been critical of the other directors and major shareholders giving too much power to get away with such things , but in this case he has clearly taken advantage of the fact that any single director is deemed by the other party to the contract to have the power to enter into such transactions aqnd to assume that it is a board decision (it obviously waasn`t and wouldn`t have been allowed if the others had known).

I knew nothing though about those helicopter flights or Steve Davies` claim about the Cancer charity missing out on the book revenues - I think its the latter that disgusts me the most on the personal front - how could the man do such a thing (allegedly) when his own parents suffered from cancer?

Months ago at the Muni (you were there) I commented about the public pronouncements that would be made at the time of PR`s departure and that seems to be what is actually happening at the moment - a sort of exchange of a saving in costs of exiting him for a saving of "face" on the other side. Its refreshing to see that this may change in the near future.

Keith

I keep hearing that Paul Guy and the other directors are shocked by what they have found.

In that case why on earth hasn't PR been sacked or at the very least suspended????

Surely if nhe has misled the major shareholders or the board as much as is being said they could avoid having to pay him anything?

Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 pm

steve davies wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:

the person initially accused was not the culprit according to the police investigation but was still someone in the club.
why this has gone quiet i dont know but perhaps certain people did not want it brought into the public domain as it would have opened a proverbial can of worms

So what you are saying then Steve is Ridsdale put that guy and his family through hell for fuckk all then? :evil:

Fri May 21, 2010 2:17 pm

"steve davies"][TheOutsider"kavanagh"]Serious side to this is a certain person tried telling us all this,but by hacking Ridsdales personal emails probably went about it the wrong way but i for one would like to see this guy reinstated!!

And you know it was him who actually did it do you? Mud really does stick doesn't it. So getting arrested for something means you're guilty does it? The easiest targets are not always the right targets you know. Think about this - What if he wasn't the one that did it? What if he is innocent as he's claimed throughout

why this has gone quiet i dont know but perhaps certain people did not want it brought into the public domain as it would have opened a proverbial can of worms[/quote]

So what you are saying then Steve is Ridsdale put that guy and his family through hell for fuckk all then? :evil:[/quote][/quote]

When did ridsdale ever give a shit for anyone but himself.
he dosent care who he accuses or sacks from their jobs because ultimatly the club ends up footing the bill for his actions
jason turner being a classic example of that.