Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"DONT SAY I NEVER SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm

For months now I have hinted Sam Hammam might come back, I speak every other day to him, while he is in exile as Sam puts it and missing Cardiff City every day.

I just get this Feeling Sam will be back on board with The Malaysians by the Time Next Season Starts and I For one Will proud to shake his hand and Welcome him back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE BECAUSE OF ONE MAN "SAM HAMMAM", Anyone who followed Cardiff City PRE SAM days will Appreciate how far we have come and that NO ONE WOULD TOUCH US.

Re: "DONT SAY I NEVER SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Annis, I think we've agreed on some areas of the Hammam subject and disagreed on others. However, I do think Sam can be his own worst enemy. Provided he has no control to make the big decisions I wouldn't mind him coming back. His passion and enthusiasm can't be faulted. However, it's this passion (like Ridsdale's urge to gamble) that lets him down and I think he is a wild dog and needs to be kept on a leash.

If he is kept on a leash I think maybe, just maybe he could provide some benefit.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:06 pm

Zabier wrote:Annis, I think we've agreed on some areas of the Hammam subject and disagreed on others. However, I do think Sam can be his own worst enemy. Provided he has no control to make the big decisions I wouldn't mind him coming back. His passion and enthusiasm can't be faulted. However, it's this passion (like Ridsdale's urge to gamble) that lets him down and I think he is a wild dog and needs to be kept on a leash.

If he is kept on a leash I think maybe, just maybe he could provide some benefit.

Zabier, I agree on certain points, but you can not even compare him with THE RIDDLER, The Riddler never put one penny in to our club and would he have come on board when we were near bottom of Division 4.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm

sam days were great , we all got carried away with the dream, before that it was "will be get through this season" i remember one of the first meetings with the fans, and the drink was free, i asked and got a bottle of bud, he came up to me and said "how did you get that" and stormed off lol think it was pints only as its easyier to run through as spillage lol

no-one would have touched us, its all down to sam hammam , i thank the man for that

Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

id also welcome sam back if nothing else he loves this club :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Yeah, I do agree about Ridsdale. That's one thing I do find really frustrating is that he didn't put any money in... even when we were on our knees. Here's a question then. If Hammam returned would you rather he took on some decision making powers or would you rather he was just there on the board in more of a consultation role with TG and Borley as the main men?

Personally, I'd much prefer the latter because I think it's a case of using his strengths to benefit the club e.g. his enthusiasm and motivation and not exposing his weaknesses like being susceptible to get ahead of himself and, like you said on GTFM the other night, 'wanting it all yesterday'.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Zabier wrote:Yeah, I do agree about Ridsdale. That's one thing I do find really frustrating is that he didn't put any money in... even when we were on our knees. Here's a question then. If Hammam returned would you rather he took on some decision making powers or would you rather he was just there on the board in more of a consultation role with TG and Borley as the main men?

Personally, I'd much prefer the latter because I think it's a case of using his strengths to benefit the club e.g. his enthusiasm and motivation and not exposing his weaknesses like being susceptible to get ahead of himself and, like you said on GTFM the other night, 'wanting it all yesterday'.

I believe he should be along side TG.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Sam Hammam can f**k right off, it will upset a lot of people if he ever has anything to do with the club again. Anyone remember him threatening to close us down when he couldn't get his own way? If he had stayed in charge the stadium wouldn't have been built and we would probably have gone into administration. People praise Sam but slag off Ridsdale but Ridsdale has been in charge during one of our most succesful periods on the pitch and he has delivered us a cracking stadium. Before people think I'm a Ridsdale fan beleive me I aint but if people praise Sam then surely they must praise Ridsdale? When Sam left we were millions in debt, no training ground, a stadium which was falling down and we had to sell our best players for peanuts to make sure we didn't go out of business!! How much money did Sam put into the club, I was always under the impression that he lent the club the money and then charged the club interest on it? might be wrong on that one?

Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:Yeah, I do agree about Ridsdale. That's one thing I do find really frustrating is that he didn't put any money in... even when we were on our knees. Here's a question then. If Hammam returned would you rather he took on some decision making powers or would you rather he was just there on the board in more of a consultation role with TG and Borley as the main men?

What makes you believe he wouldn't end up making a similar mistake to what he made last time? Is it the inclusion of the Malaysians or do you think he has genuinely learnt from mistakes he made when he was last here?

Fri May 14, 2010 1:20 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:Sam Hammam can f**k right off, it will upset a lot of people if he ever has anything to do with the club again. Anyone remember him threatening to close us down when he couldn't get his own way? If he had stayed in charge the stadium wouldn't have been built and we would probably have gone into administration. People praise Sam but slag off Ridsdale but Ridsdale has been in charge during one of our most succesful periods on the pitch and he has delivered us a cracking stadium. Before people think I'm a Ridsdale fan beleive me I aint but if people praise Sam then surely they must praise Ridsdale? When Sam left we were millions in debt, no training ground, a stadium which was falling down and we had to sell our best players for peanuts to make sure we didn't go out of business!! How much money did Sam put into the club, I was always under the impression that he lent the club the money and then charged the club interest on it? might be wrong on that one?

I Was waiting for you to say all that, but as you know I can counter every bit of that rubbish, but I Respect your Opinion, but its TOTALLY WRONG.
A Riddler Supporter :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:Sam Hammam can f**k right off, it will upset a lot of people if he ever has anything to do with the club again. Anyone remember him threatening to close us down when he couldn't get his own way? If he had stayed in charge the stadium wouldn't have been built and we would probably have gone into administration. People praise Sam but slag off Ridsdale but Ridsdale has been in charge during one of our most succesful periods on the pitch and he has delivered us a cracking stadium. Before people think I'm a Ridsdale fan beleive me I aint but if people praise Sam then surely they must praise Ridsdale? When Sam left we were millions in debt, no training ground, a stadium which was falling down and we had to sell our best players for peanuts to make sure we didn't go out of business!! How much money did Sam put into the club, I was always under the impression that he lent the club the money and then charged the club interest on it? might be wrong on that one?

I Was waiting for you to say all that, but as you know I can counter every bit of that rubbish, but I Respect your Opinion, but its TOTALLY WRONG.

Hahaha witch! WITCH! Throw him in the river attached to a rock. If he floats he's a Riddler supporter, if he sinks, he wasn't! :D

Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Looking at the deal with the Malaysians, if passed at the EGM the company will create an additional £5m worth of shares which will be kept back for future sale.

If we get promoted Sam is due a £5m bonus from Premiership money. What is the odds that instead of being paid £5m cash he receives those shares instead?

Zabier wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What makes you believe he wouldn't end up making a similar mistake to what he made last time? Is it the inclusion of the Malaysians or do you think he has genuinely learnt from mistakes he made when he was last here?

Zabier, Sam has really learnt in my opinion by his mistakes, The Riddler never did.

Zabier wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Zabier, Sam has really learnt in my opinion by his mistakes, The Riddler never did.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Looking at the deal with the Malaysians, if passed at the EGM the company will create an additional £5m worth of shares which will be kept back for future sale.

If we get promoted Sam is due a £5m bonus from Premiership money. What is the odds that instead of being paid £5m cash he receives those shares instead?

Ring me Tony, you have a pm.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Every bit of rubbish? didn't we have to sell our best players for peanuts (Kavanagh etc.), did we have a training ground? millions in debt? Just because I think Sam is an idiot who tried to change our name, badge etc. etc. doesn't make me a Riddler supporter!!!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Looking at the deal with the Malaysians, if passed at the EGM the company will create an additional £5m worth of shares which will be kept back for future sale.

Hmmm, interesting proposal Tony which would be a deal that would financially benefit both parties!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Every bit of rubbish? didn't we have to sell our best players for peanuts (Kavanagh etc.), did we have a training ground? millions in debt? Just because I think Sam is an idiot who tried to change our name, badge etc. etc. doesn't make me a Riddler supporter!!!

Yes

Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

Yes

Yes your Def a RIDDLER FAN :evil:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

Yes

I'm not a Ridsdale fan but I am somebody who will never forgive or forget what Sam tried to do to our club. f**k Sam and f**k Ridsdale, the further away both of them are from Cardiff City FC the better.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:34 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes

I'm not a Ridsdale fan but I am somebody who will never forgive or forget what Sam tried to do to our club. f**k Sam and f**k Ridsdale, the further away both of them are from Cardiff City FC the better.

Cheer up! We're going to Wembley! :D

Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Sam could have closed us down anytime he wanted to since he left, that black Friday people talk about, it wasn't Sam threatening to put us into admin, it PMG, they used the threat of admin to get Sam to hand over control.
Has for money he's put in, he's lost more money at this club than all the others put together, and as for interest, the loan was provided interest free and with no prfernetial creditor status, which is what PMG insisted on, thus breaking the contract that had been made and the subsequent court actions'If this club had gone under the only one who'd have had any money back was PMG.

And as for delivering us the stadium, the stumbling block of allowing rugby was always going to be unacceptable to Sam, PR would have sold the rights to his sould to get the deal doneand his huge bonus payments handed over.

As for debts how can you leave a club owing you 24 million and then see the club sell 25 million pounds worth of players that you brought to the club and still not get a ppenny paid back to you odd the debt your are owed.

And as for sellin off the players on black Friday for peanuts, just think back and the team Sam leeft here for us was top of the championship and seven point sclearin December, remember the promise of new players in january from the mega rich hedge fund holders we were promised but never seen.

People need to find out some facts before mouthing off.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Eddie May wrote:Swindon bluebird I rem you on the snipers mb, always slagging Sam down and praising the riddler.
Sam deserves praise and Our gratitude :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why mention the other board? Because I dare to have different opinions to you? Theres plenty of snipers on both boards but that's not what I was talking about was it?

Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Eddie May wrote:Swindon bluebird I rem you on the snipers mb, always slagging Sam down and praising the riddler.

Whatever his faults I will never forget what Sam did for this club. Anyone can pick out this and that but the bottom line is whatever followed Sam was simply carpetbaggers raping the fruits of his efforts.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:

Why mention the other board? Because I dare to have different opinions to you? Theres plenty of snipers on both boards but that's not what I was talking about was it?

Ok calm down. Lets just leave it at THAT SAM HAMMAM IS THE MAN WHO STARTED THIS ROLLER COASTER RIDE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:47 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Sam could have closed us down anytime he wanted to since he left, that black Friday people talk about, it wasn't Sam threatening to put us into admin, it PMG, they used the threat of admin to get Sam to hand over control.
Has for money he's put in, he's lost more money at this club than all the others put together, and as for interest, the loan was provided interest free and with no prfernetial creditor status, which is what PMG insisted on, thus breaking the contract that had been made and the subsequent court actions'If this club had gone under the only one who'd have had any money back was PMG.

And as for delivering us the stadium, the stumbling block of allowing rugby was always going to be unacceptable to Sam, PR would have sold the rights to his sould to get the deal doneand his huge bonus payments handed over.

As for debts how can you leave a club owing you 24 million and then see the club sell 25 million pounds worth of players that you brought to the club and still not get a ppenny paid back to you odd the debt your are owed.

And as for sellin off the players on black Friday for peanuts, just think back and the team Sam leeft here for us was top of the championship and seven point sclearin December, remember the promise of new players in january from the mega rich hedge fund holders we were promised but never seen.

People need to find out some facts before mouthing off.

letting the rugby get in the way of building a new stadium shows the stuborness of Sam even if it hampers what he is trying to do. If he is owed 25 million it is only because of his own stupidity paying over inflated wages and transfers for players. We will never agree on this subject because I think Sam is like Marmite, you wither love him or you hate him!!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:

Ok calm down. Lets just leave it at THAT SAM HAMMAM IS THE MAN WHO STARTED THIS ROLLER COASTER RIDE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That I can't disagree with!!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:49 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:

You can certainly have an opinion, but if it's wrong then people are going to say so. Sam Hammam via Langston has so far lost at least £20m.

Therefore how can you slag off a man who has put in such a lot of his own cash whilst priasing someone who not only has taken £1.4m out of the club personally, but cost it far more in the way of lucrative contracts, agent fees and overspends on the stadium?

Fri May 14, 2010 1:49 pm

I think the problem here is that people's views are becoming more polarised the more their views are clashing. Now I liked Sam's passion and how he put a heart beat back into the club. No-one can argue against how he changed the face of our club. We wouldn't be where we are now without Sam and we wouldn't have the memories we do.

However, it wasn't all roses under his leadership and he did leave under a cloud due to making some mistakes. When it initially happened I condemned Sam. I didn't want him near our club. I couldn't forgive him for that statement in the 11th hour about running the club into the ground. I still find it a rather sensitive area.

Saying that, I was involved in something where my passion got the better of me and I said something that I later regretted. It changed people's views of how I approached the subject in question but over time, due to being given a second chance, I learnt from my mistakes and have made amends.

For this reason I am willing to see Sam come back, but in a limited role. Like a partner that did me wrong, I loved what Sam was about and I committed to what he believed in. However, Sam hurt me and in the same way a partner hurts you in life, it'll take time to rebuild that trust and fondness. Step by step it can be achieved though.

I emphasize though that it's a very grey area. Everyone's views of Sam will be different because he was that sort of character. He courted controversy and he entertained emotions. He made mistakes and some were big mistakes.

One thing I know is that the Malaysians know what they're doing. They are so intelligent and are superb businessmen. So if they bring Sam back, I suppose that will ease my anxieties. Provided he is back in a limited role. Sam can still give something to Cardiff but it needs to be in the right sort of position because this time we really couldn't afford to see him make the same mistakes twice.

Fri May 14, 2010 1:50 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:

You can certainly have an opinion, but if it's wrong then people are going to say so. Sam Hammam via Langston has so far lost at least £20m.

Therefore how can you slag off a man who has put in such a lot of his own cash whilst priasing someone who not only has taken £1.4m out of the club personally, but cost it far more in the way of lucrative contracts, agent fees and overspends on the stadium?

CORRECT Tony, Sam has lost OVER £20 MILLION OF HIS OWN MONEY, THE RIDDLER has ONLY TAKEN/ROBBED FROM OUR CLUB.