Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRUST AGM TONIGHT (MONDAY) 19.00 DUKE OF CLARENCE

Sun May 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Not happy with the Trust? Come along to the AGM tomorrow evening and let them know how you feel. If you're determined to resign your membership, at least turn up and let them know why.

Items on the agenda include reports on how your money has been spent and a discussion about buying more shares in the Club.

If you belong to the Trust, this is your chance to meet the Board members and get your views across.

Come on down. :ayatollah:

Re: TRUST AGM TOMORROW 19.00 DUKE OF CLARENCE

Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 pm

No takers? Thought I would provoke another discussion.

Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Mike, Its a lost cause.
I Respect you but not the Trust.

Sun May 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Just beacuse we support CCFC doesnt mean we all live in Cardiff , sometimes its just too awkward to get home from work then get back down into Cardiff . Im sure whatever the Trust committee decide to do with the money will be for the best :ayatollah:

Sun May 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Just beacuse we support CCFC doesnt mean we all live in Cardiff , sometimes its just too awkward to get home from work then get back down into Cardiff . Im sure whatever the Trust committee decide to do with the money will be for the best :ayatollah:

That's a fair point Martyn. :ayatollah:

Sun May 16, 2010 11:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mike, Its a lost cause.

Annis

I will have a small charity bet with you (£50) that the Trust will at least double its number of members over the next 12 months.

The reasons for my confidence include the fact that the new blood (3 of the board of 9 are new to it from tomorrow)recently elected to its board will bring new ideas and enthusiasm and people like Tony W who didn`t quite make it through the elections will also bring a new energy and ideas through the sub-committees he says he will be joining.

And one of the other reasons is that I am a stubborn bugger who really believes in it :ayatollah: as you know

Keith

Mon May 17, 2010 6:44 am

since62 wrote:

Annis

I will have a small charity bet with you (£50) that the Trust will at least double its number of members over the next 12 months.

The reasons for my confidence include the fact that the new blood (3 of the board of 9 are new to it from tomorrow)recently elected to its board will bring new ideas and enthusiasm and people like Tony W who didn`t quite make it through the elections will also bring a new energy and ideas through the sub-committees he says he will be joining.

And one of the other reasons is that I am a stubborn bugger who really believes in it :ayatollah: as you know

Keith

Keith, your on my Friend, I wish you and Mike personally All the BEST, THE REST OF THE TRUST SEEM ANTI THIS FORUM and small minded, In MY OPINION IT NEEDED A LOT MORE NEW BLOOD.

Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:Keith, your on my Friend, I wish you and Mike personally All the BEST, THE REST OF THE TRUST SEEM ANTI THIS FORUM and small minded, In MY OPINION IT NEEDED A LOT MORE NEW BLOOD.

Annis I believe your opinion is 100% correct, although I suspect that the Trust Board would deny that is true.

For me the bickering has to stop. The boys on this forum are the salt of the earth and frankly can teach both CCMB and the Trust Board a thing or to about organisation, standing up for what you believe in and adult debate amongst friends and rivals alike.

It is about time we took that on and showed them how it's done and earn the respect that is now overdue. Oak trees grow from acorns and that's where we will have to start but we will get there and just like the protest march you and the others organised, we'll show them how it's done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Keith, your on my Friend, I wish you and Mike personally All the BEST, THE REST OF THE TRUST SEEM ANTI THIS FORUM and small minded, In MY OPINION IT NEEDED A LOT MORE NEW BLOOD.

Annis I believe your opinion is 100% correct, although I suspect that the Trust Board would deny that is true.

For me the bickering has to stop. The boys on this forum are the salt of the earth and frankly can teach both CCMB and the Trust Board a thing or to about organisation, standing up for what you believe in and adult debate amongst friends and rivals alike.

It is about time we took that on and showed them how it's done and earn the respect that is now overdue. Oak trees grow from acorns and that's where we will have to start but we will get there and just like the protest march you and the others organised, we'll show them how it's done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Tony but I cant make the AGM tonite , but hopefully we can make a difference ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 8:41 am

Martyn1963 wrote:

I agree Tony but I cant make the AGM tonite , but hopefully we can make a difference ? :ayatollah:

Actually Martyn nor can I unfortunatley. It is the anniversary of my father's death so I can't make it, but I will get in touch with the Trust once that rather important game on the weekend is done :ayatollah:

BTW It's a shame the AGM is this week, if it was next week we would all be scratching around looking for something to do with the football season over :lol:

Mon May 17, 2010 8:56 am

Next Monday we could all be contemplating life in the Prem :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 am

I am a trust member but unable to make the meeting unfortunately, I wondered if the following could be raised on my behalf, if any trust members needs confirmation I can email you or pm you my trust member number and name this evening,

' I would like to see some trees planted in the car park around the stadium we have lots of square type concrete things dotted around the car park which appear to have soil in them but no plants, we could encourage local schools to plant them or get garden centres onboard and link to advertising etc !!!! I think it will look superb and a great chance to involve the community '

Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I am a trust member but unable to make the meeting unfortunately, I wondered if the following could be raised on my behalf, if any trust members needs confirmation I can email you or pm you my trust member number and name this evening,

' I would like to see some trees planted in the car park around the stadium we have lots of square type concrete things dotted around the car park which appear to have soil in them but no plants, we could encourage local schools to plant them or get garden centres onboard and link to advertising etc !!!! I think it will look superb and a great chance to involve the community '

I was also lead to believe that there was going to be some kind of memorial garden to enable the scattering of ashes of lost loved ones too ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 10:07 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I am a trust member but unable to make the meeting unfortunately, I wondered if the following could be raised on my behalf, if any trust members needs confirmation I can email you or pm you my trust member number and name this evening,

I was also lead to believe that there was going to be some kind of memorial garden to enable the scattering of ashes of lost loved ones too ? :ayatollah:

I'll bring both these matters up on your behalf if no-one else does. :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
I'll bring both these matters up on your behalf if no-one else does. :ayatollah:

Mike I have tried sending you a PM but I'm not sure I have done it correctly. So just in case I have balls it up could-you find out how I volunteer for a sub-committee and let me know?

I can't go tonight but I am committed to trying to make the Trust a better organisation for all of us.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:37 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Mike I have tried sending you a PM but I'm not sure I have done it correctly. So just in case I have balls it up could-you find out how I volunteer for a sub-committee and let me know?

I can't go tonight but I am committed to trying to make the Trust a better organisation for all of us.

PM received and replied to mate. :ayatollah:

Mon May 17, 2010 11:24 am

I still think there's hope. Changes need to be made but I feel Mike and others can do this if they start to understand the fans a bit more, which I think slowly they are.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:45 pm

SPOT ON Tony and This Forum IS action Not Keyboard Warriors or pretend Fans.

Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SPOT ON Tony and This Forum IS action Not Keyboard Warriors or pretend Fans.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight then, mate :ayatollah: