Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"JUST BEEN RELEASED"

Tue May 18, 2010 1:03 pm

The player everyone thought might really make it Josh Meginnes was Today Released by Dave Jones.
Football is a Cruel World.

Re: "JUST BEEN RELEASED"

Tue May 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Shame really - looked like he was starting to hit a bit of form before his broken Leg?

Hope he does well.... Good luck Josh. :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm

LOL and to think i said he'd be playing lower level, maybe confrence league enxt season , and everyone telling me he was the next best thing, and that he would become a regular etc etc etc

HE'S CRAP! goalkeeper turned outfield, never gonna work

Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Good luck Josh :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Really sad he played so well in the league game against Blackpool before he broke his leg, it reminds me of Stuart Fleetwood who had a great half against Derby before never being seen again.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Tue May 18, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:11 pm

good luck :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Really sorry to hear that. He was playing great when he broke his leg. Good luck for the future, Josh.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:21 pm

They know more behind the scenes and work with these players week in, week out so I trust their judgment. I think his release shows our ambition and expectation levels, which is great. Harsh on Josh but he'll find another club, no problem.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Ah, man.

Nice guy Josh is, good luck to him.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Zabier wrote:They know more behind the scenes and work with these players week in, week out so I trust their judgment. I think his release shows our ambition and expectation levels, which is great. Harsh on Josh but he'll find another club, no problem.

Zab there was a great article in this week’s Football League Newspaper (the only one BTW as the rest of the rag was dedicated to a Blackpool win :roll: ) about youngsters who have been released.

They actually highlighted one of ours Luke Chambers (I think that was his name from memory) who was released this season. Apparently the FL organises a number of trial matches around the country, one being at Wycombe Wanderers where scouts converge looking for overlooked diamonds.

Apparently Glen Hoddle runs some kind of school in Spain and offers scholarships to the better ones that catch his eye.

TBH I can see Josh earning a living in the sport and I wish him the best of luck

Tue May 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Ben wrote:LOL and to think i said he'd be playing lower level, maybe confrence league enxt season , and everyone telling me he was the next best thing, and that he would become a regular etc etc etc

HE'S CRAP! goalkeeper turned outfield, never gonna work

Errm, no.

He was a striker till age 14 then converted to keeper... and then back. Looked raw but promising, almost akin to Jerome.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

he that good he's been realeased like, fleetwood, mcdonald and the others

ill trust dave jones judgment :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Well, Fleetwood was released mainly due to his drinking, iirc.

And to be fair, DJ's judgement included not starting Rambo in the cup final, starting immobile JFH over Thommo in the same game...

Tue May 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Hope he finds a good club.

All the best Josh :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Its better that he left young footballers need to play 1st team to progress and he would never mature i hear swansea want strikers :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:34 pm

lagerlewis wrote:Its better that he left young footballers need to play 1st team to progress and he would never mature i hear swansea want strikers :lol:

yer they found one, apprently he's good in the box

Tue May 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Josh is better in the box most of his football playing life hes been in box for 90 mins

Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Zabier wrote:They know more behind the scenes and work with these players week in, week out so I trust their judgment. I think his release shows our ambition and expectation levels, which is great. Harsh on Josh but he'll find another club, no problem.

Zab there was a great article in this week’s Football League Newspaper (the only one BTW as the rest of the rag was dedicated to a Blackpool win :roll: ) about youngsters who have been released.

They actually highlighted one of ours Luke Chambers (I think that was his name from memory) who was released this season. Apparently the FL organises a number of trial matches around the country, one being at Wycombe Wanderers where scouts converge looking for overlooked diamonds.

Apparently Glen Hoddle runs some kind of school in Spain and offers scholarships to the better ones that catch his eye.

TBH I can see Josh earning a living in the sport and I wish him the best of luck

Yeah Tony. On the latest Football Manager in pre-season you can go to the youngster's trials day and they all play together against each other in teams. The Glenn Hoddle Academy is also included but they're usually the ones who aren't picked up by league clubs.

Let's look at it this way. I reckon Josn can do a better job than Leo Fortune-West or Leon Constantine so I think he has a future, even if it is as a target man who rarely scores.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Really didn't think he was Championship standard.

But anyways, All the best Josh. Hope you get a good club.

Once a Bluebird, Always a Bluebird
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Ben wrote:
lagerlewis wrote:Its better that he left young footballers need to play 1st team to progress and he would never mature i hear swansea want strikers :lol:

yer they found one, apprently he's good in the box

Nah, you're mixed up.

You mean ON the box, Lee Trundle is f*cking class on the Xbox as you can see by his obese figure :lol: doesn't get off it !

Tue May 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Good luck Josh :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Josh "Good Luck" in your move with your new club and for your future.

You have one little follower in my boy - he loved you loads :D

Very nice person!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I was speaking to a Hereford fan earlier as well who said he thought we'd released Darren Dennehy too?

Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

nerd wrote:Well, Fleetwood was released mainly due to his drinking, iirc.

And to be fair, DJ's judgement included not starting Rambo in the cup final, starting immobile JFH over Thommo in the same game...

and not playing Gunter until he shone for Wales

Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

to be honest i never thought he would make it in our squad, but good luck to him for the future :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm

He isnt good enough IMO, he had that game where he looked like he might be useful and went off injured but other than that he has looked way out of his depth every other time ive seen him.

Wish him all the best though

Tue May 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Really sad he played so well in the league game against Blackpool before he broke his leg, it reminds me of Stuart Fleetwood who had a great half against Derby before never being seen again.

I agree he was really causing problems, didn't he hit the bar aswell ???

Shame they were saying he was better than Jerome at the same age, he should take it the right way, find a club and try prove DJ wrong......

Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Shame the lad got injured, he caused some problems upfront when he played as well!