Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brown votes for the BNP

Sat May 15, 2010 5:22 pm

anyone see this today in the Papers

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Le ... 26215.html

first of all i laughed and thought that was in our favor must have upset the camp with him being sent home and two team mates getting wound up.

but then i got to think about it puttiing the football to one side, depending on his full reasons for voting them, and this has not been divulged, but surelly we live in a democratic state, where we can make our own mind up about this sort of thing, if he chose to vote for them thats his given right, why should he be sent away from the club, so if im a labour voter can i get pissed off with everyone who voted for lib's NO i bloody cant.
It now seems as a mans right to make his own mind up is being taken away from us in fear of losing your job, or offending someone.
time to leave this country i think, its already sinking.

Re: Brown votes for the BNP

Sat May 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Obviously he can vote for who he wants, but surely anyone with sense wouldn't come out with it if your team mates aren't 'british'

It would never go down well would it?

Sat May 15, 2010 5:27 pm

On the same tack I'll personally appologise to the UK for voting LibDem and giving the country a Tory Government :lol:

Sat May 15, 2010 5:32 pm

its a free country its up 2 him who he votes for end of

Sat May 15, 2010 5:37 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:anyone see this today in the Papers

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Le ... 26215.html

first of all i laughed and thought that was in our favor must have upset the camp with him being sent home and two team mates getting wound up.

but then i got to think about it puttiing the football to one side, depending on his full reasons for voting them, and this has not been divulged, but surelly we live in a democratic state, where we can make our own mind up about this sort of thing, if he chose to vote for them thats his given right, why should he be sent away from the club, so if im a labour voter can i get pissed off with everyone who voted for lib's NO i bloody cant.
It now seems as a mans right to make his own mind up is being taken away from us in fear of losing your job, or offending someone.
time to leave this country i think, its already sinking.

On the serious side this is a very sinister development which has been creeping in for some time.

IMO it is bordering on trying to influence how someone votes by using coercion. I can understand suspending someone if their political views are influencing them to discriminate in the work place, but they should be free to vote for anyone they like without interference.

I’m not sure what the law is with regard to freedom of expression, but Brown would seem to have his human right in that regard seriously breached.

Sat May 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Owain wrote:Obviously he can vote for who he wants, but surely anyone with sense wouldn't come out with it if your team mates aren't 'british'

It would never go down well would it?

Irrelevent of their skin color or surname they are here to do a job,and on a short term visa, (im presuming should they chose to stay permenant they would have to go through the process of nationalisation) not sponge off the state, which was the main crux of the BNP immigration manifesto.

MAESTEG BLUE » Sat May 15, 2010 6:32 pm

its a free country its up 2 him who he votes for end of

too bloody right it is (or was), and is this about to change due to do gooders and the human rights brigade.

I’m not sure what the law is with regard to freedom of expression, but Brown would seem to have his human right in that regard seriously breached.

I would have thought so too

Sat May 15, 2010 6:33 pm

we live in a supposed democracy,where anybody can have there say,this is all good until someone is offended,he has every right to vote for whoever he likes,he has been treated appallingly

Sat May 15, 2010 7:23 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:its a free country its up 2 him who he votes for end of

I initially agree but obviously he's aware of what a sensitive issue it is and the fact he had a bust up with two black players suggests he might not have been empathetic.

We don't really know all the details though so it's hard to make a call on this one.

Sat May 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I think the irony here is that the guys who are supposedly against the "Facist BNP" are trying to force their views on a team mate. I bet these guys believe democracy exists too.

Sat May 15, 2010 7:38 pm

I initially agree but obviously he's aware of what a sensitive issue it is and the fact he had a bust up with two black players suggests he might not have been empathetic.

Black, Brown, Yellow, Red or White, in his own country this man should be allowed to air his choice of political parties