Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Devils new signing backing the BLUEBIRDS!

Sat May 15, 2010 9:22 am

Devils new signing Jon Pelle from the US is backing the bluebirds to the premiership. He was signed 3 weeks or so ago but only announced last week due to his team in the US being in the playoff finals. They won the playoff final 4-2 over a 7 game series.

Link is here

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=787

Also the Devils will be at the playoff final

Re: Devils new signing backing the BLUEBIRDS!

Sat May 15, 2010 9:31 am

"immediately become".

Oh please. Is this seriously what we need - an extreme minority sport piggybacking off our success to boost their own popularity?

I hope the Devils are paying for their tickets. Would prefer real fans to have them...

Sat May 15, 2010 9:35 am

nerd wrote:"immediately become".

Oh please. Is this seriously what we need - an extreme minority sport piggybacking off our success to boost their own popularity?

I hope the Devils are paying for their tickets. Would prefer real fans to have them...

The only ones who will be there are the local lads who play. They've been down to quite a few games when they're not playing!

You will be surprised how many city fans go down there. I've got a season ticket at both City & Devils

Sat May 15, 2010 10:38 am

Tp quote the Yankee doodle...

"“I enjoy all sports, including soccer, and I’ll be following City all the way to the final even if it is via the internet. It will be fantastic if they were playing Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool next season.""

Devils have frequently referred to us to bolster their own sport which is so far down the minority sport list... we've seen this stunt before, when Temme was around, when promotions occured, when reaching the cup final.

I don't deny some of the Devils players may well be legit fans. The Devils are sure as hell using us to get themselves publicity though.

Sat May 15, 2010 11:13 am

nerd wrote:"immediately become".

They don't pay for their tickets, Enckelman gets the tickets for them.

Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm

As above. Forgot to post that! Encks is down there most games