Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU WERE CHAIRMAN

Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 pm

of this great club and you had reduced the second largest creditors amount ( 9 million ) by a third, by giving them shares and a seat on the board, what would you then do with the largest creditor ( 15 million ) ?

Would you give them a place on the board and shares too, for a reduction of their debt ?

I would because economically it makes sense financially.

The debt at City could be a substantially smaller figure in 2 months time than it was a month ago with no money paid out and the share price, if promoted, could rocket.

Re: IF YOU WERE CHAIRMAN

Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Carl, are you subliminally saying to us you would offer Sam Hammam shares to reduce the debt? :lol:

Just come out and say it, we're all friends here. :D

Fri May 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Zabier wrote:Carl, are you subliminally saying to us you would offer Sam Hammam shares to reduce the debt? :lol:

;) :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:of this great club and you had reduced the second largest creditors amount ( 9 million ) by a third, by giving them shares and a seat on the board, what would you then do with the largest creditor ( 15 million ) ?

Would you give them a place on the board and shares too, for a reduction of their debt ?

The debt at City could be a substantially smaller figure in 2 months time than it was a month ago with no money paid out and the share price, if promoted, could rocket.

the thing is here carl the largest creditor is a company called langston who have never revealed who they are to the club or at the court hearing.
so do you think that sam should be on the board representing langston or do you think like i do that he has always been langston himself.
do you honestly think the malaysians and other directors would let some one sit on the board representing a faceless company no one knows anything about.
Having said all that if you read the transcript of the court hearing the judge plainly states that if the case had gone to a full hearing which meant that there would have to be total disclosure of the owner/directors of langston in his opinion sam and langston would be found to be one and the same.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I think Steve that Langston could 'sell' the loan notes to Sam who in turn could deal with the Malysians directly as he would then be the creditor and not a faceless company, leaving open the possibilty to pay part of the owed amount in shares and a seat on the board.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

No more Sam, No more Peter...... let's move on pay Sam off...TG is the only way forward! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:No more Sam, No more Peter...... let's move on pay Sam off...TG is the only way forward! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What this man said, let's look forward not back.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:I think Steve that Langston could 'sell' the loan notes to Sam who in turn could deal with the Malysians directly as he would then be the creditor and not a faceless company, leaving open the possibilty to pay part of the owed amount in shares and a seat on the board.

carl

steve saw the loan notes once in the boardroom and there was no signature on them.
dont you think that the malaysians would ask for proof of purchase before allowing that to happen.
surely you dont think sam could just walk in and say here you are i just bought the loan notes of langston and hope to get away with it.
in my opinion he should have come out and admitted he was langston three years ago then perhaps things would be different for him now.
i also know the real reason that the club were able to get rid of him so easily which i cant disclose because it will be in somebodys book when they decide to write it

Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

steve davies wrote:i also know the real reason that the club were able to get rid of him so easily which i cant disclose because it will be in somebodys book when they decide to write it

Ohhhh You can't say that and leave us hanging!!! lol... PM me mate!! :old: :old:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Sam Tan is Welsh for Fireman Sam isn't it?

:ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:14 pm

What your saying is that Sam is the other person that TG can invite on to the board (because there is space for one more in the boardroom) for a price i.e. a reduction in the debt in return for shares at a low price which will rocket skywards if we get promotion so he will get all his money back anyway. ;) WELCOME BACK SAM ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Zabier wrote:Carl, are you subliminally saying to us you would offer Sam Hammam shares to reduce the debt? :lol:

Yes I Would offer sam a place on my board rather than give him £15 million, Common sense :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

i would love to see him back in a board role, but not with the purse strings, it would be a good thing for the club and the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:of this great club and you had reduced the second largest creditors amount ( 9 million ) by a third, by giving them shares and a seat on the board, what would you then do with the largest creditor ( 15 million ) ?

the thing is here carl the largest creditor is a company called langston who have never revealed who they are to the club or at the court hearing.
so do you think that sam should be on the board representing langston or do you think like i do that he has always been langston himself.
do you honestly think the malaysians and other directors would let some one sit on the board representing a faceless company no one knows anything about.
Having said all that if you read the transcript of the court hearing the judge plainly states that if the case had gone to a full hearing which meant that there would have to be total disclosure of the owner/directors of langston in his opinion sam and langston would be found to be one and the same.

Yerr having a laugh. Are you serious ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - sorry but I am pissed and taking the piss :lol: :lol:

Sat May 15, 2010 1:03 am

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:in my opinion he should have come out and admitted he was langston three years ago then perhaps things would be different for him now.
i also know the real reason that the club were able to get rid of him so easily which i cant disclose because it will be in somebodys book when they decide to write it

Come on lets not f**k about. Are you talking about the day Sam made the mistake of underestimating the Riddler who managed to get a signature under false pretenses? Or are you talking about Sam's mysterious handwritten document that doesn't actually exist but is supposed to be in the hands of a national newspaper? Or perhaps there's another UFO story that Riddler put out at the time that's still being beleived.

Sat May 15, 2010 7:01 am

At the end of the day I don't care and surely it doesn't matter who is or isn't Langstones, at the end of the day they covered the 24 million pound debt with an unsecured loan when without it we would have gone under.

If Langstones is Sam, and I'm sure it is, then I for one respect that he must have valid reasons for having to do it that way, does it really matter, I have a Mortgage with the Halifax,I don't know or care who they are either, as long as they gave me the money to buy my house, they could be the mafia, as long as the interest rate and terms suit me. :D

Sat May 15, 2010 7:36 am

TheOutsider wrote:
steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:in my opinion he should have come out and admitted he was langston three years ago then perhaps things would be different for him now.

Come on lets not f**k about. Are you talking about the day Sam made the mistake of underestimating the Riddler who managed to get a signature under false pretenses? Or are you talking about Sam's mysterious handwritten document that doesn't actually exist but is supposed to be in the hands of a national newspaper? Or perhaps there's another UFO story that Riddler put out at the time that's still being beleived.

a signature under false pretences.
sam and sam alone was responsible for giving the club the opportunity to get his signature