Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THIS RIGHT OR NOT ?

Mon May 17, 2010 6:26 pm

For Saturday everyone of our stewards has received a free ticket to the Play Off Final.

I do not agree that this should happen, I dont wish to sound mean but for crying out loud a steward works 6 hours a fortnight on average surely that does not warrant a free ticket.

I understand those who work full time getting one but hey should'nt the ball boys, 50/50 ticket sellers and the programme sellers get one too.

If the club put a ticket aside that they could buy then fair enough but otherwise this is money that the club need.

Re: IS THIS RIGHT OR NOT ?

Mon May 17, 2010 6:29 pm

they dont half put up with some shit off us :lol: :lol:

i have known a few of them for years, well the ones from ninian anyway, all the new ones should buy them and all the original boys/girls should have one foc

or whatever i am trying to say ;)

Mon May 17, 2010 6:34 pm

my son worked down ninian when we got to the fa final and he had to buy his
so what is the diff now they should be made to pay for it like everyone else
they are just a bunch of job worths anyway the way they acted after the
liecster match to fans running on pitch from the canton stand bordered
on assault
i have no respect for them the way they treat people should be looked at by the club
and i know a lot of people will not go down because of the way they act

Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

sleepers wrote:my son worked down ninian when we got to the fa final and he had to buy his
on assault
i have no respect for them the way they treat people should be looked at by the club

I remember the one steward in front of the canton stand grabbed an invader in a head lock and dragged him off by his head! f*cking disgusting - they dont have the right to treat people that way no matter who they are!!! f*cking big bloke like that ragging a kid around....

Pussy! :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Good question, but speak as i find, the stewards where i sit deserve, i think, a ticket. :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Merlin wrote:
sleepers wrote:my son worked down ninian when we got to the fa final and he had to buy his
on assault

I remember the one steward in front of the canton stand grabbed an invader in a head lock and dragged him off by his head! f*cking disgusting - they dont have the right to treat people that way no matter who they are!!! f*cking big bloke like that ragging a kid around....

Pussy! :lol:

at one match merlin i went outside for a cig with my 24 yr old and my other son and nephew who are
14 the two youngsters wherec sat down on the floor eat chips doin nowt this jumped up little acne spotted weasel
came up to them and told them to get up and move and stood over them intimating them they are nothing but bullies in yellow coats it will not be long b4 there is trouble with them the club has to do something kids are the future of this club
and if they are bulling kids we will lose future support

Mon May 17, 2010 6:46 pm

I won't grudge the majority of them a ticket.

They put up with alot of shit, and they were shat on a few times ths season.

Mon May 17, 2010 7:00 pm

I thinks that's fair enough and a nice gesture. Remember, some of these stewards work behind the scenes at games and miss most of the match, others have to look at us in the crowd instead of the game. Nice to see the club appreciate them. With 37k tickets available, and an average attendance of 20k (odd) there should be no reason that every true City fan who wants a ticket shouldn't get one, so its not as though its at the expense of genuine fans.

Mon May 17, 2010 7:09 pm

I know Toni Jones - Head of management for Stewards, wouldn't be grudge some one like him getting a FREE ticket because he puts the hours in, and does all the dirty work, behind the scenes, sorting hours out etc etc but not people standing round all day doing feck all but upsetting people.....

Anyway - If i see a steward standing up in Wembley - Im gonna tell him to: SIT THE f**k DOWN!! :lol: :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Riddler trying to Buy Friends before he leaves.

Mon May 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I think that as long as ALL ambassadors and those who bought for next season, receive a ticket then there is no problem giving the stewards a free ticket. It shows that they give a shit about there employees, which can only be a good thing. Who knows it may evenmake the stewards feel 'wanted' and be a bit more leniant next year.

Anyway, they have probably been to more games at the CC Stadium this season than a lot that are heading to wembley!! :shock:

Mon May 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Not sure I agree with it but in fairness we have some good stewards, they get far more involved than the police who usually do fck all.

Mon May 17, 2010 9:42 pm

f**k em, most of them are petty jobsworth tossers!

Tue May 18, 2010 12:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVblKQg ... re=related

After seeing this i dont think half of them stewards deserve a free ticket!!!!

Keep ur eye on the guy in the yellow coat with the pony tail, when the pitch gets invaded.......he should be sacked in my opinion!!!!!

See what you think! :ayatollah:

Tue May 18, 2010 7:12 am

PtB wrote:I won't grudge the majority of them a ticket.

They put up with alot of shit, and they were shat on a few times ths season.

In 2003 I was up in the Birmingham area with a few friends. My one mate got a job as a steward at Birmingham City and persuaded me to come along with him and doing some stewarding for the BCFC vs. WBA game.

Fair play it was a good game and the banter between the fans was top rate. There were no issues until WBA scored. I was sent with several others to stand in front of the WBA fans in case they tried getting on the pitch.

Unfortunatley I wasn't looking where I was going and went arse over tit on an advertising boarding and rolled around on the ground. I'm a big bloke and had trouble getting back up on my feet which then led to my 2 minutes of fame as 3,000 Baggies chanted "You fat b*stard, You fat b*stard" :lol:

Wed May 19, 2010 6:04 am

carl im not sure where you got this info from
but over the last two days i been chatting to a steward on my facebook and she tells me that she or nobody she knows has recieved a free ticket, so wether it was ment as a wind up by someone or only a few of the select ones are getting them i dont know, she is a regular down there too does the egg games also, so not just a part timer so to speak

Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

It surprises me when I hear about these stories because I have had no problems with the stewards. In fact I have found them to be very helpful especially when I take my 3 girls with me. I always think of when I took my 3 girls to the Blackpool away game, I was approached a couple of times by the stewards asking me if I needed anything or if they could be of any help.

Most of them I have found to be quite friendly. The only incident I witnessed where I felt things could boil over the steward involved handled it quite well resulting in a calm situation.

Personally I would not grudge them a ticket.

Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Having been on the both sides of the fence so to speak, yeah there are stewards at every club who put the yellow jacket on and think they are chocolate, however, fans also think they can treat a steward like shit. The majority of stewards in cardiff turn a blind eye to what goes on, even though since the new stadium has been built they are instructed to eject swearers and persistant standing. Anyway, the tickets were not FREE. Just for the record I'm no longer a steward, just seen it from both sides.....

Wed May 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Carl,
don't forget they weren't getting paid for months

Wed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Carl, I know several stewards and none of them have had free tickets. They were allowed to BUY 2 tickets but at the going rate. At least that is what these stewards had to do.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

bluebirds wrote:Carl, I know several stewards and none of them have had free tickets. They were allowed to BUY 2 tickets but at the going rate. At least that is what these stewards had to do.

yeh thats the message i got of my steward friend

Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Credit where credit is due.

Brian and Lindsey, for example, have literally dedicated their weekends to the city for god knows how many years.

There are better paid jobs on a Saturday but Im guessing they do it more for the love of the club than the money.

If the club cannot give them a free 90mins then something is wrong. Call it a "Testamonial Ticket" :)

Wed May 19, 2010 10:31 pm

my misses works in the stadium, she was entitled to 2 tickets ! :oops: