Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAS THE LEICESTER CITY GAME ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Sat May 15, 2010 9:43 am

Up there with The Leeds/Man City/Jack /Hereford games, because it was for me, I never thought I would say it, OUR STADIUM REALLY WAS THE BEES KNEES ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
We were ALL ALLOWED TO STAND, Including on our seats, but why not for other games ?

BUT NINIAN PARK WILL ALWAYS AND STILL IS MY GROUND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WAS THE LEICESTER CITY GAME ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Sat May 15, 2010 9:49 am

When the place is rocking, it is as good as Ninian Park. I suppose thats down to the old heads from NP who have moved across. But, unfortunately, with a new stadium, we get a new breed of fans. When Leicester equalised, our fans went silent. I've never seen that happen at Ninian Park. They only picked up when Whitts nailed the penalty. Thats not to blame the CCS, just the people inside it!!

Sat May 15, 2010 9:53 am

Yes, i think it was. a night i will never forget! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 10:05 am

I have been going since 1978 and withoput doubt the most amazing night of my life. The game had everything. The scenes at the end will live with me forever!!!! I still have no voice - which is not a good thing as the Garrison Sergeant Major!

Incredible scenes.

Ceri

Sat May 15, 2010 10:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:Up there with The Leeds/Man City/Jack /Hereford games, because it was for me, I never thought I would say it, OUR STADIUM REALLY WAS THE BEES KNEES ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
We were ALL ALLOWED TO STAND, Including on our seats, but why not for other games ?

BUT NINIAN PARK WILL ALWAYS AND STILL IS MY GROUND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

it was very emotional night for me i had missed so many games and for such a great occassion to be back in the stadium with my dad and daughter etc and have the most fantastic buzz rushing through my body watching the city actually fighting for their lives on the pitch and hearing the passion of our fans - there is just no other feeling like it ! and like gwyn I to shared a little tear with my father !

Ninian was a fortress but thats the past now we are 90mins away from reaching the premier league
And on the performance of wednesday nights game if we can reproduce the atmosphere in the new ccs then we have
some specail days to look forward too if we can over come blackpool ...........

Another trip to wembley its a far cry fom 10 years ago ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 10:26 am

mallo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Up there with The Leeds/Man City/Jack /Hereford games, because it was for me, I never thought I would say it, OUR STADIUM REALLY WAS THE BEES KNEES ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

it was very emotional night for me i had missed so many games and for such a great occassion to be back in the stadium with my dad and daughter etc and have the most fantastic buzz rushing through my body watching the city actually fighting for their lives on the pitch and hearing the passion of our fans - there is just no other feeling like it ! and like gwyn I to shared a little tear with my father !

Ninian was a fortress but thats the past now we are 90mins away from reaching the premier league
And on the performance of wednesday nights game if we can reproduce the atmosphere in the new ccs then we have
some specail days to look forward too if we can over come blackpool ...........

Another trip to wembley its a far cry fom 10 years ago ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mallo, I am so pleased for you that you were able to be back where you belong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 10:32 am

Going off topic slightly when Leicester made it 1-1 on the night, their fans sung 'you only sing when you are winning' and missed the technicality that we were still winning 2-1 on aggregate :lol:

Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 am

You don`t want to go standing on those seats Annis - not after all those hotdogs :lol:

Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 pm

I thought the atmosphere on wednesday was brilliant and following the previous game against Leicester & against the jerks, perhaps we're now getting comfortable in our new surroundings and familiar with the people we're next to.

As an old head, I loved Ninian but also realise that we had to move to progress. Everything appears to now be in place for the last push - new ground, training facilities, financial support and a fan base that has grown at an incredible rate in the last 10 years.

Would still have loved the one season in the Premiership at Ninian though :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Mallo, I am so pleased for you that you were able to be back where you belong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:ote]

cheers annis you know how much footy means to me if anyone does would of been a bitch if remaind banned after so many years watching poor cold et freezing boring matches long old away days with no fans etc how things have changed over the last decade all for the good of the club :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:13 pm

mallo wrote:Mallo, I am so pleased for you that you were able to be back where you belong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:ote]

cheers annis you know how much footy means to me if anyone does would of been a bitch if remaind banned after so many years watching poor cold et freezing boring matches long old away days with no fans etc how things have changed over the last decade all for the good of the club :ayatollah:

Was good to see you back at the Stadium and what a night it was. :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Weds was as good an atmosphere I have experienced at Ninian and I will also say when it went deathly quiet when we were 3-1 down I have experienced that silence many times at Ninian too.

CCS has now proved on a few occasions that it can create an unbelieveable atmosphere so it is simply down to us now the fans to keep it going when it is not happening on the pitch.

Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:Weds was as good an atmosphere I have experienced at Ninian and I will also say when it went deathly quiet when we were 3-1 down I have experienced that silence many times at Ninian too.

CCS has now proved on a few occasions that it can create an unbelieveable atmosphere so it is simply down to us now the fans to keep it going when it is not happening on the pitch.
well said carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:Weds was as good an atmosphere I have experienced at Ninian and I will also say when it went deathly quiet when we were 3-1 down I have experienced that silence many times at Ninian too.

I second that. :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Good atmosphere but no wear near the Leeds game for me.

Sat May 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Definitely

We can generate an atmosphere wherever we are, and the new stadium is no exception

I think the quiet periods on Wednesday where primarily due to nerves too, it definitely wasn't an average game that's for sure!

Sat May 15, 2010 5:25 pm

since62 wrote:

You don`t want to go standing on those seats Annis - not after all those hotdogs :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Mr Davies wrote:When the place is rocking, it is as good as Ninian Park. I suppose thats down to the old heads from NP who have moved across. But, unfortunately, with a new stadium, we get a new breed of fans. When Leicester equalised, our fans went silent. I've never seen that happen at Ninian Park. They only picked up when Whitts nailed the penalty. Thats not to blame the CCS, just the people inside it!!

I have seen our fans go quiet at NP lots of times over the years.The worst one was Stoke in the Play Offs