Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I REALLY FEEL FOR THEM/GUTTED

Tue May 18, 2010 4:51 pm

While We Celebrate Merthyr Tydfil are Def going to Loose their Ground after over a 100 years there. The Administrators have been Bastards to Deal with and I have tried but they are letting Property Developers get their hands on it, yet I reckon they wont get planning permission.

Link here http://www.themartyrs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=634 :evil:

Re: I REALLY FEEL FOR THEM/GUTTED

Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm

bummer
gutted for them

Tue May 18, 2010 7:33 pm

I posted this a couple of days ago annis but I have since learned its not definate yet.. its probable but not deff.
Likley places to play is ebbw vale or treforest.. just short train/bus rides away but loosing pp will be horrible.. Love that ground..
I feel for the week in week out fans

Tue May 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I posted this a couple of days ago annis but I have since learned its not definate yet.. its probable but not deff.
Likley places to play is ebbw vale or treforest.. just short train/bus rides away but loosing pp will be horrible.. Love that ground..
I feel for the week in week out fans

I Spoke to Anthony the Merthyr Sec and he thinks its Def.

Tue May 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Sad affair - but $$$$$$ always comes into it!

Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm sad to hear this, as I used to work for Merthyr Tydfil Council in the eighties and helped install the flood lighting for the Atalanta game in the Cup Winner's Cup.

I've also played at Pennydarren Park, a great little stadium, and as you say, the ground has a great history. :(