Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i tried!!!!

Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm

afternoon all.

with what suddenly happened to Wayne Jones last wednesday i thought i would contact the football league about a minute silence for fans to pay respect to him and his family.

i didn't actually know wayne but as a fellow bluebird supporter i thought i'd at least try.

here is my email

I am a Cardiff City fan, youmay not know but a fellow fan passed away at the playoff semi final 2nd leg on wednesday night.

The fan Wayne Jones 50, from Ebbw Vale had a Cardiac Arrest shortly after Michael Chopra opened the scoring, despit attempts from medical staff the fan passed away.

Cardiff City fans have set up numerous diferent things for fans to pay there rspect to a fellow football fan. These messages have been coming from various different fans from across the country.

Cardiff fans are hoping that the football league may reconise this and maybe hold a minute silence at the playoff final as a mark of respect.

Groups have been set up with a growing number joining every hour.

I hope you look at this and treat it with some great consideration,

many thanks

and this was the reply i have had today.

Many thanks for your email. Regarding the request below, firstly The League understands the sensitivity of the subject matter, however a minute’s silence is unfortunately not scheduled to take place before the final as it would not be deemed to be of national significance.

However in this instance I would recommend that you contact Cardiff City, to see if there is another way that supporter groups and the Club in general can remember this spectator.

Once again many thanks for your email.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited
Email - fl@football-league.co.uk

www.football-league.co.uk

The Football League Ltd. Registered Office - Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston PR2 2YF. Registered No: 80612. Tel: 0844 463 1888. Fax: 0844 826 5188.

London Office - 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8FL. Tel: 0844 826 3099

i tried guys and girls, maybe the club would do something

Annis, do you think they would

Re: i tried!!!!

Mon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

On behalf of all of us who travelled away with Wayne Headsofthevalleysblues thank you for contacting the football league, very much appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks mate.

Worth a try :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 3:40 pm

just hope the club would maybe do something now

Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Awww that is such a same so many people wanted this this to happen :(

But at least you tried, well done :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

i can sort of understand what the football league are saying. seen as there could be a minutes silence before nearly every match every saturday otherwise.
why dont the fans organise a whip round for his family, i can tell you during these tough economic times that would be just as welcome.
collect some money on the wembley buses and give it to his kids

Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

good idea, maybe the club will do something

Mon May 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Maybe they could open the ground during the summer or shortly after the play off final, and even more so if we gain Premiership status, to hold some kind of fun day in remembrance? maybe raise the cash that way and help the family of Wayne Jones? Not sure exactly what they could do there? (maybe have a drinks party on the pitch whilst replaying the Play off final - where all the players come and join in with the fans, sit round, sign autographs, etc etc....) just a though? :?:

Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 pm

I have contacted the Echo today, Annis has also contacted the club. Maybe if we keep trying we will get this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Merlin wrote:Maybe they could open the ground during the summer or shortly after the play off final, and even more so if we gain Premiership status, to hold some kind of fun day in remembrance? maybe raise the cash that way and help the family of Wayne Jones? Not sure exactly what they could do there? (maybe have a drinks party on the pitch whilst replaying the Play off final - where all the players come and join in with the fans, sit round, sign autographs, etc etc....) just a though? :?:

What a brilliant idea......Hope something like this happens, would be very nice to do this for wayne and his family :ayatollah: