Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "DONT SAY I NEVER SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

Fri May 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
swindonbluebird wrote:
Eddie May wrote:Swindon bluebird I rem you on the snipers mb, always slagging Sam down and praising the riddler.
Sam deserves praise and Our gratitude :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why mention the other board? Because I dare to have different opinions to you? Theres plenty of snipers on both boards but that's not what I was talking about was it?

You can certainly have an opinion, but if it's wrong then people are going to say so. Sam Hammam via Langston has so far lost at least £20m.

Therefore how can you slag off a man who has put in such a lot of his own cash whilst priasing someone who not only has taken £1.4m out of the club personally, but cost it far more in the way of lucrative contracts, agent fees and overspends on the stadium?

I haven't got a problem with people having a different opinion, that's the beauty of messageboards but some people seem intent on an us and them mentality to users of CCMB. Can't people use both?

Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I can't! I'm not allowed! :lol:

I have no opinions about the CCMB and AAMB differences though. I find the snipers just time wasting and just ignore them. This isn't about that though, this is about the Sam Hammam debate!

Fri May 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Zabier wrote:I can't! I'm not allowed! :lol:

I have no opinions about the CCMB and AAMB differences though. I find the snipers just time wasting and just ignore them. This isn't about that though, this is about the Sam Hammam debate!

I know, and I think I'm outnumbered by the pro Sam people!! :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 1:58 pm

I would luv it if Sam turned up at Wembley and did his customary walk around the pitch stirring up the atmosphere :lol: :lol:

Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I am no riddler fan,why are people still harping on about sam coming back?its in the past he is the past,we are entering exciting times yet some of you guys keep wanting your mate involved in our club ,how is the club expected to move on and forward if the old guard were to return? new owners,new ideas and no more gamblers in my opinion.They have had their time and chance,time to move onwards and upwards.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Annis as you know and others who know me know I have believed for years that Sam would come back and when he was 'publically ousted' was a pr spin to move the stadium forward. Now is the time for Sam to come Home. :ayatollah:

SAM HAMMAM MY LORD :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Take your seat Sam and look at what you have helped us achieve :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Will always be grateful to Sam, as he reignited the club when it was stuck in the doldrums for 25 plus years. If it wasnt for him we would still be getting 3k crowds in the bottom two divisions. However, by doing what he did he nearly drove the club into oblivion and has saddled us with this massive debt. Sam, I believe lived the dream, but messed up big time, he is a very poor football businessman and he should never be involved at boardroom level again.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:08 pm

I personally think that Sam wanted the best for the club he made mistakes but I think the blame was that councillor who
would not help or work with Cardiff City for the stadium again that was all politics and bull shit then he brought in the ridler
who totally done Sam over.

I would welcome Sam back as even when we were in the shit Sam came out and spoke to supporters face to face if you wrote to him you didnt have be any of the chosen few to get a reply he replied to anyone who was a supporter

Sam told you what was happening even when it was bad news but we have been a toy that ridsdale gambled with he got away with it JUst thanks to Dave Jones & the players.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Looking at the deal with the Malaysians, if passed at the EGM the company will create an additional £5m worth of shares which will be kept back for future sale.

If we get promoted Sam is due a £5m bonus from Premiership money. What is the odds that instead of being paid £5m cash he receives those shares instead?

The maths adds up !!!!! Obviously holding back £5m worth and a £5m bonus due on promotion is not just coincidence. Well spotted Wilf

Fri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Bluebird4eva wrote:Will always be grateful to Sam, as he reignited the club when it was stuck in the doldrums for 25 plus years. If it wasnt for him we would still be getting 3k crowds in the bottom two divisions. However, by doing what he did he nearly drove the club into oblivion and has saddled us with this massive debt. Sam, I believe lived the dream, but messed up big time, he is a very poor football businessman and he should never be involved at boardroom level again.

I disagree with what you say, I think as a figurehead I think Sam is a superb chairman and a character who brought life to this club, he made us smile, he give us hope and belief then followed it through taking us on a dream, of which we hav'nt finished. A very poor football businessman would not have taken a small club from non league to Premiership, he should certainly be rewarded for what he achieved at this club and boardroom is the very place he should be.

The debt you say is pittance in comparision to what we owe now, it sounds to me that you have fallen for Ridsdale spin ( like we all did ) but have not woken up to the fact that Ridsdale used it as a smokescreen.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird4eva wrote:Will always be grateful to Sam, as he reignited the club when it was stuck in the doldrums for 25 plus years. If it wasnt for him we would still be getting 3k crowds in the bottom two divisions. However, by doing what he did he nearly drove the club into oblivion and has saddled us with this massive debt. Sam, I believe lived the dream, but messed up big time, he is a very poor football businessman and he should never be involved at boardroom level again.

I disagree with what you say, I think as a figurehead I think Sam is a superb chairman and a character who brought life to this club, he made us smile, he give us hope and belief then followed it through taking us on a dream, of which we hav'nt finished. A very poor football businessman would not have taken a small club from non league to Premiership, he should certainly be rewarded for what he achieved at this club and boardroom is the very place he should be.

The debt you say is pittance in comparision to what we owe now, it sounds to me that you have fallen for Ridsdale spin ( like we all did ) but have not woken up to the fact that Ridsdale used it as a smokescreen.

carl

because of my relationship with steve i know the other side of sam that was a bully and a dictator in the boardroom ( i could write my own book if i could find a decent publisher :lol: ) .
i dont really see sam being able to come back in a minor role as his ego is to big for that.
i wont be suprised if the 5 million is the reason he comes back on board because they have just done the same sort of deal with michael issac's with his debt.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:37 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

carl

because of my relationship with steve i know the other side of sam that was a bully and a dictator in the boardroom ( i could write my own book if i could find a decent publisher :lol: ) .
i dont really see sam being able to come back in a minor role as his ego is to big for that.
i wont be suprised if the 5 million is the reason he comes back on board because they have just done the same sort of deal with michael issac's with his debt.

I just started a thread on the same subject Steve and would hope this happens :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For months now I have hinted Sam Hammam might come back, I speak every other day to him, while he is in exile as Sam puts it and missing Cardiff City every day.

I just get this Feeling Sam will be back on board with The Malaysians by the Time Next Season Starts and I For one Will proud to shake his hand and Welcome him back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE BECAUSE OF ONE MAN "SAM HAMMAM", Anyone who followed Cardiff City PRE SAM days will Appreciate how far we have come and that NO ONE WOULD TOUCH US.

Totally agree Annis. Sam may have his faults but he started the ball rolling so to speak. :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

ok, Langston, that is sam, wasnt it he who for years tried to hide that it was,
how can anyone ever believe a word that comes out of his mouth in future,
i have supported city since 72, Bob Grogan i would say was trying to get us there before he passed away,
sam did start all this,and we would not of been where we are now if it wasnt for him, but he also knew what he was doing, and luckily the Council found out as well, he would of and tried to hold this club to ransom.
i think sam is best left in 'the history' of the 'rise of cardiff city', cannot see it going down at all well with the vast majority of fans..and bearing in mind, message boards only account for a small percentage of cardiff fans opinions.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

I just said this in the other thread...

I loved Sam...really did and he is the reason we are where we are today good and bad points included... BUT let's move on now ffs... No More Sam..No more Peter.... TG and his crew! let's back them like we all backed Sam!! The times they are a changin!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm

It's very difficult to see how this kind of union would work. Sams a control freak. How long would it take before he fell out with somebody. What kind of input could he put, would it be financial.?

Fri May 14, 2010 4:00 pm

i never met or knew sam,but he brought a dream and belief that we have today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Annis just because you know him personally you should not be seduced by his charm in the same way you think Warren Feeney is world class, and any way you always said you preferred the old days in the 4th Division

Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm

It will always be difficult to trust somebody who had quite ofter lied to you

Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Zabier wrote:Annis, I think we've agreed on some areas of the Hammam subject and disagreed on others. However, I do think Sam can be his own worst enemy. Provided he has no control to make the big decisions I wouldn't mind him coming back. His passion and enthusiasm can't be faulted. However, it's this passion (like Ridsdale's urge to gamble) that lets him down and I think he is a wild dog and needs to be kept on a leash.

If he is kept on a leash I think maybe, just maybe he could provide some benefit.

:ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I personally think that Sam wanted the best for the club he made mistakes but I think the blame was that councillor who
would not help or work with Cardiff City for the stadium again that was all politics and bull shit then he brought in the ridler
who totally done Sam over.

I would welcome Sam back as even when we were in the shit Sam came out and spoke to supporters face to face if you wrote to him you didnt have be any of the chosen few to get a reply he replied to anyone who was a supporter

Sam told you what was happening even when it was bad news but we have been a toy that ridsdale gambled with he got away with it JUst thanks to Dave Jones & the players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 5:01 pm

thing is boys, the majority of people only get their news from the local press, before my message board days i hated sams guts, you lads have to appreciate the fact that most of us dont have the "inside information" that you lads get.
I hated sam and the riddler, both of them had their pro`s and con`s.
However after being a member of this mb for a while now and reading earlier posts, i could start to piece the jigsaw puzzle together.
Yes sam did start all this off and he will always be remembered for it. But we got new owners coming in now and we need them to push on with this clubs legacy.
I remember working away, in some random pub in Norwich, when i got talking to a wimbledon fan. (sam had just took over then.) He told me in no small measure that no matter how we will fare under sams reign, that it would all end in tears.
Another thing that has always been on my mind is when sam did take us on when no one else would is that we must have been seriously overspending 1m for kav, 1.7 for thorne etc. which makes him as accountable for bad business as the riddler.
It 6 of 1 , half a dozen of the other in my opinion.
If someone takes us over and dont spend money and we stay in league 2 we would slag that owner off, if someone sees us for the sleeping giant we have always said we are and gambles on us going to the prem by overspending and nearly bankrupting us then we will slag him off.
its hard to call being a football fan. thats why businessmen should run clubs and thats why the malaysians should do this alone

Fri May 14, 2010 7:56 pm

cooked for sam in le brass, the first friday nite he was in cardiff, the guy was a gent, even did the ayatollah with me which got a few raised eyebrows amongst the ober arseholes that used to go in there.

welcome back sam, but remember its our lives your f*cking round with!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm

His passion and enthusiasm can't be faulted

£5mill of sam walking round the pitch say we want sam hamman walking around the pitch :ayatollah: