Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone on here in RAF?

Tue May 18, 2010 11:00 pm

just wondering if your allowed to join if you have a reprimand. i applied and have just been told that i will have my tests within the next few weeks to try and join as a mechanical engineer. i was wondering if the reprimand would affect my chances of joining. cheers

Re: anyone on here in RAF?

Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 pm

bloobird_james wrote:just wondering if your allowed to join if you have a reprimand. i applied and have just been told that i will have my tests within the next few weeks to try and join as a mechanical engineer. i was wondering if the reprimand would affect my chances of joining. cheers

PM Maccydee, he's in the RAF.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:09 pm

ok cheers mate

Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 am

What trade you thinking of doing? I'm in the army and i think they look at each case individually. Ive known decisions to go either way...

Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 am

I was in the RAF but I joined in 1983 and when u join up there is something about " Spent Convictions " and terms of , u need to check up on them mate with the recruiting office . They will tell u best coz I got in with a very minor conviction against my name but it was " Spent " in the eyes of the RAF entry conditions :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 7:06 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I was in the RAF but I joined in 1983 and when u join up there is something about " Spent Convictions " and terms of , u need to check up on them mate with the recruiting office . They will tell u best coz I got in with a very minor conviction against my name but it was " Spent " in the eyes of the RAF entry conditions :ayatollah:

It was very similar in the Army when I joined up in 1979.

'Spent' convictions were usually ignored but anyone under a bender or conditional discharge might have problems because the Army were concerned that the civilian authorities could take you away from duty.

I doubt a reprimand would be a bar to entry to the RAF but it might stop you applying for some jobs like intelligence based or a commission ;)

Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 am

You shouldn't have any problems at all mate.

Should you need a DV (Developed Venting) post you may have problems, depending on what you was done for.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I was in the RAF but I joined in 1983 and when u join up there is something about " Spent Convictions " and terms of , u need to check up on them mate with the recruiting office . They will tell u best coz I got in with a very minor conviction against my name but it was " Spent " in the eyes of the RAF entry conditions :ayatollah:

Nawtee boy :shock: :shock: :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

ha ha , dont ask it was when I was very young and influential :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:23 am

its for aircraft technician (mechanical). i just phoned the careers offfice and they told me it wont be a problem :D the reprimand was for drinking in the stand at plymouth this season

Wed May 19, 2010 9:25 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

ha ha , dont ask it was when I was very young and influential :lol:

:lol: I think we've all been there and done that. You should hear what I've been up to in my younger, wilder days

Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

bloobird_james wrote:its for aircraft technician (mechanical). i just phoned the careers offfice and they told me it wont be a problem :D the reprimand was for drinking in the stand at plymouth this season

my god such a crime drinking in the stand :lol: well done fellah and hope u get in . I had 12 years service and loved it ! :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:29 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
bloobird_james wrote:its for aircraft technician (mechanical). i just phoned the careers offfice and they told me it wont be a problem :D the reprimand was for drinking in the stand at plymouth this season

my god such a crime drinking in the stand :lol: well done fellah and hope u get in . I had 12 years service and loved it ! :ayatollah:

cheers mate :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:39 am

bloobird_james wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

cheers mate :ayatollah:

I was a ground radar electronics techie , more money than mechs get mate ;)

Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

You'll enjoy it James. Best decision I ever made.

Been in 18 years now and still enjoying myself ;)

Good luck with it all fella :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 9:51 am

I was a ground radar electronics techie , more money than mechs get mate ;)[/quote]
is that avionics? i put that as my second choice

Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 am

KyleV wrote:You'll enjoy it James. Best decision I ever made.

Been in 18 years now and still enjoying myself ;)

Good luck with it all fella :ayatollah:

cheers :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

bloobird_james wrote:I was a ground radar electronics techie , more money than mechs get mate ;)

is that avionics? i put that as my second choice[/quote]

Avionics is electronics but on the aircraft only as opposed to basic electronic systems that are well away from the planes , if that makes sense ?

Wed May 19, 2010 10:58 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
bloobird_james wrote:I was a ground radar electronics techie , more money than mechs get mate ;)

is that avionics? i put that as my second choice

Avionics is electronics but on the aircraft only as opposed to basic electronic systems that are well away from the planes , if that makes sense ?[/quote]
ye i get it :D

Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Techs ay? Scum of the forces :lol:

Nah, a top choice i'd say. :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Carl_Dales_Left_boot wrote:Techs ay? Scum of the forces :lol:

Nah, a top choice i'd say. :ayatollah:

cheeky fucka :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:59 pm

:lol: i passed my apptitude tests on wednesday and got an interview in 3 weeks time :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Good luck for the interview. Make sure you read up on where we British Forces are currently. They like you to have an interest in some of the ops we are on at the moment. Also have some sort of idea where you are going to go after your recruit training etc. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm patronising you but wear a suit and look smart. You would be surprised at some of the idiots who turn up looking like scruffy twats and don't get a second look.

Any other questions please feel free to pm or email me neilmac28@hotmail.co.uk.

Regards

Neil

Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm

maccydee wrote:Good luck for the interview. Make sure you read up on where we British Forces are currently. They like you to have an interest in some of the ops we are on at the moment. Also have some sort of idea where you are going to go after your recruit training etc. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm patronising you but wear a suit and look smart. You would be surprised at some of the idiots who turn up looking like scruffy twats and don't get a second look.

Any other questions please feel free to pm or email me neilmac28@hotmail.co.uk.

Regards

Neil

cheers neil! :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 am

just watch your ass young man iv heard them raf sought are a right jolly bunch,no all the best mate youll be ok just dont phone me at 12 in the night to pick you up,remember plymouth last season the answer next time will be f**k off catch the train,dont forget to stand with your back against the wall in the shower and dont pick up the soap. :lol: :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 9:38 am

beaky wrote:just watch your ass young man iv heard them raf sought are a right jolly bunch,no all the best mate youll be ok just dont phone me at 12 in the night to pick you up,remember plymouth last season the answer next time will be f**k off catch the train,dont forget to stand with your back against the wall in the shower and dont pick up the soap. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like borstal :lol:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 am

Yep we f**k newbies asses then don't even call them. That's how we roll.

Sat May 29, 2010 1:10 pm

beaky wrote:just watch your ass young man iv heard them raf sought are a right jolly bunch,no all the best mate youll be ok just dont phone me at 12 in the night to pick you up,remember plymouth last season the answer next time will be f**k off catch the train,dont forget to stand with your back against the wall in the shower and dont pick up the soap. :lol: :lol:

nice one butt :D