Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MY FORWARD TO MY NEW BOOK " "SAM HAMMAM"

Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

After Sam had written My Forword for My new Book out later This Year "I LEFT MY HEART AT NINIAN PARK"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-My-Heart-N ... 412&sr=8-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sam sent me a text

Annis, It meant a lot to me writing your forword,very dear & fond memories came rushing back. I feel like I am with you all & never left-not even for one minute. I am just behind the door or wall.One day in some way I will return to my Valleys and my friends. In the meanttime I will continue to do the right,but painful thing and that is to stay in temporary exile and that is to temporary "lie doggo"

Can you all honestly tell me Sam Never or Doesnt Care for OUR CLUB. Will the Riddler Care about us 3 years after he has gone.

Re: " MY FORWARD TO MY NEW BOOK " "SAM HAMMAM"

Tue May 18, 2010 3:40 pm

the man is a legend and always will be in my eyes. really hope he comes back to the club in some way.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:42 pm

jamieccfc wrote:the man is a legend and always will be in my eyes. really hope he comes back to the club in some way.

Terry Philips actually just admitted Virtually the same to me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I can't wait to read the book Annis, especially the chapter you've lovingly written about me :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I can't wait to read the book Annis, especially the chapter you've lovingly written about me :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After Sam had written My Forword for My new Book out later This Year "I LEFT MY HEART AT NINIAN PARK"

Sam sent me a text

Annis, It meant a lot to me writing your forword,very dear & fond memories came rushing back. I feel like I am with you all & never left-not even for one minute. I am just behind the door or wall.One day in some way I will return to my Valleys and my friends. In the meanttime I will continue to do the right,but painful thing and that is to stay in temporary exile and that is to temporary "lie doggo"

Can you all honestly tell me Sam Never or Doesnt Care for OUR CLUB. Will the Riddler Care about us 3 years after he has gone.

Annis, Sam will know that there will always be a welcome for him in the valleys and when we get promoted then the hard work starts, that is not THE DREAM.

THE DREAM is taking us to the top end of the Premier League and challenging with the big 4. We must believe and this country must believe.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Wahay! The man practically ruined our club! But what the hell, lets invote him back to the board and give him a second chance at bankrupting us.

I respect he is your friend Annis, and I absolutely loved the man when he was here and was gutted at the way things turned out.....but i'm sorry, he doesn't deserve a second chance in football, let alone our club.

I believe that Sam did alot more damage than Ridsdale. And it kinda hurts saying that, because Sam seemed to be one of us. He gelled with the fans and really got us involved.

Its like your other half cheating on you I guess. You think of the good times you had and how much you loved them, but at the same time, you can't forgive them for what they did.

I will never hate Sam, but I don't want him any where near my club again. Well, unless he's there to just watch a game.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:58 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:Wahay! The man practically ruined our club! But what the hell, lets invote him back to the board and give him a second chance at bankrupting us.

I respect he is your friend Annis, and I absolutely loved the man when he was here and was gutted at the way things turned out.....but i'm sorry, he doesn't deserve a second chance in football, let alone our club.

I believe that Sam did alot more damage than Ridsdale. And it kinda hurts saying that, because Sam seemed to be one of us. He gelled with the fans and really got us involved.

Its like your other half cheating on you I guess. You think of the good times you had and how much you loved them, but at the same time, you can't forgive them for what they did.

I will never hate Sam, but I don't want him any where near my club again. Well, unless he's there to just watch a game.

Its Not about Sam being My Friend, its about WHAT SAM DID FOR CARDIFF CITY, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU COMPARE OR EVEN MENTION HIS NAME WITH THAT VILE MAN RIDSDALE.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

really looking forward to this Annis. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Looking forward to reading the new book and it must have been a privilege to have Sam to do the Foreward, top bloke and started the ball rolling for what we have e.g the stadium and what we have achieved. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Annis, perhaps you should read my post again. Read the part after I mention he's your friend. Don't quite understand why you got so annoyed about it? Just expressing my opinion mate.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:09 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:Annis, perhaps you should read my post again. Read the part after I mention he's your friend. Don't quite understand why you got so annoyed about it? Just expressing my opinion mate.

The prob is I know the Truth and The real Facts. No probs its Your Opinion :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:really looking forward to this Annis. :ayatollah:

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:11 pm

nobby wrote:Looking forward to reading the new book and it must have been a privilege to have Sam to do the Foreward, top bloke and started the ball rolling for what we have e.g the stadium and what we have achieved. :ayatollah:

Cheers Dai, I feel Very privileged :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Perhaps I put it in the wrong way. I absolutely loved Sam, just don't think I could ever forgive him and I think we should all move on. If I ever saw him, I would buy him a drink, but I don't think I could welcome him back with open arms.

Luckily, with these Malaysians seem to be the real deal and yet another chapter is written in the CCFC book. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:14 pm

TrecynonBlue wrote:Perhaps I put it in the wrong way. I absolutely loved Sam, just don't think I could ever forgive him and I think we should all move on. If I ever saw him, I would buy him a drink, but I don't think I could welcome him back with open arms.

Luckily, with these Malaysians seem to be the real deal and yet another chapter is written in the CCFC book. :ayatollah:

I understand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:After Sam had written My Forword for My new Book out later This Year "I LEFT MY HEART AT NINIAN PARK"

Sam sent me a text

Nice words from Sam .......... nice to hear the mention of "temporary" exile.

And , Riddler won't care about us 3 seconds after he has gone !!! Infact , has he ever cared ??? (Apart from about himself?)

Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Forgive him for what? please elaborate,

Tue May 18, 2010 10:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Forgive him for what? please elaborate,

Langstone and £24mil of debt I would imagine most fans are thinking of there , Black Friday and the quick fire transfers to stop our club being wound up are another ? Sam sold us the DREAM ( he also sold our " crown jewels " ) and the stadium was his baby but I for 1 was pissed off when he was forced to quit over the issue of Cardiff Blues RFC having to share the stadium or basically we dont get a stadium so well done Sam for standing your ground , but I can see Trecynon Blue's point of view here and it aint a dig at Sam at all but at his financial suicide at trying to run CCFC . Indeed it was Sam who employed Ridsdale and then Sam went and Riddler got his feet under the table and the rest is now history with Riddler making more of a financial mess but well done to Sam for negotiating the reduction of the Langstone debt !

I appreciate that Sam is a close friend to many on this forum especially the ex RAM boys but I gather he is also hated by some people as much as we ALL hate the Riddler .............. but as keeps being mentioned time and time again on this forum " 1 day the truth will come out . " Maybe also 1 day we will find out why Borley didnt approve or back Annis's vote of no confidence at the Shareholders meeting too ? But Borley has got what I havnt and thats money Im afraid and yes he's pumped millions into the club he loves just as anybody else with similar financial clout would do too ....... but its time for change with new owners and a new board and I welcome Gethin Jenkins in for starters and I look forward to TG and his new regime with or without Borley , without Riddler and its up to TG I guess as to whether Sam gets back on board or not ? Decision time is providing we go up do we pay off Langstone ( Sam ) or swap the money owed to him for shares and a seat on the board ?

Onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm

a1 in my book ,always was :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Sam sent me a text

Should be a good book, just ordered shattered dreams for my next holiday !!!

No offence, but you look a bit like Vinnie Jones on the cover of that book.....

Tue May 18, 2010 10:41 pm

And where do you think the 24 million pound debt came from, fast expensive cars and huge wages for his cronies, no wrong fella. Black Friday, was that the day he was forced to sell one player to raise the money needed to keep us in business, heaven forbid selling players to keep us going.How much of the money was wasted, academy, planning application, feasibility studies for the new stadium, architects, designers,players such as Kav, thorney , gabby etc, possibly trying to rush us through the divisions, didn't hear too many of us grumbling at the time when we had someone doing what we had dreamt of for years.

Selling off our Crown Jewels, ours? did you buy them then, because I thought he had, and if its your business don't you buy and sell things to keep it going. And what about the 25 million pounds worth of talent he left here and has been sold off since, that alone pays off the 24 million pound debt, and there are still some like Ledly who still haven't been sold yet they were brought to the club by Sam.

When Sam was pushed out, we were top of the Championhip and seven points clear, with the team he had put together, we were promised the players we needed in January by the new mega rich Hedge fund investors who never materialsied remember.

The financial suicide you talk about is in my eyes a gamble that any club must take to move forward in football, sometimes it don't come off, that's why they call it a gamble, we could always take the prudent Swansea type approach and pay below avergae wages, and only free transfres, never take the risks and just tread water hoping that luck will shine on us occasionally and we don't get relegated and even if we are really lucky possibly push for a prmotion every decade or so.

I know which choice I would take evry time,AND RIGHT OR WRONG IT WOULD BE THE HAVE A GO FOR IT AND GAMBLE.

EITHER WAY, WITHOUT HIS SHOT AT IT, WE WOULDN'T BE WHERE WE ARE NOW.

Tue May 18, 2010 10:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:And where do you think the 24 million pound debt came from, fast expensive cars and huge wages for his cronies, no wrong fella. Black Friday, was that the day he was forced to sell one player to raise the money needed to keep us in business, heaven forbid selling players to keep us going.How much of the money was wasted, academy, planning application, feasibility studies for the new stadium, architects, designers,players such as Kav, thorney , gabby etc, possibly trying to rush us through the divisions, didn't hear too many of us grumbling at the time when we had someone doing what we had dreamt of for years.

Selling off our Crown Jewels, ours? did you buy them then, because I thought he had, and if its your business don't you buy and sell things to keep it going. And what about the 25 million pounds worth of talent he left here and has been sold off since, that alone pays off the 24 million pound debt, and there are still some like Ledly who still haven't been sold yet they were brought to the club by Sam.

When Sam was pushed out, we were top of the Championhip and seven points clear, with the team he had put together, we were promised the players we needed in January by the new mega rich Hedge fund investors who never materialsied remember.

The financial suicide you talk about is in my eyes a gamble that any club must take to move forward in football, sometimes it don't come off, that's why they call it a gamble, we could always take the prudent Swansea type approach and pay below avergae wages, and only free transfres, never take the risks and just tread water hoping that luck will shine on us occasionally and we don't get relegated and even if we are really lucky possibly push for a prmotion every decade or so.

I know which choice I would take evry time,AND RIGHT OR WRONG IT WOULD BE THE HAVE A GO FOR IT AND GAMBLE.

EITHER WAY, WITHOUT HIS SHOT AT IT, WE WOULDN'T BE WHERE WE ARE NOW.

Most people who met Sam liked him and he did want the best for the club IMO.

He set up the Academy well, and that has already started to produce outstanding players, just as he did at Wimbledon.

I think his main mistakes were picking the wrong managers, Gould, Cork and Lennie were ok but a better quality manager from the start and we could have worked our way up quicker and by spending much less money, Thorney and Kav were great players but we overpaid on them and many others like Gavin Gordon.

Anyway that is in the past, ONWARDS & UPWARDS........

Tue May 18, 2010 11:03 pm

I think it's obvious that people are never going to agree with the Sam issue, and many people still blame him for what's gone on. (rightly or wrongly)
You can't argue with him getting the ball rolling for the stadium, and setting up the academy which has been a great success, and he has to be commended for that. I definitely appreciate what he's done, and he has to be responsible for bringing some life back into this club and part of making it what it is today.

On the other hand though you have to think back to the long standing court issues, the uncertainty over our future, the massive court/legal costs, his payoff before he left etc
It's true, that he got carried away and the gamble didn't quite pay off and we had to sell players to cover the bills. But he certainly started us going, and is one of the reasons we are where we are now.

I think it would be a mistake bringing him back in a professional capacity, and I'm sure many would be very much against the idea. We're embarking upon a new era, with a new board and a new lease of life with the Malaysians. We've been through a lot over the last 5 years, but I think we need to wipe the slate clean and start looking forward.

Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 am

Bluebina wrote:

Sam sent me a text

Should be a good book, just ordered shattered dreams for my next holiday !!!

No offence, but you look a bit like Vinnie Jones on the cover of that book.....

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 6:45 am

Gwyn, You and I know the Truth regarding Sam and one day hopefully it will All come out, IT WAS THANKS TO SAW WHERE WE ARE TODAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 6:52 am

Owain wrote:I think it's obvious that people are never going to agree with the Sam issue, and many people still blame him for what's gone on. (rightly or wrongly)
You can't argue with him getting the ball rolling for the stadium, and setting up the academy which has been a great success, and he has to be commended for that. I definitely appreciate what he's done, and he has to be responsible for bringing some life back into this club and part of making it what it is today.

On the other hand though you have to think back to the long standing court issues, the uncertainty over our future, the massive court/legal costs, his payoff before he left etc
It's true, that he got carried away and the gamble didn't quite pay off and we had to sell players to cover the bills. But he certainly started us going, and is one of the reasons we are where we are now.

I think it would be a mistake bringing him back in a professional capacity, and I'm sure many would be very much against the idea. We're embarking upon a new era, with a new board and a new lease of life with the Malaysians. We've been through a lot over the last 5 years, but I think we need to wipe the slate clean and start looking forward.

I agree 100% there and all my comments are based on what I saw as just a CCFC supporter and NOT Sam's close friend coz I was not privvy to the info that Gwyn and Annis know .................... I just see a man who ran up £24mil of debt ( I dont know the make up of the total ) and nearly sent CCFC to the wall FINANCIALLY . Maybe somebody can tell me the truth then about Sam and the money ? Again I am not knocking him as a person and certainly not for his dream coz we have an acadamy and a shiney new stadium to be proud of , and yes your right they were his " crown jewels " and he can do whatever he likes with them ................ at the end of the day MOST chairmen tell lies to the majority of the fans dont they ? :ayatollah:

Wed May 19, 2010 6:58 am

Would we be where we are today without Sam? No he was absoultely vital to kick starting the rollercoaster with his own cash £20m of which he has written off.

On the other hand was Ridsdale vital to carrying on the job? No he has paid f**k all into this club and taken at least £2m out.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:15 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Would we be where we are today without Sam? No he was absoultely vital to kick starting the rollercoaster with his own cash £20m of which he has written off.

On the other hand was Ridsdale vital to carrying on the job? No he has paid f**k all into this club and taken at least £2m out.

I aint knocking him at all Tony coz without Sam we will be God knows where by now but he left under a £24mil financial cloud based on " gambling " to get us promotions etc which isnt to dis-similar to the current chairman " gambling " for the same outcome . Dont get me wrong Riddler is a lying tw*t and his best rid off and I marched against him with pride ......... the trouble is that when Sam left ( without most of us knowing the truth ) we only remember the state of CCFC at the time and not where we may or may not have been without him :ayatollah: