Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Huge respect to the long distance travellers

Sun May 16, 2010 11:17 pm

There are always arguments about fan loyalty , who most deserves ticket rights , whether long time supporters are somehow better than recent converts etc etc.

But one thing I hope everyone can agree on is the efforts being made to come back for Saturday`s game by fans from as far afield as South Africa and USA.I would think there may be some from the BDU as well.

Anyone know of anyone who will be coming back for the game from other distant shores ?

Re: Huge respect to the long distance travellers

Sun May 16, 2010 11:47 pm

a family friend runs bluebirds down under, he comes over from australia with his bro to watch every boxing day game and mayb 1 other, there older bro lives by me and is a season ticket holder.

they are flying over from australia friday night and going back sunday morning, and as of yesterday they didnt even have a ticket :?

Sun May 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Fair play to them, how many hours is that on a plane?

Mon May 17, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Keith,

Thanks for support. I am coming back from Panama (not found Langston yet)

What gets me is having watched all that rubbish for years in the lower leagues we are now nearly where most of thought would never be possible.

Could be an expensive season next year.....

Mike

Mon May 17, 2010 3:33 am

I'm flying back from Dubai on Friday for it. Hope the volcano cloud is gone.

Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 am

since62 wrote:There are always arguments about fan loyalty , who most deserves ticket rights , whether long time supporters are somehow better than recent converts etc etc.

But one thing I hope everyone can agree on is the efforts being made to come back for Saturday`s game by fans from as far afield as South Africa and USA.I would think there may be some from the BDU as well.

Anyone know of anyone who will be coming back for the game from other distant shores ?

I agree Keith, I have huge Respect for them, I enjoy hearing some of their stories of how they get hear/keep up dated/ come back and for during the Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 am

My eldest son just got out of bed and asked for a ticket, doesn't sound like much but it's hell of an effort for him ;)
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 am

Being serious I don't know how people like BakedAlaska have the energy to travel from Derby every week just for a home game! It's truely amazing..

Mon May 17, 2010 8:58 am

Anybody know if Steffan is over from Germany? Can't imagine he would miss it.

Mon May 17, 2010 9:07 am

keith pontin wrote:Hi Keith,

What gets me is having watched all that rubbish for years in the lower leagues we are now nearly where most of thought would never be possible.

Mike

Mike Price? Can't be many other City fans in Panama surely :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
keith pontin wrote:Hi Keith,

Mike

Mike Price? Can't be many other City fans in Panama surely :ayatollah:

By Saturday night we will be a Premiership team so half the population of wherever will be Cardiff fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 am

if i was living abroad id only come over for the big games , no dout they'll be over for the Man utd, chelsea games too if we reach the prem :roll: