Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shock Question - Anyone Betting Against The City?

Sat May 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Shock of Shocks to even think of such a thing but it was mentioned a few weeks ago that, as season ticket money has already left some of our bank accounts and has long been forgotten, a bet against the city going up will cover the loss of not getting our season ticket money back.

Go up, we get ST money back, stay down the bet covers your ST payment.

Be honest, anyone considering it> :o :shock:

Re: Shock Question - Anyone Betting Against The City?

Sat May 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I just couldnt do it Wayne, would feel disloyal :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 pm

bluecyw wrote:I just couldnt do it Wayne, would feel disloyal :ayatollah:

I know. A mate in work suggested it and I said I Could NEVER. He said that I had detach the fact that I thought I could affect the result by putting the bet on with reality :lol: and the reality was that the Cardiff City squad are the only ones that can affect the result.

Sort of puts it in perspective................................

....................So why am I STILL trying to avoid my clobber from the FA Cup Final in favour of what I wore for the FA Cup Semi. :D

Sat May 15, 2010 1:09 pm

could you do it. i have the price of 2 season tickets £800 on the final (thats if the club stand by there pledge).been looking at the free bets on internet betting sites, i could work it so what ever happens i get one ticket covered (400)but i cant bring myself to do it,its a lot of money.i am beating myself up over it i know what i will do my hart will rule my head :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

ianba wrote:could you do it. i have the price of 2 season tickets £800 on the final (thats if the club stand by there pledge).been looking at the free bets on internet betting sites, i could work it so what ever happens i get one ticket covered (400)but i cant bring myself to do it,its a lot of money.i am beating myself up over it i know what i will do my hart will rule my head :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I still cant do it and luckily the odds are poor otherwise temptation may have got the better of me.

Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Betting and football are different so no test of loyality. Having said that, I do to a small degree believe in Karma, so I put a £5 on Forrest winning the playoffs thereby deflecting any bad voodo their way :D

I have a medium bet on City going up but its disappeared from my VC betting account which is strange but then again my Wittingham top scorer bet disppeared as well but they did pay out on that :D :D :D

Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I don't see a problem with it really.

If I had a big chunk of ST money potentially coming back if we got promoted I'd happily lump it on a Blackpool win.

In the same way if I stuck £100 on Blackpool I would quite happily never see that money again if it meant up getting promoted.
If we did lose, then it would go towards this season's ticket