Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I KNOW YOU MIGHT THINK THIS IS ALL PREMATURE

Tue May 18, 2010 12:56 pm

But Our Ground Capacity is Only Approx 26,680, but only Ever Allowed 26,040 Max.
But in place already is the structure for an an extra 8,000 Seats, which would take 3 months Max to put in. If We were Promoted,Would you This Summer put those extra 8,000 Seats in ?

Re: I KNOW YOU MIGHT THINK THIS IS ALL PREMATURE

Tue May 18, 2010 12:58 pm

without a doubt coz come the arrival of the big 4 it will be a sell out each game and pay for itself , are those the corner areas then ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:without a doubt coz come the arrival of the big 4 it will be a sell out each game and pay for itself , are those the corner areas then ? :ayatollah:

what i was thinking? Where exactly is the new stand going to be - if we build it? Thought it might have been an extra Tier above the ninian?? that would have been tidy! :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:04 pm

it depends where the extra stand/seating area would go

any ideas how they would fit in the extra seats?

Tue May 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Its the spaces at the back of the Canton Stand, Ninian Stand and Family Stand.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Its the spaces at the back of the Canton Stand, Ninian Stand and Family Stand.

why wasnt the 4 corner areas used for seating then ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Its the spaces at the back of the Canton Stand, Ninian Stand and Family Stand.

Ask to the Riddler and Borley.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

money I bet and literally " cutting corners " ? ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:

Isn't that something to do with air flow into the stadium which is important for maintanence of the pitch?

Tue May 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:But Our Ground Capacity is Only Approx 26,680, but only Ever Allowed 26,040 Max.
But in place already is the structure for an an extra 8,000 Seats, which would take 3 months Max to put in. If We were Promoted,Would you This Summer put those extra 8,000 Seats in ?

IF we make it on Saturday, I think it would be better to wait and see if we survive up there for a season or 2 before we go ahead with the expansion. Take it steady and not get ahead of ourselves.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Isn't that something to do with air flow into the stadium which is important for maintanence of the pitch?

NOT playing rugby on the pitch would do a hell of a lot for maintenance of the pitch , that said the Liberty Stadium won the pitch of the season award from the Football League and they play rugby too and have NO corner areas open do they ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah Tony you're right. Like Martyn said though, seems a bit pointless considering the damage rugby does. They should have inter-changeable surfaces for both sports. Maybe that's the next technological advancement.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I would base a decision purely on the possibility of increasing our revenue / profit through the increased capacity.

If it costs £1m (totally made up figure) to add an extra 8,000 seats, the cost per seat is £125.

How many times during a premier season would we need more than 26k seats?

If we could sell out all the new seats for 5 matches (Man U, CFC, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City) then it would be 5 x £28 x 8,000 = £1,120,000

So IF we ever got there and we could build 8,000 seats for £1m then it seems it would be worth it.

If building costs were £2m or above then maybe not.

I must note that maths isn't my strong point!

Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 pm

RobP wrote:I would base a decision purely on the possibility of increasing our revenue / profit through the increased capacity.

If it costs £1m (totally made up figure) to add an extra 8,000 seats, the cost per seat is £125.

If we could sell out all the new seats for 5 matches (Man U, CFC, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City) then it would be 5 x £28 x 8,000 = £1,120,000

So IF we ever got there and we could build 8,000 seats for £1m then it seems it would be worth it.

But you're right. It's all dependant on profit ? i think we would get over 30,000 every game if we were in the prem.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Merlin wrote:
RobP wrote:I would base a decision purely on the possibility of increasing our revenue / profit through the increased capacity.

But you're right. It's all dependant on profit ? i think we would get over 30,000 every game if we were in the prem.

Some good points there :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Dont want to put a downer on things :lol:

What would happen if we got relagted.

Would you keep a capacity of 35,00 with teams like Scunthorpe Doncaster in there?

Opinions :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm

i AGREE DO IT IN THE SUMMER 100 PER CENT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm

chippy909 wrote:Dont want to put a downer on things :lol:

Would you keep a capacity of 35,00 with teams like Scunthorpe Doncaster in there?

We must Think Big Chippy, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We must Think Big Chippy, ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I do agree with you Annis. Just think if we get 35000 in the championship we will NEVER sell it out. and it looks terrible empty seats.

But it dont matter because we are going to stay in the PREM FOR EVER :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I would! but then it's easy for me to say as i'm not paying for it. Lets generate more atmossphere and carry on the good work that has been done. I've in the last few games (Since we played leicester with 10 men and Burkey was also injured) seen the stadiums atmosphere galvanised by the passion from our players, that passion was undoubtedly generated to the fans who have since sung, chanted, screamed and generally got behind our players to urge them on. IF...and its still a big IF we go up then i say ...lets do it. Cmon you mighty Bluebirds.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Relegation will always be a risk. We need to maximise our intake a.s.a.p. so that the lower attendances against Championship teams if we do get relegated won't affect us too badly financially. Put the seats in and take the Premiership by storm!

Tue May 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Get Saturday out the way, much easier to answer then!

Work starts Monday :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 4:08 pm

if we got to the prem and stayed up then it's something to look at
if we did it in the summer and we got relegated straight away (which is quite likely i'm afraid) then we could have a 35,000 white elephant in the championship

Tue May 18, 2010 4:17 pm

I don't think we should not straight away

If we were to get promoted and stay up then it's definitely worth doing, but not for one season.
The last thing we need to do is start overspending again, we don't want to be in a half empty stadium if we got relegated after a season.

Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm

get em in now :ayatollah: we need 30,000+ for the prem ;)

Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

chippy909 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I do agree with you Annis. Just think if we get 35000 in the championship we will NEVER sell it out. and it looks terrible empty seats.

But it dont matter because we are going to stay in the PREM FOR EVER :ayatollah:

Steady on we ain't there yet? We will have messages like this thrown at us by the Jacks etc if we lose Saturday.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm

If we get promoted i think it would be a great idea, You never see the likes of the current premiership clubs moaning about their capacity, on the contrary they know they will fill their stadia for at least a handful of games every season. Any club could ask the question "What if we get relegated?" If that happens then you've just got to work harder to get back up. Don't get me wrong i would insist that we are debt free before even considering building for the future but if we want to be a BIG CLUB then we must act as one.
Good luck for Saturday
I'll be there
C'mon you mighty Bluebirds
Jes

Tue May 18, 2010 10:58 pm

I think £1 million is way way out.

I'm sure when I asked Steve Borley last year he said that it would cost about £10 million to do the work,

Yes it can be done in a close season but surely we would have had to book the contractors order materials etc months ago?

Tue May 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:

I think £1 million is way way out.

I'm sure when I asked Steve Borley last year he said that it would cost about £10 million to do the work,

Yes it can be done in a close season but surely we would have had to book the contractors order materials etc months ago?

I don't know what the figures would be, but I don't really think it would be worth it for potentially one season in the premiership. As you say, it's possible to be done in the close season but that's with all the planning in place and everything ready to go by the season end.
The fact that there's probably still contractors with outstanding involves probably wouldn't help matters either!

If we were to get promoted and stay there then it would probably be a great idea, depending on crowd figures - but for one season it would never work.
We're bound to attract new fans if we get promoted, and many may still support us in the championship but we don't want to be having 25k crowds in a 35k stadium

Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 pm

I beleive whatever happens we should get it up to 35,000 If We ever want to be a Big Club. But dont open the areas at the back unless we its a big game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: